Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USURPERS 1. The Beast: Bound by a Spell

Thanks, Brimstone! I really appreciate the feedback. Chapter six very soon. Focusing on the main man- or main Gar himself.
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

PART SIX ADDED: THE END!!!
    6. The Alchemist: Prayers to a Dark God

Loved it. What a great, dark story.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Loved it. What a great, dark story.
    Thanks Zargon! Thanks so much for reading the whole works...
    So... dare I ask for more feedback? Whatd'ya'll think?
    Would anyone like some more tales from this grim Eternia?

I love this take on our favorite characters. I really like how you tweak the MOTUC bios, Filmation, etc. to give us a darker/more realistic take. I really like how you included Demo-Man and Skeletor's 3 (re-)birthdays. Bring on more. I also love how monstrous the Horde is portrayed. Just like they were intended.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    I love this take on our favorite characters. I really like how you tweak the MOTUC bios, Filmation, etc. to give us a darker/more realistic take. I really like how you included Demo-Man and Skeletor's 3 (re-)birthdays. Bring on more. I also love how monstrous the Horde is portrayed. Just like they were intended.
    Thanks! Yeah, like many folks, I didn't love the Demo-man bio a first, but the more I though about it, the more I liked the idea of him and his role. Glad to hear my version of him came off well for you!
    Oh, and the Horde- yeah. Creepy. I tend to see Hordak as a mad geneticist. Just a really amoral guy... surrounding himself with his homemade monsters. Yikes!

Warrior of the Inferno Brimstone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MLHumble View Post
    Would anyone like some more tales from this grim Eternia?
    I hope that you continue with more tales from this grim version of Eternia.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

My art (mostly MOTU related ) please feel free to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I hope that you continue with more tales from this grim version of Eternia.
    Thanks, man! The wheels in my mind are already turning...

Heroic Warrior
    I really like and admire your achievement with Usurpers. Having read it episodically over a period of time I have now found the leisure to read it through as a whole - and found it a very worthwhile and entertaining experience.

What I particularly like is the way in which you offer some insights as to the motivations of the evil; all too often we get only that they are - well - evil - as if that were all there is or need be to it. Here you show strong elements as to why they act as they do - and that they are as much motivated by fear as by greed for power; indeed some of them are victims, with whom we can sympathise in their plight, which lends depth to your tale and a certain moral dignity, too.

Best of all, it also goes some way towards an explanation of why evil fails to subdue good - in spite, apparently, of having almost all the advantages on its side. The unthinking dismiss this as their incompetence, even buffoonery - but you show that the underlying reason is that they fear, distrust and HATE one another. Yes, elements of the narcissism of difference, inevitably - but you do depict their mutual loathing and chicanery really well - and that helps us to understand why they are as they are - and why they do not succeed in their nefarious aims.

It, once again, points up the importance in such fables of having a clear-cut difference between good and evil that, in spite of all the literary conventions and value of both subtlety and nuance, must be ultimately recognizable. And this you do so very well - while also telling an interesting and thought-provoking series of vignette tales.

Thank you for all your efforts on our behalf; they are very much appreciated here.

I've been reading this awesome tale to my 13 year old son and we love it.

Wow guys! Thank you so much for the kind words! It's really appreciated!
    And I just can't say enough how cool it is to have someone read my stuff.
    I've written 2 novels so far, but only one or two people have read them. Not a lot of feedback. Oh, hey- if interested, PM me, and I'll email you the PDF of my first novel if you want. Y'know, if you like my style...
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by MLHumble; April 29, 2013 at 03:01pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd certainly care to look at your first novel; after all - I'm a writer (so I need to spot upcoming rivals on the horizon....!)

I did enjoy your exposition of evil.

Bumping this sucker up- maybe giving it some new life! Anyone wanna jump on? It's a completed 6 part creepy story- perfect for Halloween! Thanks, y'alls!