Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Snappy Threader
    Oh wow I forgot about the Filmation stuff.....I hope for Lizard Man.........

I have a feeling that $50 oversized slot could be Stridor --maybe even Sagitar since we were told there would be another NA reveal

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I have a feeling that $50 oversized slot could be Stridor --maybe even Sagitar since we were told there would be another NA reveal
    But those are not exactly highly demanded... it has to be Horde Troopers.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Agreed. If it isn't Horde Troopers, or if they aren't revelead at all, there will be a lot of unhappy campers.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Did they say it would be a highly demanded item --just wondering I think Horde Troopers have been stated as not coming anytime soon in a recent q+a?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really hoping for Mantenna, Modulok, and/or Two-Bad. And either a Horde Trooper two-pack or the Skeletor Robot Knights three-pack.

- - - Updated - - -

Did they say it would be a highly demanded item --just wondering I think Horde Troopers have been stated as not coming anytime soon in a recent q+a?
    Even if they were coming soon, ToyGuru wouldn't spill the beans in a Q&A in a forum, so don't take that statement as fact. I'm not saying that he's lying, but that he might just be giving us that answer so the surprise for NYTF or wherever they reveal it won't be spoiled.

Yeah, I was just wondering due to 2014 is supposed to be the year of more highy demanded items due to the roadmap being changed. 2013 was planned a long time ago apparently--so not as many high demanded figures in 2013. Besides, isn't Stridor a highly demanded figure (seems pretty popular to me)

Heroic Warrior
    i think thay we take the gamble and hold off on Hoard troopers this year, and use them for the big pull next SDCC, i may be wrong,
    for me id like a NA Skeletor/and helmet and armour to go with NA He-man,
    Eldor,
    bearfoot He-man/with prototype horned helmet head option.
    He-ro son of He-man,
    and Battle Ram pre order,

that would be awsome

I fully expect to hear news of a Filmation subline... 6-8 figures, maybe even two-packs... to be offered outside the sub starting in April 2013- which sub holders will have "early access" to.
    If not, then I have no idea what to expect! I know people say it's been a while since we've had any reveals, but I feel like we've gotten a crapload of stuff shown in the past several months. We know all the figures up through like July, plus we know we're getting a Grayskull! Anything else right now, for me, is extra icing on the cake.

I want to see Plundor too! Also, could the white crossbow come with the Horde Troopers? And didn't we already see the Staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Even if they were coming soon, ToyGuru wouldn't spill the beans in a Q&A in a forum, so don't take that statement as fact. I'm not saying that he's lying, but that he might just be giving us that answer so the surprise for NYTF or wherever they reveal it won't be spoiled.
    Generally true, but when TG says "We can't really talk about figures past..." it's different than saying "We haven't had discussions on those figures". Generally, he's pretty honest about that one thing and that was his comment on Troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    i think thay we take the gamble and hold off on Hoard troopers this year, and use them for the big pull next SDCC, i may be wrong,
    for me id like a NA Skeletor/and helmet and armour to go with NA He-man,
    Eldor,
    bearfoot He-man/with prototype horned helmet head option.
    He-ro son of He-man,
    and Battle Ram pre order,
    that would be awsome
    I really hope you're right about Battle Ram, but the idea for a preorder for him has been pretty much dismissed multiple times.
    On a side note, I really hope we at least see Extendar or Dragstor (or both ) before 2013 is done.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    i think thay we take the gamble and hold off on Hoard troopers this year, and use them for the big pull next SDCC, i may be wrong
    This would be truly awesome. Especially if the SDCC pack included a newly sculpted He-Man head to reenact the scene from the Secret of the Sword. Just like Vykron, the SDCC package would have the He-Man in armor, whereas the Matty.com version had the standard Troopers, sans He-Man head.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I fully expect to hear news of a Filmation subline... 6-8 figures, maybe even two-packs... to be offered outside the sub starting in April 2013- which sub holders will have "early access" to.
    If not, then I have no idea what to expect! I know people say it's been a while since we've had any reveals, but I feel like we've gotten a crapload of stuff shown in the past several months. We know all the figures up through like July, plus we know we're getting a Grayskull! Anything else right now, for me, is extra icing on the cake.
    I REALLY hope you're right. This would be an excellent solution for both fans of Filmation and those who don't care for the Filmation characters....

Heck, I would be giddy as a school-boy if they announced a New Adventures subline as well!!! (Not to take away from PoP, but we need to get rolling on some of these characters, no Hydron or Flogg yet??)
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I hope you're right too, but I'm not so sure if this could happen since the line is going to be trimmed down even more in 2014

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    Yeah, I was just wondering due to 2014 is supposed to be the year of more highy demanded items due to the roadmap being changed. 2013 was planned a long time ago apparently--so not as many high demanded figures in 2013. Besides, isn't Stridor a highly demanded figure (seems pretty popular to me)
    Yeah, but it was also said that 2013 would be a pretty strong year nontheless (didn't even Scott say this is the strongest year yet?). And Scott said 2013 would include the most fan demanded army builder. It has to be the Horde Troopers?!
    MOTUC Most Wanted:
    Sagitar - Tuskador - Saurod - Mermista - The Crimson Fury - Entrapta - Kittrina - Artilla - Sssqueeze - Garth - Vultak - Dylamug - Lodar - Ninjor - Admiral Scurvy

Yes, the comment about the $50 item was that it was a highly requested army builder. I thought they said another project was green lit after the successful sell of the 2013 sub. So I am excited to see what they have to show us. Like the Castle!

I think NYTF 2013 will show us the August and September figures, which I think will be Castaspella (final PoP gal in 2013) and Mantenna (white crossbow). The October, November, and December figures will be saved for SDCC.

In addition to Castaspella and Mantenna, I think they will have the sculpted prototype for Castle Grayskull.

And then there are the extra surprises that Scott mentioned; which I think will be either a couple non-sub 2-packs or an add-on sub to get more figures. If it is the 2-packs, I am guessing it'll be King Miro/Lord Dactys in one and Glimmer/Peekablue in the other. If it is a Filmation add-on sub, I think they will show at least Seahawk and Shokoti.

In addition to that, I think they will show Stridor and another Weapons Pak with Rattlor's armor and Strobo's gun.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Agreed. If it isn't Horde Troopers, or if they aren't revelead at all, there will be a lot of unhappy campers.
    That's never stopped Mattel before. Remember the SDCC reveal from last year where everyone thought that it was going to be Modulok?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I'm really excited about the idea of a Filmation sub line but also more than a little worried about what choices would be made in such a sub line. I mean how frustrating would it be to get someone like Plundar (or even worse like an obscure character that many of us have never heard of) before the likes of Lizard Man, Madame Razz, Shokoti, Hunga, Evil Seed, Huntara, etc.

He-Ro
    Geldor
    Two-Bad
    Ninjor

And I half expect to see a FILMATION sub, too. Possibly Sea Hawk.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I'm really excited about the idea of a Filmation sub line but also more than a little worried about what choices would be made in such a sub line. I mean how frustrating would it be to get someone like Plundar (or even worse like an obscure character that many of us have never heard of) before the likes of Lizard Man, Madame Razz, Shokoti, Hunga, Evil Seed, Huntara, etc.
    The theoretical idea behind a separate sub-line, should it even happen, would be to get some of the lesser-known cult following figures out there, in a way that the people wanting them could get them. Bigger characters like Lizard Man, Razz and Evil Seed would do more than fine in the regular line and help prop it up between vintage releases.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

I hope they reveal Two Bad, Mantenna, Modulok, Horde Troopers and/or Rio Blast. I'd put money on the next army builder being the Horde Troopers, but the question is how would the two figures differ to justify packing them together?

Also, if/when they release Two Bad - I'd love for them to include Tuvar and Badrah for one epic 3 Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post

Also, if/when they release Two Bad - I'd love for them to include Tuvar and Badrah for one epic 3 Pack!
    Nice! Good idea!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Stridor should not cost more that $40.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Good point there!

I'd love to see three reveals, one each from PoP, MOTU, and FILMation.

1) Glimmer, Castaspella, or Mermista
    2) Mantenna, Gwildor, or Two Bad
    3) Lizard Man, Strong Arm, or Scorpia