Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    You know, you're right. I'm sure if the 4H sculpt a Nepthu figure, we will actually like it.
    There's a difference between liking a character and being willing to pay $30+ for said character though. You would have to find 4-5,000 people that are also willing to pay that price for the character. I mean no disrespect to fans of Nepthu, Plundar, Songster, Crackers the Clown, etc. but I think it would be a mistake for Mattel to make those figures in the line now. I don't think there's enough people willing to pay current prices for those obscure characters and I really hope Mattel sticks to their word of getting to the most popular/demanded figures in 2014 and beyond. The line needs to head in that direction to have any chance of surviving IMO.

As far as what we will see at NY Toy Fair, I think Scott is being conservative in case they don't have all the figures ready in time. There may only be 3-4 new figures considering there are only 6 spots left for the 2013 sub (Aug-Dec and 2-pack) and we already know one of those is Geldor. Of course whatever the new announcement is should add some spots for more figures in 2013.
    Last edited by Zodach; January 16, 2013 at 03:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    I wonder if we will see another Son of He-Man character maybe Tufos

I really hope not! I want to see many of the characters that are already out there and loved by many. I do not want to see another completely new concept like this. Too many Filmation, POP, NA, 200X, mini comic, etc characters we need to get to and so precious little time.

I would love to see more son of heman.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I would love to see more son of heman.
    As would I. Sure there are a load of old characters I want too, but I want to see brand new characters as well. Truthfully, the main vintage figures save a few are done or coming soon. IMO not all of the GG or GR are necessary for THIS line because the bios were written in a way that makes it seem like only some them are part of THIS story. I'm not saying we shouldn't get more POP our NA but we don't need every piece if none of the eras are getting every piece. IMO Filmation should only include figures that are key and original. There are too many potential figures if every person is considered. Sure a lot of people like the Filmation stuff but not everyone needs all of the guys and gals from there. Not to knock POP or Filmation, but the recent releases have been slow Sellers. I'm not trying to upset anyone I'm just speaking my mind. I will gladly buy every item we get no matter what but there are some I buy and have Very little interest in, i just love MOTU. Hopefully there are enough people like me to keep us in MOTUC for a little while longer.

I have to agree with those wanting more/the rest of the vintage figures both MOTU & POP not to mention Filmation & NA. These are characters we grew up with and have the most invested into them. Not to say we don't love new characters but with so few spots, IMO, it makes more sense to complete something rather than have a bunch of everything and nothing is complete...

Despara would be AWESOME as a sub exclusive for next year. I think that will depend on how the comic goes and how long Desparas story line runs...but then again Illumina is a great example of fan demand.

It would be AWESOME if we saw a sculpt to CG!!! That would be a great thing. 2 more sculpted figures and 2 more name reveals would be sweet too! Maybe an update on the 2013 weapons pack?

BTW. Remember the white Horde Cross Bow...??? What's up with that? Am I forgetting something?

Hmm, so to recap... we had one of the 4Horsemen comment that he was working on 15 figure for classics right now in a recent Roast Gooble... which is kind of odd for them to be makign so many at once.

Also, now with all the teased/leaked info... as of right now we have a new weapons pack coming, Twobad possibly coming as a regular slot.

An lets not forget the CRAZY HIGH.... almost doubled shippign costs for international fans on anything above a standard figure size item for shipping....

So, my prediction now is... if we see Horde Troopers, Hydron, Twobad, Glimmer, Mantenna, and Modulok... I figure we will get to finish 2013.

But the 2014 sub will have a really hard time trying to go forward, simply due to so many international fans being priced out, and lack of MAJOR fan demanded figures for the 2014 line... hmm.. has me concerned.
    I hope we see a CRAZY early access window for the 2014 sub, an it stays open for many months this year.

The genereal consensus is that the white cross bow is going to be for either Calix or Horde Troopers. I really hope we see the Horde Troopers and I hope they knock them out of the park. I think they will have some sort of "battle damage" like the Palace Guards, which I wouldnt mind as long as it does not affect the look of the figure too much. I also want the removable head so we can have our He-Man in Horde disguise figure.

OKay so thats where it was left.

Id love to have the Troopers but would love to have an OMGosh moment if it turned out to be some one else!

Snappy Threader
    Rep, I agree with you about 2014...that makes me think they will really have to hit a home run with it...like Modulok....Knowing what we know about Two Bad now, makes me think it is coming soon, becasue usually they say they can't comment simply becasue "insert character" simply hasn't been planned yet. I do expect to see Hydron, but with the sub scare and the new roadmap, they would be foolish to include Mantenna or Glimmer in 2013 (though I hope they do). If they fill out 2013 with Mantenna, Glimmer, Horde Troopers, Two Bad and Modulok...I'm just not sure 2014 would be too exciting for a fence sitter. Sweet Bee, Sea Hawk, Madame Razz maybe, but then all of the MOTU boppers would be out of the way already. I do expect to see Hydron in Feb though, he was focused on in the mini-comic after all and is a heavy hitter in NA. It's real exciting to speculate though.

and Orbles.....Horde Troopers for sure. I'm afraid if it isn't the Horde Troopers a lot of people will be turned off. Calix is wanted, but if it ends up being Calix instead of Troopers or even Mantenna or Filmation Hordak there may be a lot of dis-liking going on.

Gosh, I just don't know what to expect.

What if the crossbow is in the Weapons Pak? We now know we are getting one, it's been confirmed. Man-At-Arms' hand cannon and Keldor's swords were teased in a display case and they didn't come with a figure; they were in the weapons pak. So, that's my guess. They might have this ready for NYTF since they said it would be for mid 2013. We would already own it by the time SDCC rolled around, so they can't reveal it there. The only other places could be Wondercon or C2E2, but that's if they attend and they haven't the last couple years.

And I do believe the Horde Troopers will be coming as well. But I think they will be revealed at SDCC instead of NYTF.

The 3-4 characters they will reveal at NYTF will be the next two months and maybe the first two figures in an add-on sub or the first 2-pack. Which I now think will be Glimmer and Lord Dactys and the additional figures will be Shokoti and Masque (if a two-pack) or Seahawk and Strong Arm if individuals.

@King Tamusk

A Shokoti & Masque 2 pack would be AWEEESOME!

Heroic Warrior
    I guess it's safe to say Gwildor and Multi-Bot are coming this year?

I'm going with Ninjor or Blast Attack, Castaspella or Mermista, and Horde Troopers.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I asked because my Netossa mailer box has both those names on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeoftheBeast View Post
    I asked because my Netossa mailer box has both those names on the back.
    That isn't necessarily an indicator that the character is coming next. Most of the time the names are on the packaging as a way to keep the trademark active and valid, until the day they actually DO make the figure. But, who knows. Maybe they are being designed right now.

Personally, I'd love a full 12 month Filmation subscription. I don't know if that's what is on the agenda, but it would be really awesome' especially if it came with it's own sub exclusive. Imagine a full Filmation sub like THIS!

JAN - Scorpia
    FEB - Icer, Melaktha (sub exclusive)
    MAR - Madame Razz w/ Broom
    APR - Batros
    MAY - Seahawk
    JUNE - Evilseed
    JULY - Granita
    AUG - Shokoti
    SEPT - Lizard Man
    OCT - Vultak
    NOV - Kothos
    DEC - Delora/Hawke

HOLY COW! That would be awesome. But, If we do get something like this, I would imagine it would start as a 6-figure add-on sub first to determine how popular and profitable it is. If it sells incredibly well, then they might increase it to a full sub in 2014.

I'd even be happy with a 200X add-on sub:

Prahvus
    Lord Dactys
    King Miro
    Veena
    Kulatak Elder
    Snake Armor He-Man

And, of course Modulok and Stridor as extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    @King Tamusk

This is my greatest hope.

It is getting so close, a little over 3 weeks. From what I understand the white crossbow was a repaint, right? All other Horde has gotten unique crossbows, so it makes me believe it will be part of a weapons pak and not with a new figure. IDK. I am just so excited to see some new stuff. The Fangman pic was awesome and will help tide me over until NYTF!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    This is my greatest hope.
    Would Shokoti's palace packaging not just be icing on the cake!?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    @King Tamusk

Yeah, it would be. I'd even like a 3-pack including Melaktha.

I can see Shokoti coming with a couple of her little demon thingies. Depending on how they'd look, I might even be tempted to buy additional 2-packs, just so I could have them all around her. But what accessories could Masque have, other than a removable mask? If I recall, he didn't really have anything with him during his episode. Maybe he can come with one of the Reptile Men guns???
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 17, 2013 at 11:48pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Yeah, it would be. I'd even like a 3-pack including Melaktha.

I can see Shokoti coming with a couple of her little demon thingies. Depending on how they'd look, I might even be tempted to buy additional 2-packs, just so I could have them all around her. But what accessories could Masque have, other than a removable mask? If I recall, he didn't really have anything with him during his episode. Maybe he can come with one of the Reptile Men guns???
    I'm seriously down for a 3 pack. I really do want Melaktha for MOTUC. Of course I would like him to have armor that can be swapped in place of his shirt. So hes not so bland.

- - - Updated - - -

Sh'gora & Darklings would be cool. But that may not happen.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Melaktha...armour would def. be needed to spice him up. It would ge great to get another black character in the line.

I would so get Shabootys demon eye sucker things.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    If they fill out 2013 with Mantenna, Glimmer, Horde Troopers, Two Bad and Modulok...I'm just not sure 2014 would be too exciting for a fence sitter.
    What makes you think those are coming in 2013? From the rumours and tidbits Horde Troopers are likely, but the rest of those will likely be 2014. 2014 figures are likely being worked on now, so Two-Bad is probably a Jan-Mar 2014 figure. Mantenna could be the December 2013 figure... with the other 4 probably being Castaspella, Ninjor, Lord Dactys and Geldor based on rumours and tidbits.
    Last edited by blackiecats; January 18, 2013 at 03:08pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I highly doubt the Four Horsemen are sculpting any 2014 figures yet. I think Scott is probably trying to figure out the line up and how many figures management will allow them to produce in 2014.

Whatever these plans Scott has about offering product outside of the sub, I really hope he is careful not to put too much product into the line too quickly, because a lot of people are going to end up being priced out of the line.
    There's whispers of 'a lot of stuff outside the sub' and that later in the year is going to be 'expensive'. I have pretty much everything released in this line so far, but let's not forget that we have Castle Grayskull at the end of the year. The other stuff that's coming - whatever it may be - is sort of making me a bit nervous.
    There are certain collectors that will opt to stop collecting if they can't have everything (because they can't afford it) or will certainly be a LOT more selective about what they buy (for example, only deciding to complete the vintage line)
    I thought that after a heavy 2012 (with the 30th Anniversary Line and expensive SKUs like Granamyr) a more 'sedate' 2013 was just what the line needed. (rising shipping costs excluded - that's for another thread!!) And of course it's all about supply or demand: If TG 'over-saturates' and over estimates the demand for these figures, then people are just gonna be priced out.
    It's ok for a lot of the people who post on here a lot - sometimes it seems like people who write on these forums have a huge amount of disposable income. But outside of this TG-termed 'Loud minority' there are collectors who work hard for their money, and have a limited budget. I personally would love to have everything this line offers. I love all elements from throughout the MOTU mythos - POP, NA, Minicomics, Filmation, 200X. I can relate to all of it. And the lesser known characters - if I think they look cool then I will give them a place in my collection.
    I just want express that I feel nervous about the wealth of product that's going to be offered outside of the subscription. Maybe a figure every couple of months, or a bi-monthly standard size figure. And let's not forget that DOS prices have risen to $27. Everything offered outside of the sub (which - again - is supposed to be rather a lot of stuff) will be priced at $27 and above. It's no coincidence (IMO) that there's stuff being offered outside the sub at the same time that the DOS prices are $27.
    Either way, I wonder whether people agree with me, or whether they're just happy to spend anything they have spare on this line. I don't want to finish collecting the line - I want it all, damn it!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I highly doubt the Four Horsemen are sculpting any 2014 figures yet. I think Scott is probably trying to figure out the line up and how many figures management will allow them to produce in 2014.
    I was always lead to believe toys are usually planned a year in advance from concept to production. If they haven't started yet, then they must be working on the January and February 2014 figures very soon.

They will know by now how big 2014 will be. No idea why it has to be a big surprise at conventions...
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.