Thread: Starburst She-Ra! In concert?

Starburst She-Ra! In concert?

Picture it...

Chicago. The United Center. Madonna's 2006 Confessions Tour. I'm hypnotized by Madonna's spectacle of a show. As one of her loyal fans for two decades, I'm leading the way in my section of the arena for dancing, sweating, jumping, screaming, and singing along. Almost two hours into the show, the Queen storms into the final act with the familiar electro-cadence of "Lucky Star" and is suddenly surrounded by her two back-up singers. She emerges and spreads her wings as the stage lights go dark, wowing the audience with an open cape of dazzling lights. The crowd goes wild for Madonna's show-stopping costume, and all I can think is..."Holy $#%@! It's Starburst She-Ra!"

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pretty sure I was the only one whose brain shifted into POP territory during the concert.

Love your post. Very Sophia from Golden Girls.

She could have also taken the influence from Guardian Goddesses... Nah. Madonna was inspired by She-Ra.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    When I storyboarded Robotech, I had Madonna in mind for the role of Janis Morris, the successful pop singer/actress that makes Lyn Minmie feel jealous, before singing a song that saves the galaxy from war.

..just saying.
    (I have other great artists in mind for that particular movie too, if I had a way to make it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Love your post. Very Sophia from Golden Girls.
    Ha! The only thing missing was ...

Sophia: "That hypnotized fan was me Rose. And the performer ... was STARBURST She-Ra!"

Dorothy: "Ma! You're making that up!"

Sophia: "So what, I'm 85 years old. I'm lucky if I remember to put my teeth in in the morning."
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Ha! The only thing missing was ...

Sophia: "That hypnotized fan was me Rose. And the performer ... was STARBURST She-Ra!"

Dorothy: "Ma! You're making that up!"

Sophia: "So what, I'm 85 years old. I'm lucky if I remember to put my teeth in in the morning."
    And that just made my tepidly amusing thread/post absolutely hilarious! That was awesome, Swifty.

So Madonna was stealing She-Ra's looks even BEFORE the Superbowl halftime show, eh? Interesting...