Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should MOTUC be re-released as the movie line?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    No.

Movie based figures are supposed to suck and MOTUC figures do not suck, therefore MOTUC cannot be released as a movie lien.
    Can't argue that!

However, sometimes, movie figures turn out well....Saurod and Blade!

Entirely New figures.... I dont want to pay for just a different head. And beinf that they will be mass produced they will hopefully be alot cheaper then $25 or whatever their up too now
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    When the original Masters of the Universe Movie was released Mattel didn't even bother making a "movie" version of Skeletor or He-Man (among others), they only focused on the new characters and incorporated them into the vintage line. However, the MOTU line was already available at retail, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Seeing as how the Classics line is only available on Matty.com (mostly through subs) a new movie line would most certainly be completely different from MOTUC because it would cater to the retail market, kids mostly...

With that said, I would prefer a line of movie figures made in the same style and scale as MOTUC so that they can easily be incorporated into the existing line. Like others have stated, this would be a great way to introduce (a stripped down) MOTUC to retail stores.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Separate line, using the MOTUC bucks to provide movie-accurate variants of the characters.

Should include variant heads so there can be an actor-version and a MOTUC version.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

But will we be getting MOTUC versions of the new He-Man movie characters? I am sure that isn't far from Mattels mind. I am still waiting for Gwildor.

I would prefer an all new line
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

if they are going to be in the same motuc scale or buck i will buy them, if not, im out
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

I won't start another version of a Masters Of The Universe collection... that is to say, I wouldn't buy 3 3/4" scaled figures, or giant 12" figures, etc etc. So, reusing Classics bucks and accessories for a new movie-themed line would probably the only way they'll get money out of me when a movie comes along. Whatever they decide to make, I hope it's in scale to what we've been getting the past few years so I can integrate the two lines together. Otherwise it's a pass for me.

I am thinking Green Lantern. Small 3 3/4 inch figures with vehicles and beasts and castles in scale, then a "Movie Masters" line in the MOTUC scale, sculpted by the 4H. They could release existing characters in the mix, possibly repainted, and then put out movie accurate figures too. I really hope they do better than the GL or Batman figures that they did in the 4" scale, because there was very little articulation and I was not impressed with them in the least.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I am thinking Green Lantern. Small 3 3/4 inch figures with vehicles and beasts and castles in scale, then a "Movie Masters" line in the MOTUC scale, sculpted by the 4H. They could release existing characters in the mix, possibly repainted, and then put out movie accurate figures too. I really hope they do better than the GL or Batman figures that they did in the 4" scale, because there was very little articulation and I was not impressed with them in the least.
    Agreed. They are terrible. This is exactly why the DC Infinite Heroes line died so quickly..... poor paint apps, bad articulation, lousy sculpts. Not to mention a sad choice of characters...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!