Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best Evil Warrior swordsman?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar

Who is the best Evil Warrior swordsman?

Who is the best swordsman in the Evil Warriors? And why?

Here are the sword wielding Evil Warriors (and feel free to add any I missed):

Skeletor
    Tri-Klops
    Blade
    Mer-Man
    Jitsu
    Draego-Man
    Ninjor

I think Blade is the top Evil Warrior swordsman because it seems like weaponry is his life and of course his gimmick. The guy is named Blade! But I can see good arguments for several other sword wielding Evil Warriors.

This is how I rank them in my "play Universe"
    Blade (THE Evil Swordsman)
    Skeletor (While he now relies more on Magic, he can still hold his own with the blades)
    Ninjor (Ninja... Has to be one Heck of a Swordsman)
    Tri-Klops (Above average Swordsman...)
    Jitsu (Decent Swordsman, but his Primary weapon is his hand)
    Draego-Man (Not that great... Kinda decent, flame Weapons compensate for his flaws)
    Count Marzo (While a Decent Swordsman, he relies to much on the Gem)
    Mer-Man (not that great with a blade...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Easily Blade.

And of course, Ninjor and Jitsu. Call me stereotypical, but these guys are the Masamune's of the He-Man Universe...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    With none using their powers (save for Tri-Klops using his only to see), I see a very long three-way long-lasting stand-off between Skeletor, Tri-Klops and Blade, with Skeletor finally going down (he's come to rely on magic too much and is probably seriously out of practice) and the other two going indefinitely as long as their bodies allowed.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior
    Well, Blade was based on Tri-Klops(if i remember correctly).
    So i'm gonna say Tri-Klops. Then Skeletor.

Well...Blade of course. His whole gimmick is that he's a master swordsman. To have anyone above him would make his character pointless.

Before Blade came along, surely it had to be Tri-Klops.

Since Skeletor had to have Blade do his swordfight for him in the movie, I'd say Blade

Hard to say...

I wish it would be Tri-Klops but I think it is either Blade or Ninjor.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    Was Tri-Klops a master swordsman in the comics or something? Because I can't remember from the cartoons nor his bio that he was a great swordsman. (I might be very wrong though) It might just be me imagining that he is more a tech head and uses his blasts more then a sword in the various cartoons.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Snappy Threader
    Tri-Klops, because of his swordsman background....Blade later, maybe after Tri-Klops settled in to the inventor role....

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Immediately I thought of Blade and TriKlops. But as I read this what about Keldor. He was wielding his sword pretty nice in those MYP cartoons. And then of course Skeletor.and ninjas as well has gotta be good with. A sword and don't forget about Jit-su he's gotta sword.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Not buying that Tri-Klops would be the best swordsman. As far as I’m aware he only uses one eye in combat which would make judging distances such as to his opponent or to their advancing sword difficult. The use of one eye might also reduce his field of view increasing his chances of being taken by surprise in combat.

My choice would be Skeletor as he is royalty and would have received warrior training when young from the best swordsmen in Eternia. These swordsmanship skills probably being amplified by increases in strength and other abilities when he gained magic powers.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Pure swordmanship, I'd say Tri-Klops. His heightened abilities of vision would make him almost unbeatable in a sword fight.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

the Kurgen!!!! There can be only one!!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    Not buying that Tri-Klops would be the best swordsman. As far as I’m aware he only uses one eye in combat which would make judging distances such as to his opponent or to their advancing sword difficult. The use of one eye might also reduce his field of view increasing his chances of being taken by surprise in combat.

My choice would be Skeletor as he is royalty and would have received warrior training when young from the best swordsmen in Eternia. These swordsmanship skills probably being amplified by increases in strength and other abilities when he gained magic powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Pure swordmanship, I'd say Tri-Klops. His heightened abilities of vision would make him almost unbeatable in a sword fight.
    Something to consider about Blade (I just realized this), he's got an eyepatch, so Tri-Klop's one eye has to be stronger than Blade's one eye. But that doesn't mean Tri-Klops is more skilled.

Skeletor would indeed have to have some major training and swordsmanship, and he's got to be confident in his skills, as he's clashed with He-Man several times one-on-one (of course having to us dirty tactics to compensate).

Mer-Man doesn't seem to be getting much love, but his sword wielding in water would be slower, so in air, he might have a really strong swing.

Ninjor would have to be a favorite, considering he's trained in swords and has two eyes (possible peripheral vision) that Tri-Klops and Blade don't have. And I guess Skeletor doesn't really have eyes, either

Quote Originally Posted by hoover View Post
    the Kurgen!!!! There can be only one!!

McCloud of the clan mcCloud

Heroic Warrior
    I've always considered Triklops to have the BEST vision. Who says he only sees out of ONE of his eyes at once??

I've always taken him to be impossible to sneak up on...

Skeletor/Keldor?? They were flashy with those blades... but I dont' remember them ever doing anything with them. Every time he pulled them out, he got beat down... not just He-man either

I go blade or Triklops. I honestly just don't think Ninjor or Jitsu have that much skill with the sword. They have too MANY toys to play with to claim they are the BEST with what they have. Ninjor has a sword yes.,.. but he also as a bow and nunchuks too.. Jitsu I think focuses on the chopping hand more then his blade...

Triklops showed up in his mini stomping Battle Cat, Ram Man, and Teela, and doing REALLY good against He-man too with his signature weapon...

Blade?? He's a master of swords. He isn't a cyborg, menatlist, half beast creature... but his skill with a sword makes him still worthy to stay on Skeletor's payroll... that must say a lot.

Although Skeletor's sword may not be his weapon of choice, I believe only He-Man is a better swordsman.

After the Overlord of Evil, I'd say Blade is easily the most skilled swordsman.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    1. Blade- It's all he does. And like it's already been stated- his name is Blade.
    2. Tri-Klops- It seems like it shouldn't get any better than a once blind swordsman. Now that his handicap has been reversed ten-fold (now he sees everything) he should be that much better. And I still believe Blade was originally Trike in the movie.
    3. Jitsu- he's an "asian" master of many different martial arts, so the stereotyped cliché should apply. Lol. I didn't give him top spot because he does much more work with the golden hand.
    4. Skeletor- Keldor seemed to be a bad dude with those dual blades. He held his own against many greats, but ultimately- storyline dictated he had to fall to Randor. Not saying Randor should be a slouch, but it does bring Keldor down a few notches. Good thing Skeletor is greater master of the dark arts.
    5. Ninjor- Due to those pesky clichés, one would think the lone ninja would be higher on the list. But I see Ninjor as a "troop-builder" and we all know an army of ninjas are only cannon fodder.
    6. Draego-Man- He breathes fire and his magical sword turns into a fire. I don't think he has (or needed to) practice enough "traditional" fencing skills to qualify for this contest. Lol.
    7. Mer-Man- Don't know how this one one really made the list either. Seems like he'd be more of the spear/trident type of guy anyway.

Fun topic, but I'm wondering how a "heroes" list would result.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Was Tri-Klops a master swordsman in the comics or something? Because I can't remember from the cartoons nor his bio that he was a great swordsman. (I might be very wrong though) It might just be me imagining that he is more a tech head and uses his blasts more then a sword in the various cartoons.
    Between his original mini-comic and the 200x-era comics, he was shown to be more than skilled with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Fun topic, but I'm wondering how a "heroes" list would result.
    I imagine MAA and Teela would both be well-versed. Oddly enough, I don't and never have seen He-Man himself as a master swordsman; he's never really needed finesse with the Power Sword. Though never shown as using one, something tells me the mystic Zodak is probably pretty handy with one as well. Randor in his prime was probably top-notch, too. Strange, I can't really think of that many other heroic warriors/Masters that were shown as being swordsmen of any high caliber. Vikor maybe? Sir Laser-Lot is probably very competent, but with so little known about him, hard to place. Given he had the sword that started all this, wonder how He-Ro was with a sword.
    Last edited by Madison Carter; December 30, 2012 at 11:44pm.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Here's my run-down, in order of increasing skill:

Draego-Man: not particularly skilled, but his swird does catch fire, so points for showmanship!
    Squiddish: decent, but prefers to use his blades ability to blast water as in the early minis
    Skeletor: skilled, though he prefers the use of the Havoc Staff
    Jitsu: very skilled, though he relies most on his martial arts prowess
    Tri-Klops: very skilled, though he is also a jack-of-all-trades, skilled with many other weapons and with technology
    Ninjor: very, very skilled with blades and other weapons, but his best asset is his stealth
    Blade: master swordsman, though his other skills pale in comparison...okay with a whip though...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    that is easy. Blade
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'd say Blade or Tri-clops. I think Tri-clops would win in a fight between the two, because he does have his incredible sight. Plus he could blast Blade's face off during the sword fight.

Heroic Warrior
    Tri-Klops..