Thread: Inspector Darkney Support Thread

Inspector Darkney Support Thread

OK guys for my first thread I thought I'd see if there was any support for the Inspector. No this is not a joke. I really want him.

To me he's Horde Prime's "Imp". If you do something wrong, he's going to tell on you. And no matter how mad he makes someone, they can't touch him because of fear of his master.

I see them making him a military strategist with a passion for interrogation to expand the character.

What do you guys say? I'm only expecting about 4 people to show up, but we'll see.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I would love for him to be brought to life, but he would'nt feel right in the current body sculpts, they would have to make a scrowny male body for him to truely feel perfect! But I want him to be in the line!

He is a important character in filmation in that he is a higher up then Hordak, but all he really is a human with special abilities. I dont really like characters like this, when you have characters like Vultak, Scropia, and False Face still out there.

I love the character and design. I really really really hope they make him, but he doesn't seem that popular as far as Filmation characters go. Let's hope we can change that!

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, nevermind - I got this guy confused with Admiral Scurvy.

One of my top Filmation wants for sure. I can't believe he doesn't have a thread yet. He's in multiple episodes, including one of the best episodes ever. I also want Spyster!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Rather than a snooty inspector, I'd rather have him as a high ranking Horde official. There should not be anybody inbetween Horde Prime and Hordak since their bios confirmed that they are both Horde royalty.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    He's one of the characters that I hated the most in Filmation. Hordak doesn't need no stinking inspectors! I'm more of a fan of the idea of HORDAK leading the Horde, rather than being akin to an office manager of a branch of the Horde.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to fans getting his figure if they wanted him. He's probably someone's favorite.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Snappy Threader
    Yeah I think he's like on the D list level, but with the Horde being low on ranks in MOTUC, I figure he might be a good pick, especially if they go the Filmation sub route.....if....

Oh he is definitely what I like to call a "get in line" character. Scorpia, all vintage & POP, Vultak, Imp, Dylamug & Scurvy should be before him. But I still want him. If nothing more than to boost the ranks. I'm a Horder what can I say?

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Oh he is definitely what I like to call a "get in line" character. Scorpia, all vintage & POP, Vultak, Imp, Dylamug & Scurvy should be before him. But I still want him. If nothing more than to boost the ranks. I'm a Horder what can I say?
    I agree totally buddy.

I wouldn't be against his inclusion, sure!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I dunno if I would put Scurvey ahead of him. His episodes were more memorable in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

While I wouldn't mind Inspector Darkney...I cannot imagine the overall rage this figure would get / ala purple bunny hate I'm hearing lately. (plundar) Cool character for sure in the cartoon...but not sure how popular he would be to the masses or how well he would go over in action figure form.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd take him.

The 4H would have to work their usual magic and make with a whole new (un-buff) buck though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I dunno if I would put Scurvey ahead of him. His episodes were more memorable in my opinion.
    For me too, I figured Scurvy would go over better, but I'd take Darkney over Vultak, honestly. Vultak is cooler, but Darkney just stuck with me.

Anyway glad to see more than my responses in this thread, & no Darkney hate, thats a plus. Now if we just make it until '18 we got a shot!

For me too, I figured Scurvy would go over better, but I'd take Darkney over Vultak, honestly. Vultak is cooler, but Darkney just stuck with me.

Anyway glad to see more than my responses in this thread, & no Darkney hate, thats a plus. Now if we just make it until '18 we got a shot!
    I agree. At this point the only thing I want more than Darkney are the Twiggets. He is a great candidate for post 2015 in my opinion!

Let me get this straight, they named a black Hordak assistant "Inspector DARKney".

Does anyone have any other pictures or art of him? I am not feeling his look at all, and that is 2 strikes.

Can anyone make a case for this guy changing those two things?
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Quote Originally Posted by Grepicon View Post
    Let me get this straight, they named a black Hordak assistant "Inspector DARKney".

Does anyone have any other pictures or art of him? I am not feeling his look at all, and that is 2 strikes.

Can anyone make a case for this guy changing those two things?
    He may have a more olive complexion but he isn't black.

Insector Darkney 1.jpg Inspector Darkney 2.jpg Inspector Darkney 3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    He may have a more olive complexion but he isn't black.

Insector Darkney 1.jpg Inspector Darkney 2.jpg Inspector Darkney 3.jpg
    Thanks for the additional pics, I do appreciate it. I am more than willing to get as many Horde members as possible. Is there any other fan art out there? I don't know, I just find that his skin color is brown and they gave him big lips - this figure in this day and age is just not cool to me with this name and his physical attributes.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Quote Originally Posted by Grepicon View Post
    Thanks for the additional pics, I do appreciate it. I am more than willing to get as many Horde members as possible. Is there any other fan art out there? I don't know, I just find that his skin color is brown and they gave him big lips - this figure in this day and age is just not cool to me with this name and his physical attributes.
    I've never seen any fan art of this character. I'd love to see some though!

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    He is a character I would love to have in the line-up for the evil horde.