Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Hybrid View

NYTF 2013 Speculation

Well New York Toy Fair is only 6 weeks away. It seems like forever since we have had any kind of reveal. I am ready to see some new stuff and some final product. I believe there is going to be some sort of additional product revealed, in the way of a sub or something, and I was wondering what others are thinking we may see at the upcoming show. Duke, I am hoping you will chime in with some hints or insight.

I'm hoping for a fan demanded Great Rebellion reveal! Something along the lines of Glimmer, Castaspella, or Queen Angella. Although I would be very happy with Mermista, or Peekablue. A 200X character would be welcome for me, Veena being my top pick!

I'm with u buddy it has been way too long since any new information I hate this big lull and then the one from the SDCC exclusive in April all the way till SDCC. I really hope we see some exciting stuff. Another POP character would be awesome, some sort of Filmation sub would be AMAZING, or a couple of beasts or two or three packs, or a pack of several of the little guys grouped together Kowl, Loo-Kee, Imp, Madame Razz, Gwildor, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, or the Twiggets would blow my mind. Also it would be nice to see our first real Filmation Hero come on Sea Hawk, Lizard Man, Razz, or Huntara.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

I want Two Bad or Mantenna!

You can never have enough bad guys.
    God I hate Stratos.

I hope we get some hints and rumors soon. I enjoy trying to figure it out.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

If there is an additional sub coming I would probably subscribe for my first subscription. Hoping for Filmation POP characters being sneaked like Razz and Broom, Cowl, Loo-Kee, Twiggets, Scorpia, Voltak, Castaspella, Mantenna, Modulok, and Glimmer.

Big expectations I know.

I hope we see some major Filmation and at movie character. My favorites would be Batros, Masque or Shokoti along with Blade. Honestly, with sub numbers being down, I don't see an additional sub as being in the feasible. Although, a preorder Filmation sub would be cool.

I want to see Horde Troopers or Modulok. Would geek out for either.

Otherwise, hope to see Glimmer and Hydron sooner rather than later.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    I want Two Bad or Mantenna!
    I'm with this guy! (not in a relationship, mind you. Just in the opinion that we would both like to have a Two Bad or Mantenna figure.)
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I personally would LOVE to see Two-Bad, Ninjor, Rio Blast, and Horde Troopers.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    My guess:

- Castaspella
    - Lord Dactys
    - First look at Castle Greyskull
    - Horde Troopers 2 pack
    - Blue Hordak and Imp (w/ white crossbow) as part of a series of extra characters for 2013

My wish:

- One more GG (Hydron or Darius)
    - One more Filmation (Lizard Man or Sea Hawk)
    - Hint at Madame Razz and Broom
    - More Multipack (Rock People or Twiggets 3 pack) or a Filmation sub line to help fans get more characters sooner than later
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I'm sure, we'll see, who is the owner of the white crossbow...
    The crossbow could be for a weapons pack.

My fingers are crossed for POP and Filmation reveals. We need more of both in the line.

Castaspella and Glimmer being at the top of my POP list.

Shokoti, Madame Razz, and Scorpia top my Filmation list.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Posted from iOS app

As for Scott "liking" Nepthu, I make this assumption for a few reasons, not the least of which is that he mentioned him. When Scott mentioned a character, it shows up in the line soon after... Unless of course it's a POP character (still waiting for that Peekablue figure to go along with the Optikk that were both mentioned at NYCC in 2009).

So maybe he doesn't "like" him, but then again, maybe he does. Maybe he's one of the characters he was drawn to. Who knows? It doesn't matter.

What does matter is that there are probably many other characters who could be made as cheaply as a Nepthu figure who probably should be given priority (just based on the notion that the line is not going to go on for another five years).

Feedback from the customer base is important. Nepthu wouldn't be horrible. Will he sell? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I would be THRILLED to see Plundor!
    So would I. (runs and hides from thrown tomatoes).

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Making obscure Filmation characters before favorite ones would be the worst choice at the moment...
    This is just, plainly, true. . That's a realistic concern.
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 2, 2013 at 06:09am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Posted from iOS app

I'm gonna throw my desire for a Pludor figure into the ring!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I think obscure & fan favorites go hand in hand, to a degree, 'cause some of the fan faves ARE obscure.
    Does Galactus fart?

I'd rather have to buy a 5-pack of Plundor and the NA Scientists than buy Nepthu.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Plundor would also have to stink!

I have nothing against fans/collectors that want either Nepthu or Plundor, but I personally think either character should be held until the very end. There are many more characters, even obscure ones, that are more requested than these two characters. The ones I see the most are:

Shokoti
    Masque
    Melaktha
    Icer
    Strong Arm
    Batros
    Granita
    Seahawk
    Madame Razz and Broom
    Huntara
    Hunga the Harpy
    General Sunder
    Scorpia
    Vultak
    Dylamug
    Admiral Scurvy
    Chef Allen
    Evilseed
    Kothos
    General Tataran
    Uncle Montork
    Dree-Elle
    Delora/Hawk
    Lizard Man
    Kittrina
    Negator
    Enchantress
    King Miro

If it were up to me, I would do the following...

Stonedar/Granita/Rokkon 3-pack as the SDCC exclusive. You get two vintage figures PLUS a requested Filmation character. And the 4H have said many times they love sculpting the beast/monster women of MOTU/PoP.

Have one more Filmation character in the regular 2013 sub, like Batros.

Have a 6 figure Filmation add-on sub, with a mix of demanded figures: Seahawk, Shokoti, Dylamug, Icer, Evilseed, Kothos

Have a secondary SDCC exclusive of Chef Allen, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Filmation series. He can even come in packaging shaped like a slice of Eternian birthday cake.

Then offer 1 or 2 non-sub multi-packs: like Melaktha/Masque or Crita/Darius/Mara

Make characters like Plundor and Nepthu an additional Con exclusive, or even an exclusive figure offered through sites like Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth. The DCUC vs MOTUC set that was offered 2 years ago (with Battle Armor Faker) is going for a ton of money on Ebay now.

I would hope they get to Plundor BEFORE Chef Allen!!! As for SDCC exclusive....I tho.k people would revolt if either was the case over someone like Madame Razz!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I have nothing against fans/collectors that want either Nepthu or Plundor, but I personally think either character should be held until the very end. There are many more characters, even obscure ones, that are more requested than these two characters. The ones I see the most are:

Shokoti
    Masque
    Melaktha
    Icer
    Strong Arm
    Batros
    Granita
    Seahawk
    Madame Razz and Broom
    Huntara
    Hunga the Harpy
    General Sunder
    Scorpia
    Vultak
    Dylamug
    Admiral Scurvy
    Chef Allen
    Evilseed
    Kothos
    General Tataran
    Uncle Montork
    Dree-Elle
    Delora/Hawk
    Lizard Man
    Kittrina
    Negator
    Enchantress
    King Miro

Stonedar/Granita/Rokkon 3-pack as the SDCC exclusive. You get two vintage figures PLUS a requested Filmation character. And the 4H have said many times they love sculpting the beast/monster women of MOTU/PoP.

Have a 6 figure Filmation add-on sub, with a mix of demanded figures: Seahawk, Shokoti, Dylamug, Icer, Evilseed, Kothos

Have a secondary SDCC exclusive of Chef Allen, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Filmation series. He can even come in packaging shaped like a slice of Eternian birthday cake.

Then offer 1 or 2 non-sub multi-packs: like Melaktha/Masque or Crita/Darius/Mara

Make characters like Plundor and Nepthu an additional Con exclusive, or even an exclusive figure offered through sites like Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth. The DCUC vs MOTUC set that was offered 2 years ago (with Battle Armor Faker) is going for a ton of money on Ebay now.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar

That would be pretty cool, though I believe that some characters (like Masque and Shokoti) would make more sense if packed together...

By the way, and even though I'd love to have a Rock People 3 pack sooner than later, I doubt they'd release two vintage characters in an SDCC Exclusive multipack... Many fans would complain if these characters were released out of the sub... Maybe they should release less wanted characters (Twiggets or Trollan multipacks) for SDCC...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Shokoti
    Masque
    Melaktha
    Icer
    Strong Arm
    Batros
    Granita
    Seahawk
    Madame Razz and Broom
    Huntara
    Hunga the Harpy
    General Sunder
    Scorpia
    Vultak
    Dylamug
    Admiral Scurvy
    Chef Allen
    Evilseed
    Kothos
    General Tataran
    Uncle Montork
    Dree-Elle
    Delora/Hawk
    Lizard Man
    Kittrina
    Negator
    Enchantress
    King Miro
    If we got everyone of these figures on this list, then I would be a very happy man. I dont know all of them, but a lot you mentioned are very popular, I would add Plundar, Songster, Imp, Kowl, and Lookee and then I would be a very, very happy man.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I'd rather have to buy a 5-pack of Plundor and the NA Scientists than buy Nepthu.

"Say 'NO' to Nepthu,
    say 'YES' to a whole lot more!"

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

One fan can make any character "fan demanded". I think that term is used way too loosely to justify a lot of figures that don't really have a broad appeal across the fan community.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Yes^ and I don't even know who the NA scientists are.