Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best Evil Warrior swordsman?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    It has to go to Blade. He's the deadliest Swordsman. That's his thing. Tri-klops is a close second. In fact, I think they both will compete with each other to prove who's number 1.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

What about Faker? As a robot he would have lightning fast reflexes, unlimited endurance, and the ability to be programmed with every style of skill, all of which are essential to sword wielding excellence.

I'm perfectly fine with thinking Blade is the best swordsman, as per his gimmick, and the opinions of his die hard fan base.

However as per his appearance in the film, he was just a goon who did little more than scare a teenage girl before losing his swords, and the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    However as per his appearance in the film, he was just a goon who did little more than scare a teenage girl before losing his swords, and the fight.
    So Blade was bested by He-Man. Unfortunately that's on every Evil Warrior's resume.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I would say Tri-Klops. In his original mini-comic he easily beat down several heroic warriors (Teela, Ram-Man, Battle Cat..) and He-man with his swordsmanship. His sword skills and vision are what he was originally known for before 200x came along.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I would guess that it's Blade. Evil Master of Swords and all.

Besides that, it's probably Tri-Klops and Skeletor himself, who was skilled enough to fight both He-Man AND Randor at the same time.

Jitsu, I see more of a hand-to-hand fighter than an outright swordmaster. And Ninjor--ninja aren't swordsmen who fight in duels, they kill you when your back is turned.

Mer-Man might be more of a gladitorial style fighter with sword and trident while Faker gets by with He-Man strength. Heck, I wouldn't consider He-Man to be a great swordsman at all. He's basically super strong with an indestructible sword.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 31, 2012 at 07:17am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Tri-Klops wins
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Between his original mini-comic and the 200x-era comics, he was shown to be more than skilled with one.
    Thank you.
    As for being a blind swordsman. I doubt Dare Devil would become better at what he does just because he got his eyesight back. So thinking that he gains skill somehow by getting to see is not something that would enhance his skills I think.

Blade (His whole gimmick)
    Jitsu (Samurai beats Ninja in a sword vs sword fight - but then Ninja don't ever play clean )
    Ninjor (Ninja fight dirty and beats everyone else)
    Tri-klops (did learn how to fight blind, so is an expert)
    for me in that order.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Easily Blade!

Followed by:
    Tri-Klops
    Jitsu
    Ninjor
    Skeletor

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Tri-Klops. In his minicomic he was a legendary bounty hunter who was recruited by Skeletor to defeat He-Man. As has been mentioned, Tri-Klops beat Battle Cat, Ram-Man and Teela before losing to He-Man. He's even close to being Man-At-Arms's equal - see the battle in The Power Of... Point Dread!

Blade's just a Jitsu rip off who appeared much later.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Maybe when Blade is called 'Master of Swords' it could be that he trains Skeletor's forces in swordsmanship?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Tri-Klops. He beat just about everyone in that series 2 minicomic.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I would think Blade--2nd would be Tri-Klops. Is only fair--Blade has, well-just Blades whereas Tri-Klops has blades, and a eye vizor and the Doomseeker.

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Blade's just a Jitsu rip off who appeared much later.
    I really disagree with that mate.

The way I see it is:

Blade - Master of all blade/melee weapons (much like Anthony DeLongis himself)
    Tri-Klops - Master of the broad sword
    Jitsu - Master of the Samurai sword
    Ninjor - Master of all the Ninja weapons and arts.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Although Skeletor's sword may not be his weapon of choice, I believe only He-Man is a better swordsman.

After the Overlord of Evil, I'd say Blade is easily the most skilled swordsman.
    This reflects my take on it also. He-Man and Skeletor stand far above their respective allies. I could believe that over the years Skeletor's sword fighting abilities may have waned as he has come to rely on magic and flunkies, but in his prime both Skeletor and He-Man must surely have been the pre-eminent swordsmen. It just seems to me to give more emphasis to the battle for the two halves of the Power sword with the purple half in Skeletor's hands and silver half with He-Man/Adam.

After Skeletor, I view Blade as the master swordsman, especially excelling in the art of wielding two swords or a combination of sword and dagger (oh I so hope when the 4H design Blade figure they give him detachable knives, not sculpted in knives as per Tri-Klops).

The Evil Master of Martial Arts, Jitsu comes next followed by Tri-Klops - both of which are incredibly proficient.

Next would be Ninjor in my books, but his use of sword is skilled by stealth. He can hold his own in duel if needed, but prefers to leverage advantage of his assassin, ninja skills and mastery of other killing tools.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Triclops is my guy for no other reason than he's my guy. And his sword design is awesome- a bit cooler than Mer-Man's 'corn sword' (although I do love me some Mer-Man too).

Well, lets see... who helped promote sales for the 2013 MOTUC subscription, while brandishing a mighty sword in his hand? OK, maybe that isn't exactly "evil", buy my vote still goes to BLADE!

PS: Thousands of people watched Anthony De Longis' video that helped promote the 2013 MOTUC subscriptions. Mattel; I think it's time to make a Blade action figure!

Last edited by Captain Atkin; December 31, 2012 at 11:30pm.

Tri-Klops is #1 followed by Jitsu
    Looking to buy or trade sealed M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-Packs. I can PM you pictures if you'd like to trade.

There's a girl in the garden.
    What?
    In the garden, there is a girl!

It has to be Blade, that's his thing. If he's not the best at that then he's nothing.

Blade. He's ambidextrous and his name his name is Blade.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I'm hearing the Blade argument but honestly it's Keldor/Skeletor. No brainier....we all agree He-Man holds his own. On top so to speak with the power sword. Skeletor could never be in a battle or come close to defeating He-Man unless his sword skills were on par. So it's Skelly for me then Tri-Klops. Blade...yeah he's o.k. But he has some catching up to do. I don't care if it's "his" thing. It's his only thing & he can't even beat He-Man per 87 movie take...punked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Was Tri-Klops a master swordsman in the comics or something? Because I can't remember from the cartoons nor his bio that he was a great swordsman. (I might be very wrong though) It might just be me imagining that he is more a tech head and uses his blasts more then a sword in the various cartoons.

Tri-Klops was a slick tech-head in the MYP production, but in the original minicomics he was a master swordsman and hunter, a mercenary that Skeletor paid to kill He-Man, and he had a great interest in fulfilling the job for his own enjoyment as well- to kill the most powerful man in the universe would be quite an impressive feat, one he wanted to accomplish, though of course he'd have never accepted such a task without the promise of great riches from Skeletor after he conquers Castle Grayskull.

Dude was honorable too, he had every chance to kill the other heroic warriors in his ambushes, but he merely knocked them out so they wouldn't interfere in his duel with He-Man, and when he saw Skeletor aiming to blast He-Man with a bolt of dark magic, he warns He-Man without hesitation, and He-Man, in turn, protects Tri-Klops from the blast as well. He seemed to respect He-Man, and have He-Man's respect in turn. I like to imagine that Skeletor continued to simply enlist Tri-Klops' services as a mercenary, and that there was no other reason for his working for Skeletor.

This is the reason why the MOTUC Tri-Klops came with a sword, even though he never really used one in the cartoons. Of course, they also came with a version of the MYP recon droid thing...

In any case, please forgive this massive gushing over characters I like and accept that my vote goes to Tri-Klops.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Blade, Tri-Klops a close second.

While I obviously think Skeletor's the most accomplished, I'm surprised Jitsu's mastery of martial arts sword fighting is not getting greater recognition.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Blade, while the others are good, he's great.