Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should MOTUC be re-released as the movie line?

Should MOTUC be re-released as the movie line?

If and when the new movie gets released, would you be happy if MOTUC gets re-used as the movie toyline?

Or would you like a completely different toyline?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Different line entirely. Possibly the same scale figures and with Four Horsemen involvement. But it sort of makes it feel like MOTUC should remain as it was intended - an online collector line. The movie line would 'compliment' the MOTUC figures by being in the same scale.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Presumably a movie would have a totally different look than what the Classics is. I'd have to say no, that a movie should get it's own figures.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm on the same boat: a movie line should be something completely different from MOTUC. I have no interest in movie figures (doesn't matter the line or the movie), and I wouldn't want those figures mixed with MOTUC. I don't even think that Mattel would use the 4H to sculpt them, just because most movie figures look cheap and suck (well, with the exception of the Hot Toys 12" figures).

Court Magician
    Like others just said, I would want a different line. We already have MOTUC, why would I want them again? Make a new line so you can get more $ from me. Thats the whole reason they make toys in the first place. I also like the idea of them being in scale as to compliment what we have.

No, but it should at least advertise the classics line in/on every movie figure package.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    IF there's a new MOTU movie (and that's a pretty big "IF", I think), I'd personally prefer the new figures to be MOTUC figures.

Alas, Toyguru already gave us Mattel's view : should a new MOTU movie be released, there would be a new line of toys. As I don't plan to collect another MOTU line after MOTUC - and certainly not a line that's produced by Mattel -, I'm not interested in the least in a "new" MOTU line based on the fabled new movie...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    IF there's a new MOTU movie (and that's a pretty big "IF", I think), I'd personally prefer the new figures to be MOTUC figures.

Alas, Toyguru already gave us Mattel's view : should a new MOTU movie be released, there would be a new line of toys. As I don't plan to collect another MOTU line after MOTUC - and certainly not a line that's produced by Mattel -, I'm not interested in the least in a "new" MOTU line based on the fabled new movie...
    Same here...

Separate line to Classics most definitely.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I would say a new compatible line with actors likeness with the potential to add beasts and villains (and vehicles for you vehicle people) compatible to Motuc
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

It'll be a separate line, probably at a smaller scale. But they could sell Classics in-store alongside them. At least that seemed a possible plan at one point - to sell stripped down or slight paint variants at retail in a movie year. Of course, that was years ago.

Yes, a separate line would likely be inevitable. Also it would have to be very different than MOTUC, because it would be mass produced for retail sale. Probably less accessories, and less small parts because it would be aimed at kids. The QC would be 1,000X better because of the safety concerns, and because large retail chains wouldn't tolerate the problems.

They should be in the same scale, same style, and use the same molds when possible as the MOTUC line. They should blend in together.

As someone else mentioned, the movie line should be a continuation of MOTUC. I also will not be collecting a new separate line if it doesn't fit in with MOTUC. I will definitely pass if it's a different scale and/or style. MOTUC is it for me!
    Last edited by Donimo; December 30, 2012 at 12:14pm.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

The reason I ask as I was thinking about the fisto rerelease thread. It would kinda solve the problem of 2nd runs and hopefully improve on the overall build quality of some figures eg roboto, snout spout.

I also agree with some in that classics will be the only line for me. A different accessory or different repaint would be enough to re-buy the figures I own if it came in a different packaging. I would see it as a continuation of the line.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Maybe, they could have a movie masters line done in the same scale as MOTUC while having a smaller scale figure line as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    The QC would be 1,000X better because of the safety concerns, and because large retail chains wouldn't tolerate the problems.
    The absolute truth contained in this statement really rang a bitter bell with me.

MOTUC sans the restrictions would be cool.

Heroic Warrior
    It will be a new line at a smaller scale in order to make beasts, vehicles, and play sets cost effective. Just look at the current TMNT. That is where MOTU will be when it returns to mass retail.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    If and when the new movie gets released, would you be happy if MOTUC gets re-used as the movie toyline?

Or would you like a completely different toyline?
    Maybe this is me assuming that the movie stuff will not look anything like MOTU, but let the movie stuff be it's own animal.

I would like the Classics to get re-released alongside of the movie stuff. TMNT and ThunderCats had their next generation versions, but also released the iconic versions at retail as well. Now that I think of it, this is probably one of the hidden reasons why they won't go back into production on older figures like Teela or Tri-Klops...they might save them to be released at retail alongside of the movie stuff.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Snappy Threader
    Same scale and basic design so they would be compatible (not like DCUC and Movie Masters)......but I would assume they would have a more realistic look, but I sure hope they would be same size, scale, etc so they would fit together seamlessly.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    The QC would be 1,000X better because of the safety concerns, and because large retail chains wouldn't tolerate the problems.
    Every toyline has mishaps. While there have been mishaps, there are other retail lines with far worse QC than Classics has. Like Marvel Universe. Mispainted lips, eyes, decals, sloppy paint, weapons that don't fit in hands, thigh pegs that are exposed...Classics has really good QC in comparison.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    The reason I ask as I was thinking about the fisto rerelease thread.
    But you're assuming that, hypothetically speaking, a movie version of Fisto would look exactly the same as the Classics figure. There is virtually no chance of that being the case. A movie toy line, as well as the movie itself, would be a 100% self-contained thing. It would have nothing to do with the Classics line.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I have to echo some of the comments here, the movie line should be its own thing. But MOTUC should be re-released at retail as a complimentary line when the movie comes out. Might get some adults who haven't been aware of this line to jump in, or at least have a cup of MOTUC coffee.

New line based on the film's designs, I'd say. However, I'd also put out a few Classics (perhaps short a few accessories and/or extra heads to draw new fans into the Matty line. Say HM, MAA, Teela, Skeletor, BM, MM, Stratos, She-Ra... Shoot, certain repaints we'd hoped to see in the TRU sets could find a home here.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    No.

Movie based figures are supposed to suck and MOTUC figures do not suck, therefore MOTUC cannot be released as a movie lien.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!