Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    It's 36 days until the NYTF reveals. I am wondering if the 2013 subscribers will receive any email sneak peaks before then? I hope so. Speaking of hoping...I posted about what I think will be shown, not I'll post what I HOPE will be shown...
    You know, I do the exact same thing any time these threads pop up. It's never who I really really want, it's what I'm guessing might be in the works by putting on my guessing cap, getting into the headspace of the folks who make all these decisions. So, if you're asking who I would LOVE to see revealed... that's this post here:

Monthly
    AUGUST - Double Trouble
    SEPTEMBER - Rokkon

Non-Sub Items:
    Weapons Pak 4 (at the very least, featuring Strobo's gun, a newly-tooled spear for Netossa, Netossa's face mask, a newly-tooled ice blast attachment for Frosta's hand, a shooting star-themed weapon of some sort for Starla, a laser blaster for Tallstar, and a crystal shield that would snap on to the front of Jewelstar's hand to hold in front of her for blocking things, and repaints of the Snake Men army builder weapons and armor)

Castle Grayskull prototype

Filmation Outside-The-Sub bi-monthly Two-Packs:

Scorpia & Imp
    Shokoti & Lord Masque
    Batros & Negator
    Icer & Strongarm
    Sea Hawk & Huntara
    Madame Razz & Broom

News of an animated series to debut in the fall

Heroic Warrior
    With the cometh of KHM, another Son of He-Man item will probably come out before the end of the year. Good call DC_Warlord. Sadly, no one mentioned it due to little interest. Some of that may change when/if a good looking figure is shown.

I'm predicting a Despara figure by the end of the year even if not shown at NYTF. Her whole design was purposed for a future figure IMO.

Thanks for the call out, SOLDIER!

First, not to embarrass you KING TAMUSK, but if everybody in the world that disagreed with another person's view point was as respectful, reasonable, and well thought out as you just were, nobody would ever have cause to fight! Thank you. ( And I don't mean to diss anybody else, either )

Second, I totally get what a lot of you guys are saying about SOH. Heck, I was just as surprised when I heard that it was going to be folded into the line. I thought to myself "Why bring another faction in if the line isn't performing completely up to par?"

That said, I do like a couple of the SOH designs. Not all of them, but I really don't see MATTEL doing a lot of them. AIR BAG would need an entirely new buck. RAM MAN probably would not happen. MERMAN is a little iffy. But some of them could happen, and I would buy them.

But I admit, I pay no attention at all to bios. I just buy the figures that I think look cool, and I make up my own canon. That's why a weird faction is ok with me. Just my opinion.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Warrior
    But, If we donīt want this line to end, like ever... why donīt we just buy EVERY figure? I really enjoy buying them ALL!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LANTERN-RO View Post
    But, If we donīt want this line to end, like ever... why donīt we just buy EVERY figure? I really enjoy buying them ALL!!
    Because not everyone wants everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Chef Allen? An anniversary exclusive?

You must be kidding me? He is a cook! I donīt need a cook as a MOTUC action figure. Give me Lizard-Man, Dree-Elle, Icer, Skeletors Hover-Robots or Imp but not a annoying chef.

Lord Dactys should come with Ceratus. They where both introduced as former allies in MYPs Underworld.

And Glimmer has to come alone! She deserves to be a single carded figure(as does everyone). If someone could have been paired it should have been Netossa and Spinnerella.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - Big Lebowski

1) if you don't need Chef Allen, don't buy him. Lots of people do want him though, so don't knock it. Plus, wouldn't he be better offered as a convention exclusive rather than part of the sub? Think about it.
    2) Lord Dactys could come with Ceratus, but the Kulatak Elder would make sense too, since both are members of King Randor's Council. Plus, in terms of variety, we already have Whiplash, a Caligar, but we don't have any Kulataks.
    3) Sure, I'd like everyone to be single carded too. But, the reality is there are over 55 vintage figures (including core variants) remaining to get made. That's at least 4 more years of monthly figures, strictly vintage. They have to do multi-packs if they want to get more out before the line ends. It's just a reality check. That being said, the mother/daughter combo of Angella and Glimmer works just fine. Heck, if they threw in Double Trouble it would make a good 3-pack, since she is Glimmer's cousin. Even the vintage lines offered multi-packs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    First, not to embarrass you KING TAMUSK, but if everybody in the world that disagreed with another person's view point was as respectful, reasonable, and well thought out as you just were, nobody would ever have cause to fight! Thank you. ( And I don't mean to diss anybody else, either )
    No problem, DC_WARLORD. I appreciate the comment. And I agree with you. New characters are not a bad thing, just look at Draego-man. An excellent example of how something new can be great, when done well. However, now isn't the right time for it. There are WAY too many characters that already exist that are requested and should be made first, before introducing something new. Every sku counts now, so I believe it should go to existing media/characters - whether that be the likes of Two-Bad, Lodar, Perfuma, Lizard Man, Goat Man, Crita, Songster, or Prahvus. So many existing characters in all the mediums. Let's focus on them first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well...

I'm going to bet we see a bunch of Filmation characters.

I bet we see some very much wanted ones and maybe a couple that NO ONE has asked for.

Scott likes Nepthu. Based on that, and my general intuition . I bet we see that character.
    In regards to the possibility of Nepthu, eh......How about KING TAMUSK instead?

C'mon everybody! Lets get KING TAMUSK!!!!!
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 5, 2013 at 09:05pm.

Personally, I would love KING TAMUSK! He would just need new forearms, a headsculpt, and possibly a new cape. If the line lasts, he seems entirely possible to me. Speaking of him, do you or does anybody have a full body pic of him? I saw one someplace on this board a couple of days ago, but I can't find it now.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 5, 2013 at 11:11pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Hoping we get a filmation Hordak with that white crossbow..!
    yeah that...gotta be, right

We should see the rest of 2013 correct? We only need 4 more reveals I believe. I Just hope we see some Son of He-Man stuff or something really nice from 200X. The $50 item is what I'm the most anxious to see, I'm hoping for the Horde Troopers but a beast would be an excellent surprise as well.

Personally, I would love KING TAMUSK! He would just need new forearms, a headsculpt, and possibly a new cape. If the line lasts, he seems entirely possible to me. Speaking of him, do you or does anybody have a full body pic of him? I saw one someplace on this board a couple of days ago, but I can't find it now.
    King Tamusk posted a thread in the Polls section showing a full body image pic of....well, his namesake .

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    We should see the rest of 2013 correct? We only need 4 more reveals I believe. I Just hope we see some Son of He-Man stuff or something really nice from 200X. The $50 item is what I'm the most anxious to see, I'm hoping for the Horde Troopers but a beast would be an excellent surprise as well.
    Well, Scott said we would see as much as we did last time, and in 2012 we only saw up until the September monthly figures. That would mean at least two figures. The last quarterly slot will probably be shown at SDCC along with October, November (Geldor), and December.

BUT, we are supposed to finally find out what the "extra surprises" are at NYTF. So, those may be more figures, more beasts, more weapons, etc? No one knows for sure. But in a month we will.

- - - Updated - - -

blog_king_tamusks_design.jpg

Out of the typical 20 pieces that make up a MOTUC figure, King Tamusk would only need 4 new pieces; 2 forearms, a new groin piece w/ belt, and a new head. His accessories are his cape and his magic club. Now, that is a pretty awesome character and very simple to make.

And, if they ever wanted to get a little more bang for their buck, they could redeco him and make King Barbo.

blog_king_barbos_design.jpg

I agree with what most of you are saying - the last thing MOTUC needs right now are figures of brand new characters when there are literally hundreds of already existing ones left that Mattel can pick from. This is especially true in the wake of such uninspired figures like Spector and Sir Laser Lot.

I too would like a King Tamusk figure!!

Yeah, he'd be a good mix-it-up character for a 6 figure Filmation Add-On sub.

Icer
    Madame Razz w/ Broom
    Shokoti
    Seahawk
    Kothos
    King Tamusk

4 A-list, 1 B-list, and 1 C-list character stands for a nice variety. Then continue it in 2014...

Scorpia
    Batros
    Kittrina
    Evilseed
    General Tataran
    Melog

And again in 2015...

Uncle Montork/Dree-Elle
    Dylamug
    Strong Arm
    Huntara
    Delora (Hawke)
    False Face

Still a lot of characters left to get to, but you get the idea.

Lizard Man
    Vultak
    Masque
    Admiral Scurvy
    Negator
    Plundor

Etc., etc., etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, he'd be a good mix-it-up character for a 6 figure Filmation Add-On sub.

Icer
    Madame Razz w/ Broom
    Shokoti
    Seahawk
    Kothos
    King Tamusk

4 A-list, 1 B-list, and 1 C-list character stands for a nice variety. Then continue it in 2014...

Scorpia
    Batros
    Kittrina
    Evilseed
    General Tataran
    Melog

And again in 2015...

Uncle Montork/Dree-Elle
    Dylamug
    Strong Arm
    Huntara
    Delora (Hawke)
    False Face

Still a lot of characters left to get to, but you get the idea.

Lizard Man
    Vultak
    Masque
    Admiral Scurvy
    Negator
    Plundor

Etc., etc., etc...

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I want to see progress on the figures already revealed in addition to Horde Troopers, Two Bad, Rio Blast, Glimmer and I definitely want a Filmation heavier emphasis... Definitely would buy several Filmation subs!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

As stated before, they revealed 2 monthly figs, up to Sept, the SM army builder and 1 30th Ann figure at the NYTF 2012. So 4 reveals. If they show us the army builder pack and August and Sept figures, that would leave just one more reveal. But, if there is going to be this speculated new mini sub or add-ons, then I would expect at least 2 of the figures from this supposed line to be revealed. Then there is of course CG. So I am hoping for 4-5 figures to be revealed.

Heroic Warrior
    I bet, that we won`t see the 4th quarterly item at NYTF. I think, we`ll see it at SDCC...

I'm crossing my fingers for Rio Blast and Blade. Everyone else is just icing on a ridiculously large cake that I enjoy. Oh and Batros.
    Posted from iOS app

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Chef Allen is without a doubt one of the silliest figures that they could do.

As a result, I would totally get him! Would be hilarious when showing off the display!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

If they did a Chef Allen at SDCC with a cake or something, which they should have done this year for the 30th Ann, then I would be okay with that. If he were in the regular line he would be taking a sku away from, IMO, a more deserving character...like Songster! I totally want Songster before this line ends. We need our Bard! This is a sword and sorcery type of story and we need the travelling story teller going from village to village to spread the word of the He-Man and that is Songster!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    If they did a Chef Allen at SDCC with a cake or something, which they should have done this year for the 30th Ann, then I would be okay with that. If he were in the regular line he would be taking a sku away from, IMO, a more deserving character...like Songster! I totally want Songster before this line ends. We need our Bard! This is a sword and sorcery type of story and we need the travelling story teller going from village to village to spread the word of the He-Man and that is Songster!
    100% agree. I really don't want a Chef Allen honestly but I really really want a Songster

Becoming distinctly Filmation-esque here LoL...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm sure we will - my guess goes to Calix, but I'd prefer to see the Troopers, Horde-wise.
    Calix would be awesome, definitely one of my most wanted 200X figures! But i get the feeling that if he came before, let's say Mantenna, there might be some unhappy campers! LoL.

Another feeling i get is ~ Horde Troopers might be like shades of January 2010 (Adora) in terms of possibly selling out quick (and other things LoL). Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Most people are guessing it will be revealed at NYTF, because anytime they throw in a "sneak peak" item the figure is revealed at the very next show; the serpent ring, Snake Face's shield, Clamp Champ's clamp weapon, etc.

I think it's part of a new weapons pak. While others think it belongs to Mantenna or Calix. I doubt it is for the Horde Troopers though.
    I hope it is revealed at NYTF, it's kinda doing my head in LoL. But was the Cross Bow revealed before Clamp Champs weapon? Can't entirely recall... Don't know about a Weapons Pak, i'm kinda 'weaponed-out' so to speak LoL. Also, i think the current WP hasn't sold out yet possibly indicating to Mattel bean counters that it hasn't done well enough to warrant another WP. Still, never say never! Personally i'd love to see something different ~ like Skeletor's bone-throne instead!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

As stated before, they revealed 2 monthly figs, up to Sept, the SM army builder and 1 30th Ann figure at the NYTF 2012. So 4 reveals. If they show us the army builder pack and August and Sept figures, that would leave just one more reveal. But, if there is going to be this speculated new mini sub or add-ons, then I would expect at least 2 of the figures from this supposed line to be revealed. Then there is of course CG. So I am hoping for 4-5 figures to be revealed.
    The Snake Men Army builder was the 3rd Quarter item, and they have anlready showed us the 3rd quarter item for 2013; New Adventures He-Man. So I doubt they will show us the last quarterly item of 2013 before SDCC.

Otherwise, I am guessing the rest of you theory is correct. Roughly 4 figures, hopefully more.

- - - Updated - - -

They can still have Chef Allen celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Filmation cartoon series.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Also wern't we were promised early Castle Grayskull visuals at TF?

I was also wondering about the poster gift, likely to be shown at SDCC, therefore printed beforehand, if it includes all figures for 2013 this could potentialy cause leaks (earler and more than usual) so could TG just show us the lot next month and leave SDCC for a full CG unveiling + 2014.

Of course that means all will be quiet from Feb - Aug, so maybe just hold back on Geldor and December, and show them by e-mail Apr/June?
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

[/QUOTE]They can still have Chef Allen celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Filmation cartoon series. [/QUOTE]

Good point, I hadnt thought of that. I may require a new buck or at least a padded overcoat to make him..puffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Chef Allen is without a doubt one of the silliest figures that they could do.

As a result, I would totally get him! Would be hilarious when showing off the display!
    I really hope they don't make this figure--would be a total waste of a slot--esp considering the line is slowing down. I would take King Tamusk anyday over Chef Allen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm sure we will - my guess goes to Calix, but I'd prefer to see the Troopers, Horde-wise.
    The Ram-Man buck would totally work for Calix

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    About He-Ro, son of He-Man :

This new faction seems to have plenty of potential. Unfortunately, concentrated into the hands of Toyguru and the Mattel design team, it's a recipe for disaster. I won't shoot down in flames the whole concept yet, though : the 30th anniversary thing was not stellar, sure, but we still got Draego-Man. All I know is that I probably won't collect the new He-Ro son of He-Man faction (unless all the figures are wonderful, but I'd say chances aren't very high).

Releasing a He-Ro, son of He-Man faction at this point might backfire and cause the demise of the line altogether : there is a HUGE demand for SOME figures and characters (vintage MOTU, POP and Filmation, mainly). THESE characters deserve to be made as soon as possible. Let me remind you that's what TG promised that 2014 (IF there's ever a MOTUC line in 2014, that is) would be loaded with fan-demanded figures, and would help complete the vintage rosters... So, in my opinion, coming with a new, non-requested faction (He-Ro, son of He-Man) would be totally unwise, and unwelcome to say the least.
    Kinda agree--kinda don't If we saw figures A list like Dare, etc... it may be a boost, but if we get strange, obscure characters--that may cause problems

- - - Updated - - -