Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is the best Evil Warrior swordsman?

Blade for sure. He was one of the figures I vividly remember buying and he was one of my favorites. 2 swords and no depth perception and he's still the best swordsman. What a guy.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Blade of course!

Tri-Klops used a sword, but it wasn't his main weapon/power - just like how Fisto carries a sword.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Based on who all I have seen in action in all the series, comics, and movie I'd have to say Skeletor (MYP) and Tri-Klops (MYP). Blade did not impress me in the movie.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Tri-Klops, hands down...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Tri-Klops

ten characters more required to reply to this thread... wow.
    Odds, Bobs, Hammer and Tongs!

I can't believe none of us have posted a Heroic Warriors version of this thread yet!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I can't believe none of us have posted a Heroic Warriors version of this thread yet!
    I think that's probably because the Heroic Warriors don't really have many swordsmen.
    I mean who would the options be He-Man, Teela, Randor, maybe Fisto? Maybe MAA?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    That's because nobody cares about the boring heroes, Uki-yuki.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I think that's probably because the Heroic Warriors don't really have many swordsmen.
    I mean who would the options be He-Man, Teela, Randor, maybe Fisto? Maybe MAA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    I imagine MAA and Teela would both be well-versed. Oddly enough, I don't and never have seen He-Man himself as a master swordsman; he's never really needed finesse with the Power Sword. Though never shown as using one, something tells me the mystic Zodak is probably pretty handy with one as well. Randor in his prime was probably top-notch, too. Strange, I can't really think of that many other heroic warriors/Masters that were shown as being swordsmen of any high caliber. Vikor maybe? Sir Laser-Lot is probably very competent, but with so little known about him, hard to place. Given he had the sword that started all this, wonder how He-Ro was with a sword.
    ^Agreed on most points. The Heroic swordsman list is very short due to the fact Mattel pushed He-Man as the hero with the sword for most of the MOTU years. I'm thinking the overall breakdown would go something like this:

1. Zodak -is an immortal martial artist. Though we've never seen him use a sword, I'm sure he's best on Eternia in all forms of combat and with all weapons. After he gave his staff to Evil-Lyn and Rattlor (which we're to believe is his best/most powerful weapon) all he did was walk over to his weapons rack and choose another (mace). With this secondary and far less powerful weapon (I doubt all his weapons can rip/seal dimensional fabric) he fought the "most powerful man in the universe" (who of course always wields the most powerful weapon) to a stand still- all the while regarding him as little more than a nuisance.

2. King Grayskull- It's still a mystery where his great power originates being that most modern Eternian Power originates from him. Where ever it comes from, I'm sure it was mostly the reasoning he could fight off droves of Snake Men. I imagine KG used his battle axebefore He-Ro fashioned him his sword. But then he used the sword(s) to ultimately defeat the armies of Hordesman thus putting him high on this list.

3. Green Goddess- much like Zodak, she's an immortal and her only job is combat training. Though her storyline is undeveloped and very much feels shoe-horned, we still have to factor her in this contest.

4. Dekker -if Randor, Duncan, and Malcolm are the best swordsman we can think of for Heroic Warriors, it's safe to say the old master that taught them all is that much better. And much like Zodak- who we've never seen use a sword yet still adept with whatever- Dekker helped fight off a group of Eternia's strongest monsters with a piece of driftwood. I wonder if driftwood mastery is still taught at the royal academy...?

5. Fisto -The man uses two very distinct swords (a regular one and very large one) that I'm sure he was proficient with before his handicap turned superpower.

6. He-Man -Though I've never considered He-Man a master swordsman either, he did beat Blade in the movie. Blade would've really been in trouble if there were any big rocks around. Lol.

7. Teela -she was always practicing her sword or combo. Still too young to be considered high on the list or best in Eternia. She's still too young and brash to be considered for other titles she holds either IMO.

The few not factored in this contest is due to faction (She-Ra- TGR) or lack of sufficient evidence (Sir Laser-Lot, He-Ro) etc.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I forgot about Skeletor, he was a cool swordsman in MYP.

Even though Tri-Klops carries a sword, I have never seen him use it in any media
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I'm going with Tri-Klops

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

Even though Tri-Klops carries a sword, I have never seen him use it in any media

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=305

See also:

MOTU Icons of Evil Tri-Klops.jpg

He's pretty BA.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

Tri-Klops used his sword against He-Man in the MYP Council of Evil episodes. I think that most people who vote for Tri-Klops base their opinion of him as the master swordsman on either the early mini-comics were he used the sword as a kind of Ronin bounty hunter, the 200x comics or those episodes in MYP were he went head-to-head with He-Man. At least, that's what comes to mind for me.

I was always of the opinion as a kind of sword and sorcery society they have in MOTU just about every warrior character, male or female, would be proficient in combat with a sword. Which is the best of the bad guys is tough. To me it's a toss up between Keldor/Skeletor, Tri-Klops and Count Marzo. My reasoning is simple; in MYP those were the only evil characters who faced off against He-Man with a sword telling me not only are they master swordsmen but that they have the confidence in their training and skill to take on the most powerful man in the universe one-one-one, or in the case of Skeletor two-on-one, with He-Man's weapon of choice. It would be like arm-wrestling Superman; you'd have to be strong to compete.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Let's not forget Roboto, who is seen wielding a sword in that vintage poster!

And yes, there are fewer swordsman among the heroes, but it only takes two for a debate.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

Love this thread but I can't and won't say who could take who in a battle of swordsmanship. as in my opinion all three main candidates are very closely matched and on the right day anyone of them could take the other. Due to his recent bio I'd favour Jitsu , I think him and Tri-Klops would have a camaraderie between them.