Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I doubt it, but wouldn't be suprised by it. I too want a Despara. The only thing I know for sure is alot of stuff is coming down the pipeline. bcrduke made a post awhile back, that basically said the 2nd half of '13 was going to be expensive & to start saving our pennies. Even before I joined the org I took Brian's word as gold. So I may not know what it is until he chimes in, or explains those colors in his sig, but I know it's enough for him to say start saving a month or so ago. Awesome.
    I respect Brian a lot and love his hints. I wish he would just PM me with the true low down, because I dont like the guessing, but he holds his cards close and I would not ask. I hope that we see lots of quality product in the near future, not necessarily because I am all doom and gloom, but I would rather get it now and get it over with, so I have less to regret when the line does end. Whenever that may be. I am one of those that will stick with the line until the end. I do not like going with holes in my collection. I am looking at you Bronze King Grayskull! I could easily compile a list of 75-100 more figures that I would not mind having and buying for my collection.

I think I've said about 83 times before that I would love to see Plundor, Filmation Hordak and Filmation Evilseed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    ...I’m really starting to think that the “surprise” to be unveiled at NYTF that’s supposed to get “fan demanded figures out faster” is a Filmation sub...
    After all the 2013 sub doom 'n' gloom, I would and have shot this 'Filmation sub' down as impossible. But after Castle Grayskull, I think anything is possible.

Truly hope it's not Plundor yet. I hope his fans get him, but right now I really want Shokoti, Masque, Scorpia, Lizard Man, Strong Arm, and Batros at least before skpping over so many more-demanded character to make a campy pink bunny man.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I think I've said about 83 times before that I would love to see Plundor, Filmation Hordak and Filmation Evilseed.
    Me too.....All the above sooner than later please!

The thought of the artichoke head Evilseed made me smile. This is a character where they need to do either the Filmation or the 200X version, I dont believe they could make both as one figure and really make it work. Kinda like Count Marzo, IMO. Love to see the Filmation version. My love extends from Filmation first and foremost.

...ugh.. [facepalm]..... lol... noooooo..... NO!!! DEAR GOD NO!!!

.... no crackers the dang clown.... an no dang bugsbunny on steroids in classics PLEASE!!!!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Truly hope it's not Plundor yet. I hope his fans get him, but right now I really want Shokoti, Masque, Scorpia, Lizard Man, Strong Arm, and Batros at least before skpping over so many more-demanded character to make a campy pink bunny man.
    Plundor would be...interesting. More so than Nepthu anyway. But you're right, it's way too soon for him. If we need a comedy character, I'd prefer Perfuma. At least she has a connection to the vintage line.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    So now that Despara is going to be in the new MOTU DC comic series, I think we really need to see her as an action figure. Do you all think that Matty had any foreknowledge of this comic series and maybe that is the surprise are figures based upon the comic book? I doubt it based upon TG comment on the Filmation list, but I wouldnt mind at least Despara as a figure.
    I think she will be the sub-exclusive next year.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Whoever thinks Nepthu wouldn't be a good enough figure greatly underestimates the Four Horsemen's greatness with Egyptian style characters imo.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Whoever thinks Nepthu wouldn't be a good enough figure greatly underestimates the Four Horsemen's greatness with Egyptian style characters imo.
    Totally agreed. With a little trimming/deco added, I can totally see him as being one of the best figures in the line. But no matter how good he is, some will still claim how "boring" he is while clamoring for an old scientist or the royal archeologist. i

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I would be all over that! Awesome idea, and awesome idea as a sub exclusive. It's not an integral character, but it's a neat bonus for those who sub, which is the whole point. She must come with 2 heads, as well!

You know, they could hold back the final two-pack (4the quarter Sub bonus item) for sdcc. There's no reason to show it if they have a lot of other stuff to show at NYTF.

I don't remember. Procrustus wasn't revealed at NYTF, was he?

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Duke duke duke! Will we see plundar
    I think he's be a fun inclusion. But who knows how many of these fan demanded character extras they will reveal?

You know, you're right. I'm sure if the 4H sculpt a Nepthu figure, we will actually like it.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The factions have been evenly represented so far in 2013. I think we'll see another Galactic Protector, maybe Hydron, and another POP towards the end of the year, hopefully Glimmer or Angella. Then another vintage baddie would round things off nicely, maybe Ninjor or Dragstor.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    The factions have been evenly represented so far in 2013. I think we'll see another Galactic Protector, maybe Hydron, and another POP towards the end of the year, hopefully Glimmer or Angella. Then another vintage baddie would round things off nicely, maybe Ninjor or Dragstor.
    I know, it's kind of a shame. 2013 seems to be the most well-balanced year of the entire line- like they're just finally figuring it out- only to have it in 2014 go directly to fan-demanded vintage and cartoon ONLY. Le sigh...
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

This I agree on. I'm not against him being made. I just think there are other characters that should probably come out first. Even an archaeologist, Cold Soldier. Melaktha was in 6 episodes of the Filmation cartoon. That's more than some of the heroes. And I think that gives him as much right to be a figure, if not more than Nepthu. Don't underestimate the Four Horsemen's greatness with scholarly characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    You know, they could hold back the final two-pack (4the quarter Sub bonus item) for sdcc. There's no reason to show it if they have a lot of other stuff to show at NYTF.

I don't remember. Procrustus wasn't revealed at NYTF, was he?
    Procrustus was revealed at SDCC, along with all the releases in October, November, and December.

Per TG in a recent post, there will be 2-4 figures revealed, this certainly does not appear to be any new sub surprise. I would guess at least 2 figures if there was a new sub. I guess we'l have to wait and see.

The thought of the artichoke head Evilseed made me smile. This is a character where they need to do either the Filmation or the 200X version, I dont believe they could make both as one figure and really make it work. Kinda like Count Marzo, IMO. Love to see the Filmation version. My love extends from Filmation first and foremost.
    He could have a removable cloak, and two heads. I think it could and should be done. I for one don't care a bit for the Filamentation version, but I love the 200x version.

Per TG in a recent post, there will be 2-4 figures revealed, this certainly does not appear to be any new sub surprise. I would guess at least 2 figures if there was a new sub. I guess we'l have to wait and see.
    Maybe he wasn't including the "surprise"?

I hope not! I am in the camp that more now is better than possibly more later.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I was thinking this same thing, too. She fits into different factions, such as female and Horde. The other Horde females (Shadow Weaver, Octavia, and Catra) seem to go over well. I also consider her similar to Wun-Dar and King He-Man. She is related to the mythos, but is not a necessary character in the mythos. For those that get the sub, she'll be cool, but for those that pass on the sub, they may not feel left out.

I hope not! I am in the camp that more now is better than possibly more later.
    I'm with you on this. With the negative reaction to the handling cost increase, I feel we may not get a next year. I Hope I'm wrong but time will tell.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    2-4 "sculpted" figures or 2-4 "slideshow images of" figures ????

if it was some sort of sub, they could also just show us the first 2, then tell us how many more there will be, like they did with the 30th
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    And maybe the 2–4 figures aren't exclusively monthly Club Eternia figures but something else.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if we will see another Son of He-Man character maybe Tufos