Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    They should have Lizard Man, then make the 2nd Lizard Man a varient bonus.
    Does Galactus fart?

As usual, I'm in the minority. I looked up NEPTHU because I didn't remember him, either. I think he looks great, and I would love to have him!

That said, and before anybody tells me how much I suck, I am not saying that NEPTHU deserves a slot ahead of any other character. I'm just saying that if he does get made, I will buy him. He looks cool to me, and he seems to fit in with the rest of the musclebound, half naked guys who sport loincloths, boots, and harnesses.

Commence throwing of rotten heads of lettuce and tomatoes.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I would love to see Mantenna pop up soon. I know the troopers will come sooner or later but old bug eyes is in my horde any day
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I'm not getting the Nepthu hate at all. Sure he's a tad bland, but I'm confident that put through the classicizer machine, the 4H will make him awesome looking. Plus he's another independent villain! MOTUC needs many more of those - it makes the whole mythos that much more diverse and interesting. One of the great things about this line is that it accommodates overlooked characters from all eras. I've always wanted a Nepthu figure (not at the expense of more popular/cooler Filmation figures however) so bring him on! Hell, include him in an Egyptian/Arabian inspired desert themed 3-pack: Nepthu, Kothos, and The Crimson Fury!! I can dream, can't i?

As for other Filmation characters that almost nobody is asking for, my top picks would be:

Colossor
    The Games Master
    Negator
    Slave Master
    Malek
    Last edited by Durendal; January 1, 2013 at 04:33pm.

Heroic Warrior
    The line has to grow strong again on demanded figures from each factions first. There are many demanded characters with a lot of recycling potential. Mattel need characters most people want, not only 500 or 1000...

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to get Nepthu, his story was cool

Negator and the Game Master are two of my fave underdog Filmation villains. Heck, Negator even appeared in TWO episodes... so I feel he's definitely a prime choice for a figure in the line.
    As far as Nepthu, I too had to go and look him up... there's some good shots of him in this pre-existing thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...f-the-Sun-quot
    ...and now that I've read it over I have to say if they could somehow do a pack of Nepthu and two of those Sand Demons... I'd buy him for sure. Well, I'd buy him anyways because I think he's cool, but it would be neat to start seeing Matty think outside the box, as it were, and instead of offering traditional two or three packs, to maybe start packing a 6" figure with a beast of some sort with additional Filmation-themed accessories/items:
    Nepthu with a pair of Sand Demons
    Negator with a pair of Nerbs
    Game Master with his little pet and another one of his beastly slaves from the episode.
    Heck, even a Force Captain Adora and Spirit could fall into this category- and we know a great deal of folks would buy something like that!
    I wonder if that sort of thing would get fairweather Filmation fans to snatch this stuff up if they were offered outside the sub, or at this point if it would turn them off completely and end up being a total bust.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Add me to the HUGE NO on Nepthu and Plundor. No matter if you want them or not, you must see how they'd be a bad sell for the line and the fan backlash would be immeasurable. These two make the FFM and Spector look like MOTUC crown jewels.
    No backlash could be worse than the Star Sisters. A $25 figure is alot easier to get rid of than a $75-80 3 pack.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

With Granamyr's tail issue, I'm basically totally deflated as far as caring about reveals goes. Even when they're revealed, they still have to be made, shipped, arrived, opened, inspected and pass inspection before I'll get excited. I don't care too much about how they look when revealed, thanks to a Christmas season of the most expensive item, in the most expensive month yet, with all 3 being potentially defective. If it arrives and it's not falling apart when I assemble it, or when I try to move it's articulation, then I'll be excited. And, since I couldn't justify a sub this time around, I'm anxious to see how these new lowest-numbers-ever actually sell. That may further dampen my enthusiasm for this line. And as a personal note to the 4 horsemen, If it weren't for you guys, I would have been out a long time ago. Thank you/curse you.

That being said, I'm suspectfully looking forward to Flogg, Stridor, NA Skeletor, the rock warriors, Mantenna, Horde Troopers, Staghorn, Modulok, Two-bad, Nightstalker and Hydron in that order. All the rest will be cool to have if not defective, but not terribly exciting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well...

I'm going to bet we see a bunch of Filmation characters.

I bet we see some very much wanted ones and maybe a couple that NO ONE has asked for.

Scott likes Nepthu. Based on that, and my general intuition . I bet we see that character.
    I have never heard of Nepthu, or dont recall hearing of him, so I just looked him up and OMG what a dull looking figure!! Why would Scott like that guy over so many of the more interesting looking characters? To each their own I guess. Thank you for finally posting Brian, we have not heard enough from you lately on speculation and such.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it would be a very bad idea to release Nepthu... He's not fan-demanded (other than by a handful of people), and is low on the fans' priorities in general. Personally, I'd pass on this character.

Even though it's probably not what we're getting, I keep feeling like one of the surprises is that Mattel re-negotiated for the rights to do characters from the '87 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Why would Scott like that guy over so many of the more interesting looking characters?
    I agree. If this does come to pass just because Scott personally likes him, I won't be happy. With all the troubles of selling enough 2013 subscriptions (apparently), I think Scott should put his own indulgences aside from now on.

I just think he's a character that no one would want. Not just because of the fact that he looks utterly plain and boring, but also because he's just so obscure. I like to think of myself as a fully fledged MOTU geek, with a particular love for all things Filmation, but even I had to look him up.

Heroic Warrior
    Why would Scott like that guy over so many of the more interesting looking characters?
    Easy answer: for Nephtu, there would be a lot of parts that could be reused. But that wouldn't make him a cool figure, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

I get that about Plundor, but not Nepthu. Of course I also happen to like the FFM, and am not a big hater of Spector, so...(shrugs).
    I actually like the FFM too, I only picked them because of the amount of people that complain about them. Spector I'm more indifferent to. I think there are worse figures in the line, but I know he's the most hated by popular vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No backlash could be worse than the Star Sisters. A $25 figure is alot easier to get rid of than a $75-80 3 pack.
    I like the Star Sisters, but they did have to grow on me, I admit that. I do agree with hating the 3 figures at a time whammy. I like having them in my collection, but the thought of getting them one at a time and taking up 3 monthly slot is very unappealing, or worse, Mattel only getting to release 2 of them and never getting the third. UGH. So while I wasn't thrilled with the price, I'm glad to have them.

So I just watched Temple of the Sun, not a bad episode, still would not be thrilled with Nepthu, but if they have to make him, then give him the Scarab of Power and the Diamond Falcon and I would be happy. I think for these obscure characters, they need to include the artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    So I just watched Temple of the Sun, not a bad episode, still would not be thrilled with Nepthu, but if they have to make him, then give him the Scarab of Power and the Diamond Falcon and I would be happy. I think for these obscure characters, they need to include the artifacts.
    No! No more Zoar variants ever again!!! I long for the day when we can finally hear ToyGuru say: "Zoar and that Trap-Jaw leg look are now retired..."

Heroic Warrior
    I'll be honest, while he's not a character I really remembered from the show and I don't think he has a lot of the flair of many others, I'm pretty much cool with getting any MOTU figures. I have to wonder though - *if* duke is spot-on on this, and he doesn't seem to miss too often, it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be in the main subscription as a single figure. He could be part of a separate sub that's been "rumored" (or rather, wished for) or even a multi-pack.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Damn! I forgot ALL about the Jetlag characters! Well, add Mara and Crita to my list above and we're done! Save Sebrian for next year...
    Crita would blow my mind if she was revealed at NYTF...I just don't think it will happen yet.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Crita would blow my mind if she was revealed at NYTF...I just don't think it will happen yet.
    I agree I would squeal with joy at a Crita or Mara reveal!!!!!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I watched another couple of episodes and the Gryphon looks like it could use the Granamyr buck. Really goofy, but I would like to have it in the collection. I just dont think he would sell at $80 though. Just a thought.

I wonder though, if they came out with Battle Lion, then you could reuse the head for the Gryphon. Though it may be too small.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I'd take a Nepthu. Though my Number 1 Filmation is Plundor!!

Wonder what the chances are of General Sundar? We saw it with Snake Men 2pack and Rattlor sharing, So GS and Horde Troopers? However as much as I want HT's, after signing up to two Castles for 2013, I'd like the chance to save up and buy an army of them in early 2014
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Who in their right mind would want Nepthu? The guy didn't even leave his house the entire time and only made things out of sand. Even the episode he was in was pretty useless.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    No! No more Zoar variants ever again!!! I long for the day when we can finally hear ToyGuru say: "Zoar and that Trap-Jaw leg look are now retired..."
    I completely agree... We know that Mattel has always reused parts for the vintage and classics line to save costs... As much as I can understand the reuse of parts, I sometimes feel that they are doing this too often... More than the Zoar variants, I am really fed up with the Trap Jaw Legs. I dont' think that they are really appropriate for Optikk and Karatti. I think it's time they tried using new parts for some characters...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

As for Scott "liking" Nepthu, I make this assumption for a few reasons, not the least of which is that he mentioned him. When Scott mentioned a character, it shows up in the line soon after... Unless of course it's a POP character (still waiting for that Peekablue figure to go along with the Optikk that were both mentioned at NYCC in 2009).

So maybe he doesn't "like" him, but then again, maybe he does. Maybe he's one of the characters he was drawn to. Who knows? It doesn't matter.

What does matter is that there are probably many other characters who could be made as cheaply as a Nepthu figure who probably should be given priority (just based on the notion that the line is not going to go on for another five years).

Feedback from the customer base is important. Nepthu wouldn't be horrible. Will he sell? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I would be THRILLED to see Plundor!
    So would I. (runs and hides from thrown tomatoes).

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Making obscure Filmation characters before favorite ones would be the worst choice at the moment...
    This is just, plainly, true. . That's a realistic concern.
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 2, 2013 at 07:09am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Posted from iOS app