Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I remember how Kowl suffered from the Orko super-sized syndrome and I hope WHEN he is revealed this year at NYTF or SDCC he will be Orko sized and Filmation colors. I never did like the toy colors. I NEEEEED Kowl in MOTUC (crosses fingers).
    While I would love Kowl to be an Orko-sized figure, I'm expecting he'll be more of an accessory like Zoar or Hordak's red imp.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I sincerely hope they don't make Kowl a PVC chunk like they did with Cringer. Cringer is one of my most wanted, fully articulated, figures in this line. He should have been a monthly slot and about the same size at a normal figure. Now, sadly, I do not think we will ever get a proper Cringer. I want Kowl to be about the same size as Orko and have similar articulation. A head that will turn, wings that can move up and down, and arms and legs that at least go forward and back. Ball jointed shoulders and hips would be a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I sincerely hope they don't make Kowl a PVC chunk like they did with Cringer. Cringer is one of my most wanted, fully articulated, figures in this line. He should have been a monthly slot and about the same size at a normal figure. Now, sadly, I do not think we will ever get a proper Cringer. I want Kowl to be about the same size as Orko and have similar articulation. A head that will turn, wings that can move up and down, and arms and legs that at least go forward and back. Ball jointed shoulders and hips would be a dream.
    I am assuming Kowl will have an articulated head and arms like the vintage figure. But I wouldn't expect anything more than that. Especially since he would probably be packed in with someone. The question is, will Kowl have his vintage paint scheme or his Filmation one???

I hope he comes with the Easter-y vintage toy colors, which would look far better amongst the MOTUC figures than that drab Filmation color scheme. Having a dull-looking Kowl that would be the same shade as the Shadow Beast's hands and feet holds no appeal for me.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

It is highly doubtful that Kowl will come in his toy colors. To date, there has not been one POP figure colored after their toy designs. It isn't likely to change, unless they do some sort of special SDCC version.

Heroic Warrior
    Re: Kowl

I hope that he is Orko sized, maybe slightly smaller, with an articulated head (to the extent possible given his ears/wings) and arms and released in Filmation colours.

Kowl could be smaller than Orko but not by much. I'ld prefer him Orko size. I'm just hoping he's bigger than Zoar!!!

i want Kowl Orko sized articulated and in Filmation colors.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

When and if they get to Kowl, he should be Orko sized.

he-man-and-she-ra-christmas-special-orko-kowl1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    While I would love Kowl to be an Orko-sized figure, I'm expecting he'll be more of an accessory like Zoar or Hordak's red imp.
    That would be horrible and terribly out of scale. I doubt they'll make him that small. He's Orko sized, they've been next to each other in the cartoon for pete's sake. LOL. Zoar is in scale IMO, the original was huge!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post

Thank you for posting that, you beat me to it! LOL

While we're at it, Imp and Lookee should be that size as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    That would be horrible and terribly out of scale. I doubt they'll make him that small. He's Orko sized, they've been next to each other in the cartoon for pete's sake. LOL. Zoar is in scale IMO, the original was huge!

[COLOR

Thank you for posting that, you beat me to it! LOL

While we're at it, Imp and Lookee should be that size as well.
    Thanks guys I wanted to find this pic
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    wow a lot of people speculating about Kowl
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Thinking along the lines of the frigid and ice comments, if we weren't already getting two He-variants this year, I'd be clamoring for Ice Armor He-Man. Maybe next year. I'd rather have Ice and Snake Armor than Laser Light and Flying Fists.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    wow a lot of people speculating about Kowl
    Yes but Kowl with who ?? He can't be released alone....
    Kowl & Castaspella ? Kowl & Red Eye (Kowl's cousin) ? Kowl & Broom & Razz ? Kowl & Loo-Kee ? Kowl & Imp ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    Kowl & Castaspella ? Kowl & Red Eye (Kowl's cousin) ? Kowl & Broom & Razz ? Kowl & Loo-Kee ? Kowl & Imp ?
    Glimmer is the only character with minimum new tooling of her own that I could see Kowl fitting with in package. I mean even if they give her unique boots (without shin-cuts again I'll bet ) and bracers, she doesn't have anything big to fit in with her like most of the other PoP girls. Unless they want to give us Double Trouble, which would be cool too.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    A pack of Filmation Kowl, Vintage Kowl, Kowla and Red Eye.

Though I'd rather they released the small guys (the kowls, the twiggets, the bibbets, Loo-Kee, and maybe the manchines) as "promotional bonus" to a Whispering Woods diorama-building set. That is, a forest-builder SKU containing, say, a pair of bluish trees and pinkish shrubs and a green lawn base, with a few of the little guys tossed in. Different selections of the little guys would serve as chase variants (e.g., chase variant #1: Filmation Kowl & Red Eye, #2: Vintage Kowl & Kowla, #3: Loo-Kee & Sprocket, #4: Spragg & Sprittina, #5: a pair of bibbets, #6: a pair of manchines). So, by collecting the variants, one would be filling in the small guys ranks and, at the same time, enlarging their Whispering Woods diorama with up to around a dozen trees and shrubs.

As for Imp, I'd prefer they release him in a pack with Filmation Hordak that includes several of the alternate forms of each. Although, with the amount of alternate forms each of them has, both Imp and Filmation Hordak would merit their own individual oversized-SKU release:

Last edited by uaxuctum; February 3, 2013 at 10:24am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I've posted my idea about Kowl and Castaspella being released together for a few years now, but I'll post about it again.

I think they should be an SDCC item. The version available at SDCC can be vintage toy colours (peach Kowl and yellow/orange/cream Castaspella) and the online version can be Filmation colours (pinkish red Kowl and yellow/blue Castaspella). I think that would be really cool, would not require any additional tooling and would make all PoP fans happy.

If Mattel won't do that, I would like the 3 pack with Kowl, Kowla and Red Eye. All could use the same body, they would just need different heads. Kowla DOES have a slimmer, more hourglass shape...but there's no way they would tool another torso. I would be fine with a more feminine head as the only difference.

Last edited by Darkspecter; February 3, 2013 at 10:51am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm really hoping that they are doing stuff outside of the sub tat allow their own price points to release stuff like Kowl, Imp, Loo-Kee, Dree Elle, Montork, Modulok, Multi-Bot, and Sagitar!!!!
    Last edited by bribri4u; February 3, 2013 at 06:32pm.

I guess it will depend whether he'll come in a weapons pack (as rumoured) or as a pack-in with another figure. I do prefer him to be more or less the same size as Orko but I'm not convinced Mattel is going to take this route. All the smaller creatures (Kowl, Gwildor, Lookee, Imp, Odiphus, ...) will be 100% new tooling, so I think it's more likely they will end up as unarticulated mini-figures.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I guess it will depend whether he'll come in a weapons pack (as rumoured) or as a pack-in with another figure. I do prefer him to be more or less the same size as Orko but I'm not convinced Mattel is going to take this route. All the smaller creatures (Kowl, Gwildor, Lookee, Imp, Odiphus, ...) will be 100% new tooling, so I think it's more likely they will end up as unarticulated mini-figures.
    I don't think Kowl needs a lot of articulation, just the arms actually, the legs would be a bonus. But Kowl, Imp, and Lookee are all Orko height, Gwildor is Madame Razz size, much bigger than Orko. Mattel may have made some mistakes, but I can't see them making a mistake this big. If Kowl is put into a weapons pack, he might bump up the price. No one, and I mean no one, will want a Kowl or any other mini figure that out of scale. It works for Zoar because that's actually his scale.

Imp and Lookee could use a little more articulation, like arms, legs, and head.

Heroic Warrior
    Looking at that pic of animated Kowl and Orko, I'd say Kowl gets the full compliment of articulation. Head, hinged wings(attached to the head), ball jointed arms(like Orko), ball jointed elbows, wrists, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and swivel feet. Lookee obviously wouldn't need the head/wing articulation, but he could have a ball jointed tail instead. Imp would have ball jointed wings instead of the tail. Put them in a 3pk for SDCC and price it at $30. I think it'd sell pretty damn well!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Glimmer is the only character with minimum new tooling of her own that I could see Kowl fitting with in package. I mean even if they give her unique boots (without shin-cuts again I'll bet ) and bracers, she doesn't have anything big to fit in with her like most of the other PoP girls. Unless they want to give us Double Trouble, which would be cool too.
    Kowl with Glimmer would be acceptable but I think Kowl should be packaged just like Orko was but in place of Adam would be a hidden Loo-kee underneath. This addresses both Kowl and Look-ee in one swoop. And would make sense having him 'hidden.'

We already got shafted with Cringer if they screw up Kowl and give us a mini statue I will lead a revolt on Mattel... With pitchforks!

Am I the only one who thinks they cold make a small buck that could be used for Kowl, Imp, and Lookee. They could share torso, arms, and legs. For Kowl they could add the white fur around the neck, his tail, feet, and hands and then flock him like the vintage toy but in filmation colors. For Imp they could put his little horde unitard on him with the wings either attached to it or attached with a hole in the buck, a new tail, new hoof feet, and Kowl's hands. For Lookie, they can give him his little overalls on the buck, a new tail, hands and feet with the rainbow leg and wrist warmers that would add a little length to them making him a little taller with slightly longer arms.

I don't see why Kowl, Imp, and Lookee can't all be done in one pack. Why is it such a struggle to get to these guys? I'd trade Dekker's 2nd head in a hot second for even one of these guys. They're worth the tooling, it's not like we haven't been asking for them for years now.

Beyond Glimmer's staff, she doesn't need any other accessories IMO, so Kowl would be a fine pack in for her. He makes sense as a pack in for her. I saw someone had a cool idea about Castaspella and Kowl together as a SDCC exclusive, in SDCC you could get her and Kowl in their vintage toy colors, and online later you could get them in their filmation colors. I LOVE this idea and I know a lot of fans that would be very happy about it.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I don't see why Kowl, Imp, and Lookee can't all be done in one pack. Why is it such a struggle to get to these guys? I'd trade Dekker's 2nd head in a hot second for even one of these guys. They're worth the tooling, it's not like we haven't been asking for them for years now.

Beyond Glimmer's staff, she doesn't need any other accessories IMO, so Kowl would be a fine pack in for her. He makes sense as a pack in for her. I saw someone had a cool idea about Castaspella and Kowl together as a SDCC exclusive, in SDCC you could get her and Kowl in their vintage toy colors, and online later you could get them in their filmation colors. I LOVE this idea and I know a lot of fans that would be very happy about it.
    Part of the reason there is out of sub stuff is so they can have openings for a different price point so put all three together and create a unique price point and give us the little guys.