Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    As for other reveals, I dont expect Horde Troopers as they shot that down as not even being in works at the moment. So I personally hope to see either New Adventures Mutant Troopers or Filamtion Skeletor Hover Robot Knights.
    I wouldn't take that as a sign that they aren't coming, Rep. Years ago, I created a thread that kept track of figures that weren't coming anytime soon, but all of that ended when TG famously said that Whiplash and Megator weren't coming anytime soon.

Both were revealed in a month.

TG disavowing upcoming figures is a standard TG response. However around the time of the 2013 subscription, he did mention a fan-demanded army builder that was coming in 2013. I don't remember the exact quote, but I think he worded it to mean heavily fan-demanded characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well...

I'm going to bet we see a bunch of Filmation characters.

I bet we see some very much wanted ones and maybe a couple that NO ONE has asked for.

Scott likes Nepthu. Based on that, and my general intuition . I bet we see that character.

Hoping that King Tamusk is one of those .....

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Not that I don't like Nepthu, but I don't really see the point of making characters no one wants when there are like 20 or so Filmation characters that fans have been asking for in the pastfew years... (just look at all these polls!)... Unless.... maybe Mattel has more in stores than what we've all been expecting (a Filmation mini sub or a few multipacks).

The other reason to explain the inclusion of characters like Nepthu in MOTUC would be that they need to make characters with little new tooling to balance the costs.
    We know that Lizard Man, Scorpia, Granita or Madame Razz, however much manted, would require new sculpts... Characters like Masque, Nephtu, Icer or Vultak could be cheaper to make and I wouldn't be surprised if we got this type of characters first...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    LOL! If you thought that fans didn't like the Egyptian designs of 200X Sorceress and 200X King Hsss, imagine the hate that this guy will get. Egyptian wizard characters are a common fantasy trope nowadays, but people still associate MOTU with mideval Europe.
    I would be happy to see Egyptian-like designs incorporated into the MOTUC world, certainly the Sands of Time offered a rich backdrop for Filmation adventures.

But I do think Kothos would be a stronger choice for magician villain of the desert with his two rich episodes and rivalry with Evil Lyn. He adds a touch of middle eastern flavour to the diversity of MOTUC - plus he has the added benefit of a history of alliance with the goblins for those of us who would very much like o see General Tataran added to the MOTUC ranks in due course.

All that said, if Nepthu makes a MOTUC debut I will welcome him (I like additions to the line, such as FFM for example) ... while breaking out the popcorn to watch the fireworks on the boards.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    people still associate MOTU with mideval Europe.
    The original Teela/Goddess with snake motif was very Egyptian; even the Sorceress borrowed elements from Egyptian mythology, look-wise.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Nepthu? NEPTHU?! Are you freaking kidding me?!

If they reveal Nepthu having promised A-list Filmation characters (erm, hello Shokoti, Scorpia, Batros, Granita, Madame Razz, Lizard Man...even Vultak and Melaktha!), there will be a LOT of upset people. Every slot is precious at this stage and I really hope they don't waste one on the likes of Nepthu or other characters you just never hear mentioned on the forums.

I get that he'd use 'the standard male buck'...but there are others they could tackle with existing parts to make fans go wild. The next six weeks will be a killer.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    The next six weeks will be a killer.
    In the next two weeks we get Ram Man!

In the next two weeks we get Ram Man!
    Not getting him, buddy. Can't wait for Netossa though.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Not that I don't like Nepthu, but I don't really see the point of making characters no one wants
    After Scorpia, Icer, Strongarm, Shokoti, Masque, Lizard Man, Madame Razz w/ Broom, Kittrina, Huntara and Sea Hawk, TG might need other characters to fill the sub with. I'm not the biggest Filmation fanboy here, so I might be forgetting two major characters who aren't mascots/little characters. Maybe Nepthu is one of the two leftover characters.

Glimmer and Hydron are the ones I REALLY want to see...
    But there is ONE Character that I DO NOT WANT IN MOTUC AT ALL!! that is Nepthu...
    Say NO To Nepthu in Classics. There are far more important Filmation Characters to make... The NA scientists, Crackers, Chef Allan, AND the 5 Second Etherian Dolly Parton Look-alike are higher in the pecking order than Nepthu... Wasting a Filmation slot on him is a slap in the face for MOTU fans who have been waiting for awesome Filmation characters like Sea Hawk, Shokoti, Melaktha, heck even Pink Bunny Plundor is a better idea than Nepthu...

I'm not against Egyptian inspired stuff... I want my 200X Sorceress Classiczed. I'm just against picking a super-Low Tier filmation character for one of these precious spots in MOTUC.
    Last edited by DO4M; January 1, 2013 at 08:28am. Reason: Explaining my anti-nepthu doesn't equal anti-Egypt
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Not that I don't like Nepthu, but I don't really see the point of making characters no one wants when there are like 20 or so Filmation characters that fans have been asking for in the pastfew years...
    You have to assume that whatever IS going to be revealed at NYTF was planned quite some time before the 2013 subscription went on sale last summer and the sub took a severe dip in sales. So it is completely plausible that someone like Nepthu was thrown in to the mix just simply to pad the line out several years, as they've been doing with the likes of Snake Man-At-Arms, Dekker, etc. The game plan has always been to hold off on those most-requested figures so the line could fulfill it's roadmap out to like 2017 or whatever Scott had planned. You know, the original idea was probably to hold someone like Scorpia or Lizard Man until 2016. Now, things have obviously changed. But I doubt that anything shown in 2013 is going to be a knee-jerk reaction to how the sub sales went down just six months ago. So brace yourselves, if there IS indeed a Filmation sub or more cartoon figures coming in two-packs or whatever, that for whatever popular heavy-hitter they release, there is going to be the equivalent of Eternian Background Villager #24 to counterbalance the Shokoti or Sea Hawk reveal...
    Last edited by zodak74; January 1, 2013 at 03:32pm.

After Scorpia, Icer, Strongarm, Shokoti, Masque, Lizard Man, Madame Razz w/ Broom, Kittrina, Huntara and Sea Hawk, TG might need other characters to fill the sub with. I'm not the biggest Filmation fanboy here, so I might be forgetting two major characters who aren't mascots/little characters. Maybe Nepthu is one of the two leftover characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Glimmer and Hydron are the ones I REALLY want to see...
    But there is ONE Character that I DO NOT WANT IN MOTUC AT ALL!! that is Nepthu...
    Say NO To Nepthu in Classics. There are far more important Filmation Characters to make... The NA scientists, Crackers, Chef Allan, AND the 5 Second Etherian Dolly Parton Look-alike are higher in the pecking order than Nepthu... Wasting a Filmation slot on him is a slap in the face for MOTU fans who have been waiting for awesome Filmation characters like Sea Hawk, Shokoti, Melaktha, heck even Pink Bunny Plundor is a better idea than Nepthu...

I'm not against Egyptian inspired stuff... I want my 200X Sorceress Classiczed. I'm just against picking a super-Low Tier filmation character for one of these precious spots in MOTUC.
    Damn! I forgot ALL about the Jetlag characters! Well, add Mara and Crita to my list above and we're done! Save Sebrian for next year...

Heroic Warrior
    Making obscure Filmation characters before favorite ones would be the worst choice at the moment...

Heroic Warrior
    Horde Troopers aren't the only fan-demanded army builders. They might be the most, but I think Skeletor's Filmation Robots would please many people as well.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Making obscure Filmation characters before favorite ones would be the worst choice at the moment...
    I cannot agree more !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    Also, if/when they release Two Bad - I'd love for them to include Tuvar and Badrah for one epic 3 Pack!
    This. Really, this would be amazing if they did it. If they offered it for $70 I'd get it in an instant.

What I would really love, though, is a Filmation sub with different packaging. Maybe something similar to the vintage packaging. That would rule, 'cause the packaging we have now sucks horribly (yeah, this is totally off topic, but I just wanted to point it out).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Horde Troopers aren't the only fan-demanded army builders. They might be the most, but I think Skeletor's Filmation Robots would please many people as well.
    A three-pack of Skeletor's Robot Knights would be amazing, and I wouldn't be mad at all if they choose this over the Horde Trooper two-pack.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I like Nepthu. He's cool. And he's independent of Skeletor. He's power hungry without the typical, "I'm going to take Castle Grayskull" angle. Nepthu for the win. (But his tighty-whities creep me out a little.)

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    But there is ONE Character that I DO NOT WANT IN MOTUC AT ALL!!
    You read my mind.....about Plundor, who is absolutely NOT better than Nepthu. Like at all. Even on drugs.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! If you thought that fans didn't like the Egyptian designs of 200X Sorceress and 200X King Hsss, imagine the hate that this guy will get. Egyptian wizard characters are a common fantasy trope nowadays, but people still associate MOTU with mideval Europe.
    Sigh. Yeah, I think at this point we can count on a backlash to every character choice made. It won't always be the same people, but every character is wanted less than another by someone.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I would be THRILLED to see Plundor!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I'd add Batros, Granita, Hunga, Vultak and Dylamug. Maybe Melaktha - I'd round his popularity off at roughly the same as Kittrina's (despite her being infinitely cooler!).

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well...

I'm going to bet we see a bunch of Filmation characters.

I bet we see some very much wanted ones and maybe a couple that NO ONE has asked for.

Scott likes Nepthu. Based on that, and my general intuition . I bet we see that character.
    The person I was waiting to hear from. That would be pretty cool in terms of finally getting Scorpia, Imp, Razz...still want Calix though.

As for Nepthu, I have no memory of him. Doesn't mean I won't like him but probably would prefer other characters depending on who they reveal.
    Last edited by evenflow; January 1, 2013 at 01:03pm.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Add me to the HUGE NO on Nepthu and Plundor. No matter if you want them or not, you must see how they'd be a bad sell for the line and the fan backlash would be immeasurable. These two make the FFM and Spector look like MOTUC crown jewels. There are some people that will buy anything, or want every character, and that's fine, but certainly there are a plethora of characters you would want before these.

If we get a Filmation sub, it's possible that it won't be 12 slots, that's a huge sub, it might be limited like the 30th anniversary, six slots could easily be filled.

NO ON NEPTHU AND PLUNDOR!

I'd rather Plundor over Nepthu any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I'd rather Plundor over Nepthu any day of the week.
    Nepthu is a lot cooler looking to me than Plundor though. I just cannot get the Plundor love, particularly married to Nepthu hate. It's like opposite day or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    These two make the FFM and Spector look like MOTUC crown jewels.
    I get that about Plundor, but not Nepthu. Of course I also happen to like the FFM, and am not a big hater of Spector, so...(shrugs).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I agree too, but maybe they would indeed consider a Filmation sub to cover such characters while not taking away from the main line.