Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I don't think they will give up much... I'll go with Mantenna and Sea Hawk... and MAYBE NA Skeletor along with a Battle Ram pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I don't think they will give up much... I'll go with Mantenna and Sea Hawk... and MAYBE NA Skeletor along with a Battle Ram pre-order.
    WOW! Your asking for alot that isn't going to happen this NYTF. It was stated in the recent Q&A from Mattel that vehicles are out (at least for now). There is not a slot where NA Skeletor could be released in this year as that would be a variant, and there is only one variant slot for 2013 and that has been taken.

The remaining $50 item is an army builder pack, that has been confirmed by ToyGuru. Therefore, it cannot be Stridor, etc. A lot of us are hoping for Horde Troopers, but that is still to be determined.

It was also stated by ToyGuru that the 3-pack of the Fighting Foe Men was the last planned 3pack. Therefore, I doubt we will see a Two-Bad, Badra, Tuvar 3-pack.

Having said all that, I bet we see Spinnerella, King Miro or Evil Seed, and the reveal of the Horde Troopers, plus some extra goodies.
    Last edited by csc0709; December 31, 2012 at 08:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    WOW! Your asking for alot that isn't going to happen this NYTF. It was stated in the recent Q&A from Mattel that vehicles are out (at least for now). There is not a slot where NA Skeletor could be released in this year as that would be a variant, and there is only one variant slot for 2013 and that has been.
    NA Skeletor could be a regular monthly figure yet to be revealed. I don't think that there is a rule saying it couldn't be.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    They aren't going to put characters like Two-Bad (and Modulok, for that matter) in multi-packs. They will sell far too well on their own and would lose sales if tied into an expensive sku. Tuvar and Badra as a 2-pack maybe, but not with Two-Bad included.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I think NYTF 2013 will show us the August and September figures, which I think will be Castaspella (final PoP gal in 2013) and Mantenna (white crossbow). The October, November, and December figures will be saved for SDCC.
    I think we may very well see the rest of 2013 at the Toy Fair this year (didnt TG say we would at least see as many figures as last years fair and that was at least 4-5 right? ). I think SDCC 2013 is going to show us like the first 4-6 months of the 2014 sub to tantalize people to buy (due to the not so strong response to the 2013 sub), especially if they're all (or mostly ) heavy hitters. I'm hoping 2014 has at least 12 figures--really is the only way were going to get most or everyone by 2015--6 figures (or less) won't cut it

Heroic Warrior
    I can probably see Greyskull though I know that would be iffy if they have a better prototype done.

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by dr thunder View Post
    Rio Blast or we riot.
    1. This.

2. Please Matty, take my money for a presale Filmation sub. I said take it!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I think we may very well see the rest of 2013 at the Toy Fair this year (didnt TG say we would at least see as many figures as last years fair and that was at least 4-5 right? ). I think SDCC 2013 is going to show us like the first 4-6 months of the 2014 sub to tantalize people to buy (due to the not so strong response to the 2013 sub), especially if they're all (or mostly ) heavy hitters. I'm hoping 2014 has at least 12 figures--really is the only way were going to get most or everyone by 2015--6 figures (or less) won't cut it
    One of the Horsemen stated a month or so ago they had something like 10-12 ready on their part, and while TG always says they show everything they have ready, I'm not sure it'll be the case this time around.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

I thought i read in one of the december ask matty's that toy guru states they have not gotten to horde troopers yet so those discussions simply have not taken place.

they've already announced 3 of the 4 variants/deluxe/etc. for the year, so i'm guessing the final will be a comic-con reveal (Tuvar&Baddrah)

Keeping high hopes: Evilseed and Saurod for NYTF

Well...

I'm going to bet we see a bunch of Filmation characters.

I bet we see some very much wanted ones and maybe a couple that NO ONE has asked for.

Scott likes Nepthu. Based on that, and my general intuition . I bet we see that character.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Whats a Nepthu? I'm a Filmation fan, but I got nothin. Off to look he/she/it up.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Whats a Nepthu? I'm a Filmation fan, but I got nothin. Off to look he/she/it up.
    Watch the He-Man episode "Temple of the Sun" and you'll get your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Just looked him up. Hope they don't make him. Just a very boring, bland design.

I'll be happy if I see one of any of these...

Vintage characters: Eldor, Ninjor, Modulok, Blade, Gwildor, Mantenna, Horde Troopers

PoP characters: Castaspella, Glimmer, Angela, Mermista, Sweet Bee

NA: Hydron, Brakk, Quakke, Mara, Darius, Critta

200x: Veena, Prahvus, Lord Dactys, Illumina and Sleetah (hey, keep hope alive!), Horde Wraiths, Bone Warriors

Filmation: Scorpia, Shokoti, Masque, Lizard Man, Strong Arm, Batros, Seahawk

I figure that's a wide enough net, if one of these is not shown then I gotta get luckier at SDCC at least...right?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well...

I bet we see some very much wanted ones and maybe a couple that NO ONE has asked for.

Scott likes Nepthu. Based on that, and my general intuition . I bet we see that character.
    Nepthu?! Eh, well, he's cooler looking to me than Danavas or Plundor. Does Scott like Queen Elmora? Because that's an obscure Filmation character no one is asking for that I'd be glad to finally get (she was in like the second episode I ever saw of Filmation so she's my Batros/Icer/one-shot-wonder of choice).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Hmmm just looked him up. Not a fan, and I want Inspector Darkney, so that says alot. But in my constant struggle to stay positive, he may bring us the sand demons/rock creatures. He could be a cool design, but I dunno where I put him.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Nepthu is God AWFUL! There is no need to ever see this figure in 2013-14 with the amount of characters left to get to, including or excluding Filmation.

As for reveals, TG said that it would be the same amount that was shown for the regular line last year, so don't count the 30th reveals.

The $50 was hinted at as being 'fan demanded' and army builder. So that leads people to believe it's Horde Troopers, but ya never know $50 is way too much for Stridor, unless he's just that awesome. And it's too cheap for Stridor and Nightstalker together.

I am hoping the surprise is out of sub 2-3 packs or a second sub, only so we can get to more of the figures we have left.

Nepthu? Really?? Ha!

My wishes (rather than guesses) are:

1. Castle Grayskull spacesuit figure (just in time to place inside the awesome Castle we'll get in 2013)
    2. Queen Angella (POP)
    3. Kothos ('fan demanded' Filmation)
    4. Eldor
    5. Robot Knights army builders (save the Horde Troopers for 2014)
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Well...

Eghads, what a HORRID choice! Why would they think Nepthu is a good idea?!

Frankly, I'm not even thrilled with the concept of a ton of Filmation characters, as there are still some vintage and POP that we need to get to.
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; December 31, 2012 at 10:22pm.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Wow, now I feel I gotta defend Nepthu! He's not in my top 10 choices, but as an Egyptian Pharoah style bad guy sorcerer, he's not in the bottom 50 either. That more people have mentioned Plundor to me is an actual reason to not always listen to what more people mention. Just my opinion though.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Mantenna would be AMAZING or Scropia!!

I am always happy to see more Horde!!!

I would fall over if we saw Mermista, Peekablue, or Sweet-Bee BUT I have a feeling its gonna be Glimmer or Castaspella.

We have 2 NA good guys & 3 NA bad guys I bet the NA will be a good guy.

- - - Updated - - -

If its another sub I am going to be annoyed. Id rather just have ONE with more figures and LESS shipping (i.e. as they were not ordered on the same day they cannot be combined). OR they do more "out-of-sub" items (which means, because of Early Access, the Sub. holders will already have a chance to order first)...but even at that its just more shipping..

All I want to see is

1. Two-Badd
    2. Icer
    3. Battleground King Hssss
    4. Evilseed
    5. Tung Lashor

If I'm lucky, Mantenna or Calix
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    LOL! If you thought that fans didn't like the Egyptian designs of 200X Sorceress and 200X King Hsss, imagine the hate that this guy will get. Egyptian wizard characters are a common fantasy trope nowadays, but people still associate MOTU with mideval Europe.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    LOL! If you thought that fans didn't like the Egyptian designs of 200X Sorceress and 200X King Hsss, imagine the hate that this guy will get. Egyptian wizard characters are a common fantasy trope nowadays, but people still associate MOTU with mideval Europe.
    The thing is, I like his design. I just don't care for the character.

Why not Kothos? He was in two really great episodes, and he's a character with a past conflict with Evil-Lyn. He's powerful, he would add diversity, etc.

I just think Nepthu is not a strong choice because there are SO MANY other more fan-demanded characters.

I mean he only got three votes in the org poll of most wanted Filmation characters.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I dont expect a Filamtion sub to be revealed... but I would SOOOOOoooooo love it if they did announce even a 6 figure mini sub of filmation or fan demanded figures.
    I would sign up for a filmation sub in a HEARTBEAT!

As for other reveals, I dont expect Horde Troopers as they shot that down as not even being in works at the moment. So I personally hope to see either New Adventures Mutant Troopers or Filamtion Skeletor Hover Robot Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I hope for:

Two Bad
    Mantenna
    Horde Trooper
    Tung Lashor
    This^, and I'll add Skeletor's Skeleton Soldiers, and/or Robots.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.