Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    Whatever these plans Scott has about offering product outside of the sub, I really hope he is careful not to put too much product into the line too quickly, because a lot of people are going to end up being priced out of the line.
    There's whispers of 'a lot of stuff outside the sub' and that later in the year is going to be 'expensive'. I have pretty much everything released in this line so far, but let's not forget that we have Castle Grayskull at the end of the year. The other stuff that's coming - whatever it may be - is sort of making me a bit nervous.
    There are certain collectors that will opt to stop collecting if they can't have everything (because they can't afford it) or will certainly be a LOT more selective about what they buy (for example, only deciding to complete the vintage line)
    I thought that after a heavy 2012 (with the 30th Anniversary Line and expensive SKUs like Granamyr) a more 'sedate' 2013 was just what the line needed. (rising shipping costs excluded - that's for another thread!!) And of course it's all about supply or demand: If TG 'over-saturates' and over estimates the demand for these figures, then people are just gonna be priced out.
    It's ok for a lot of the people who post on here a lot - sometimes it seems like people who write on these forums have a huge amount of disposable income. But outside of this TG-termed 'Loud minority' there are collectors who work hard for their money, and have a limited budget. I personally would love to have everything this line offers. I love all elements from throughout the MOTU mythos - POP, NA, Minicomics, Filmation, 200X. I can relate to all of it. And the lesser known characters - if I think they look cool then I will give them a place in my collection.
    I just want express that I feel nervous about the wealth of product that's going to be offered outside of the subscription. Maybe a figure every couple of months, or a bi-monthly standard size figure. And let's not forget that DOS prices have risen to $27. Everything offered outside of the sub (which - again - is supposed to be rather a lot of stuff) will be priced at $27 and above. It's no coincidence (IMO) that there's stuff being offered outside the sub at the same time that the DOS prices are $27.
    Either way, I wonder whether people agree with me, or whether they're just happy to spend anything they have spare on this line. I don't want to finish collecting the line - I want it all, damn it!
    I agree. Matty nearly killed the goose with the golden eggs last year. And if things don't change fast, TG shouldn't even bother rearranging his roadmap anymore.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

The extra stuff is not necessarily the killer, it is the inability to combine Early Access stuff to your sub shipment. I have 3 subs and my Netossas only cost $31.60 each shipped. That is not that bad, so if I could add more figures to the same shipment, I would not have a problem. But paying another $18-20 in shipping, on top of the new figure price, that is going to be more difficult to justify. I cant help but not worrying about it because I am too eager to get more and new product before the line goes down the toilet. So, if they want to add a bunch this year, I will just pay it, because this could be our last. I honestly dont think it will be, but just saying, if it is, then lets go out with a bang!

I want all I can get, if I cant afford one or two now then theres always ebay. I love this line too much to quit cause I cant get a figure.

Dec. 2013 is going to be THE most expensive month in MOTUC history!

CGC + I'm going to say 2 figures and probably another oversized item. So what that'll out us at...approx. $360.00 before S&H and tax... Save NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Dec. 2013 is going to be THE most expensive month in MOTUC history!

CGC + I'm going to say 2 figures and probably another oversized item. So what that'll out us at...approx. $360.00 before S&H and tax... Save NOW!!
    even higher for ppl like me who signed off to pay for 2 [or more] grayskulls. lol

...plus dont forget.... we have an army builder coming out sometime that same 4th quarter.... if its horde troopers... just imagine the cost then... lol

I believe that if these are not revealed at NYTF they will be soon after. Some are great in my book and some I could definitely live without.

Lodar
    Tung-Lashor
    Tuskador
    Gwildor
    Kex
    Multi-bot
    Spinnerella
    Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Sweet-Bee

I will not be a happy camper if Horde Troopers aren't filling this year's army-builder slot. That, for me, is #1 on the "must-makes."

Besides the obvious gap-filling of the vintage line (Mantenna, Tung-Lashor, Two Bad, Modulock, Rio Blast, Ninjor, etc.) and the PoP heavies, I'd like to see:

Minicomic Trap Jaw
    Evilseed
    Lizard Man (green)
    Goat Man
    NA Skeletor
    Hydron
    Lodar
    Oo-Larr (barefoot or bust)
    Scorpia
    Skeletor's Robot Knights (2-pack in standard single figure pack.)
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    even higher for ppl like me who signed off to pay for 2 [or more] grayskulls. lol

...plus dont forget.... we have an army builder coming out sometime that same 4th quarter.... if its horde troopers... just imagine the cost then... lol
    Youre mail carrier is going to kill you!

Thats gonna be some crazy MOTU in the house!!!

BIG NEWS!!!!

AT LEAST ONE OF THE FIGURES ON THIS LIST WILL BE SHOWN AT TOY FAIR IN TWO WEEKS !!!!!!

1). Mantenna
    2). Two-Bad
    3). Scorpia
    4). Horde Trooper
    5). Tung Lashor
    6). Glimmer
    7). Modulok
    8). Madame Razz/Broom
    9). Mermista
    10). Castaspella

Toyguru just answered this on the Matty boards!!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    BIG NEWS!!!!

AT LEAST ONE OF THE FIGURES ON THIS LIST WILL BE SHOWN AT TOY FAIR IN TWO WEEKS !!!!!!

1). Mantenna
    2). Two-Bad
    3). Scorpia
    4). Horde Trooper
    5). Tung Lashor
    6). Glimmer
    7). Modulok
    8). Madame Razz/Broom
    9). Mermista
    10). Castaspella

I'm guessing it's a PoP gal, since we haven't seen another yet in 2013 after Netossa and there is at least one more to be revealed. So, that being said, I think it's either Glimmer or Castaspella. Whichever one isn't shown will be reserved for next year, I'd think.

We're all pretty sure Horde Troopers will be in 2013, but I am pretty convinced they will be held for a SDCC reveal.

And I think that white Horde crossbow will be revealed in the new Weapons Pak at NYTF, since Scott mentioned it was coming mid 2013 in a recent Ask Matty.

Modulok might be held over as a sub lure oversized figure for 2014, as well as Two-Bad, Mantenna, and Scorpia. Then again, Modulok might be a SDCC exclusive this year. Mermista is cool too, but I don't see her coming before Glimmer or Castaspella, especially after we just got Netossa. They should be smart and throw out an A-lister now. I don't see Tung Lasher being released so soon after revealing Snake Face, so he might be held until 2014 or even 2015, throwing out Sssqueeze first. Madame Razz, while HIGHLY demanded, is an entirely new sculpt. She might be held until next year or made into a SDCC exclusive, including Broom, Kowl, and LooKee.

What I think would be kinda cool is if they didn't reveal the September monthly figure and instead revealed the prototype for Geldor (the November figure). My reasoning behind this is, we already know Geldor is coming. Holding September, October, and December as reveals for SDCC still gives us 3 monthly figures to speculate about and be excited for, since we have no idea what they are. Plus, the Mattel crew have known about Geldor being in their schedule since August and it sounds like they have been discussing his production. I would imagine 5 months time would be enough to develop his proto for NYTF, especially considering the majority of his pieces are potentially reused parts.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I'm rooting for Two-Bad out of the ones on that list!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    BIG NEWS!!!!

1). Mantenna
    2). Two-Bad
    3). Scorpia
    4). Horde Trooper
    5). Tung Lashor
    6). Glimmer
    7). Modulok
    8). Madame Razz/Broom
    9). Mermista
    10). Castaspella

Well that narrows it down!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    If one of these figures (Tung Lashor, Modulok, Horde Trooper, Two Bad or Mantenna) will be shown, NYTF would be a success for me...

All ten of those are major wants for sure but hopefully it's one of the Great Rebellion members. It does say at least one so hopefully we might see more than one character of that list.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    My bet is on Castaspella and Horde Troopers...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    BIG NEWS!!!!

1). Mantenna
    2). Two-Bad
    3). Scorpia
    4). Horde Trooper
    5). Tung Lashor
    6). Glimmer
    7). Modulok
    8). Madame Razz/Broom
    9). Mermista
    10). Castaspella

My money is on Scorpia. I know Octavia will be coming out this year, but Toyguru seemed to be mentioning how popular Scorpia was in a lot of answers mid-2012. So, I'm guessing we're going to be seeing her sooner rather than later.

Out of the entire list, I would most like it to be Mermista though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Oh deary my...please let it be Madame Razz and Broom.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think either Castaspella or Mermista

I have a slight feeling that the 3rd Bonus item will turn out to be the Hover Robots instead of the Horde Troopers.

The Horde Troopers will be used to push the 2014 sub.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Would have to be mantenna to go with that white cross bow.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    The Turtles-bunny was Usagi Yojimbo, a crossover, since Usagi is a famous comic book series about a samurai rabbit in feudal Japan by Stan Sakai.
    I LOVE that comic. Have TONS of them and almost every TPB Also autographed #1 and a personal happy birthday drawing by Stan!

If we saw Madame Razz, I'd die a happy man!

But the crossbow has me wondering about Mantenna... They'd be best advised to leave the likes of he, Two-Bad and Tung Lashor till next year, IMO...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I'm hoping for a Scorpia and/or Castaspella reveal at Toy Fair....though any of those in that top 10 list would be awesome to see.

Scott confirmed that Scorpia will be a 2014 release.

Castaspella would be awesome. So would Mantenna.

Extra? I'm think they won't reveal everything but we will see a couple.

Gosh it's cold again in NYC. Utterly frosty. Remember? Like last year

If only I had a magic eight ball, or some such mean of do ding am answer to the question: will it be a frigid NYTF?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Hmmm, I wonder if Icer is on his way.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Snow Patrol Lt Spector? yes!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!