Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC: 200X Stratos Version 2

MOTUC: 200X Stratos Version 2

200X fans may remember my earlier Stratos custom, that I couldn't finish without Trap-Jaw shins. Well, I finally finished him

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Great job! I really think it's an improvement on the MOTUC design. The use of Trap-Jaw's shins looks fantastic. The only change I would suggest though is to trim off the bottom row of feathers on the front and back of the kilt. They look a bit to long and bend up a bit. It would give him a more streamlined look if they were gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 19, 2010 at 12:00pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    very impressed to see minor details take a bland looking figure and give him the pop he needs. great work.

Great job, huge improvement over the original. I love the feet.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Oh man I want him!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i would almost make the handles, and back of the jet pack to match the shin color blue.... to make it flow more.

Sweet!
    -------

Very Nice! I can only hope and dream that one day Mattel will make this figure. the 200X Stratos is by far my favorite version.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Great job! I really think it's an improvement on the MOTUC design. The use of Trap-Jaw's shins looks fantastic. The only change I would suggest though is to trim off the bottom row of feathers on the front and back of the kilt. They look a bit to long and bend up a bit. It would give him a more streamlined look if they were gone.
    I know what you mean about the feathers bending, thats actually the second one that I used. The first one was bent worse!

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    i would almost make the handles, and back of the jet pack to match the shin color blue.... to make it flow more.
    I wasn't sure how obvious the different blues were, good eye

Have you considered using something to cover the huge gap on the side of his belt? Something like pieces of craft foam sheets could work. (I know I will use some pieces of foam sheets for My Grizzlor's face.)

I really got to ask you, How did you make the feet? Does the joint work?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

That's really awesome. Thats how I wished the stratos would have came.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Evil Snake General General_Rattlor's Avatar
    This custom is great! Really well done. When the MotUC Line startet I was hoping it would be a mixture of Vintage and MotUC Designs - just like the bios of the figures. I'm very sad about the fact that it isn't and we read the message "that look is retired" every few weeks from Toyguru. Well, maybe it is but it should'nt. Your stratos is a perfect example for what I had in mind for the MotUC line and it is impressive how good a mixture of the designs can look, if it's well done.

Curious how you did the feet, too....

This custom truly rocks, thank you. It's funny how these exaggerated body parts from 200x fit right in with MOTUC! Keep up the greatness.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Awesome work. The 200x wings look so much better.

Great job. What an improvement! AND it makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE than the regular one. The 200X line was on to something there... Could it be?
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

HOLY COW! Now that's a great custom job! Excellent work my friend!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Heroic Warrior
    Great job!!
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

Seeing this custom makes me hope we can get a version like this down the line. It basically "amps" up the original Stratos design just like the 200X inspired MOTUC Zodak does compared to regular MOTUC Zodac.

Way better than the MOTUC release. Really good custom.

I'm getting annoyed with the lack of detail on MOTUC. I wish they'd move toward a more predominant 200X style but still keep the essence of MOTUC.

That is amazing! Love it!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Have you considered using something to cover the huge gap on the side of his belt? Something like pieces of craft foam sheets could work. (I know I will use some pieces of foam sheets for My Grizzlor's face.)

I really got to ask you, How did you make the feet? Does the joint work?
    I didn't see the gap had opened up until I was going over the photos. It's actually big enough to glue the ends, I just havent done it yet. Thanks for the link, they don't have foam sheets anywhere near where I live and I've seen them put to good use

Quote Originally Posted by General_Rattlor View Post
    This custom is great! Really well done. When the MotUC Line startet I was hoping it would be a mixture of Vintage and MotUC Designs - just like the bios of the figures. I'm very sad about the fact that it isn't and we read the message "that look is retired" every few weeks from Toyguru. Well, maybe it is but it should'nt. Your stratos is a perfect example for what I had in mind for the MotUC line and it is impressive how good a mixture of the designs can look, if it's well done.

Curious how you did the feet, too....
    I'd really like to see different versions of each character in MOTUC let vintage fans have an oldschool Stratos, let 200X fans have their version.

The feet are just cut off of a 200X Stratos figure and trimmed and Dremmeled into shape with a hole for the ankle peg. The ankle peg was trimmed from a "T" to an "I" shape. One was snug, the other was loose so I filled the hole with Fixit sculpt to take up the slack. The ankles have maybe 70% of standard movement which isn't much anyway on a TJ ankle but I'm not a big fan of wobbly ankles so it's enough for me

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    that is very very good! that would be cool if we could get 200x armor for our motuc figures.

This is amazing! The 200X version is Stratos is so awesome -- nice to see both versions combined!!!

Really nice job

Snappy Threader
    I figure we will be seeing more of these with the freebies ppeople are getting. Very cool.