Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

I'm gonna throw my desire for a Pludor figure into the ring!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I think obscure & fan favorites go hand in hand, to a degree, 'cause some of the fan faves ARE obscure.
    Does Galactus fart?

I'd rather have to buy a 5-pack of Plundor and the NA Scientists than buy Nepthu.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Plundor would also have to stink!

I have nothing against fans/collectors that want either Nepthu or Plundor, but I personally think either character should be held until the very end. There are many more characters, even obscure ones, that are more requested than these two characters. The ones I see the most are:

Shokoti
    Masque
    Melaktha
    Icer
    Strong Arm
    Batros
    Granita
    Seahawk
    Madame Razz and Broom
    Huntara
    Hunga the Harpy
    General Sunder
    Scorpia
    Vultak
    Dylamug
    Admiral Scurvy
    Chef Allen
    Evilseed
    Kothos
    General Tataran
    Uncle Montork
    Dree-Elle
    Delora/Hawk
    Lizard Man
    Kittrina
    Negator
    Enchantress
    King Miro

If it were up to me, I would do the following...

Stonedar/Granita/Rokkon 3-pack as the SDCC exclusive. You get two vintage figures PLUS a requested Filmation character. And the 4H have said many times they love sculpting the beast/monster women of MOTU/PoP.

Have one more Filmation character in the regular 2013 sub, like Batros.

Have a 6 figure Filmation add-on sub, with a mix of demanded figures: Seahawk, Shokoti, Dylamug, Icer, Evilseed, Kothos

Have a secondary SDCC exclusive of Chef Allen, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Filmation series. He can even come in packaging shaped like a slice of Eternian birthday cake.

Then offer 1 or 2 non-sub multi-packs: like Melaktha/Masque or Crita/Darius/Mara

Make characters like Plundor and Nepthu an additional Con exclusive, or even an exclusive figure offered through sites like Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth. The DCUC vs MOTUC set that was offered 2 years ago (with Battle Armor Faker) is going for a ton of money on Ebay now.

I would hope they get to Plundor BEFORE Chef Allen!!! As for SDCC exclusive....I tho.k people would revolt if either was the case over someone like Madame Razz!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I have nothing against fans/collectors that want either Nepthu or Plundor, but I personally think either character should be held until the very end. There are many more characters, even obscure ones, that are more requested than these two characters. The ones I see the most are:

Shokoti
    Masque
    Melaktha
    Icer
    Strong Arm
    Batros
    Granita
    Seahawk
    Madame Razz and Broom
    Huntara
    Hunga the Harpy
    General Sunder
    Scorpia
    Vultak
    Dylamug
    Admiral Scurvy
    Chef Allen
    Evilseed
    Kothos
    General Tataran
    Uncle Montork
    Dree-Elle
    Delora/Hawk
    Lizard Man
    Kittrina
    Negator
    Enchantress
    King Miro

Stonedar/Granita/Rokkon 3-pack as the SDCC exclusive. You get two vintage figures PLUS a requested Filmation character. And the 4H have said many times they love sculpting the beast/monster women of MOTU/PoP.

Have a 6 figure Filmation add-on sub, with a mix of demanded figures: Seahawk, Shokoti, Dylamug, Icer, Evilseed, Kothos

Have a secondary SDCC exclusive of Chef Allen, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Filmation series. He can even come in packaging shaped like a slice of Eternian birthday cake.

Then offer 1 or 2 non-sub multi-packs: like Melaktha/Masque or Crita/Darius/Mara

Make characters like Plundor and Nepthu an additional Con exclusive, or even an exclusive figure offered through sites like Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth. The DCUC vs MOTUC set that was offered 2 years ago (with Battle Armor Faker) is going for a ton of money on Ebay now.

The reason why I’ve got a connection to Plundor is just because I completely love the episode. Its definitely one of my favourites. It’s utterly outlandish and ridiculous. Its MOTU by the way of Dr. Seuss. Not just in the story and characters, but also in the animation.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I'd rather have to buy a 5-pack of Plundor and the NA Scientists than buy Nepthu.

"Say 'NO' to Nepthu,
    say 'YES' to a whole lot more!"

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

One fan can make any character "fan demanded". I think that term is used way too loosely to justify a lot of figures that don't really have a broad appeal across the fan community.

Yes^ and I don't even know who the NA scientists are.

Please please please give me plundar! And songster darn it.

You deserve what you get then.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I'm hoping to see these guys:

Two-Bad
    Horde Troopers
    Mantenna
    Shokoti
    Sea Hawk
    Lord Dactys
    Evil Seed (MYP)
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I hope Mantenna but I think he will be in 2014. I agree with bcrduke on the Filmation stuff,they just bought that so why not go nuts. Plus, when is bcrduke wrong!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

When is the Matty Panel at the show (I think it's usually on the 1st day Sunday--but not sure )

i want a lot of Filmation characters before Nepthu also LET'S NOT FORGET THAT FILAMTION RIGHTS ALSO INCLUDE JET LAG AND GOLDEN BOOKS (i.e. CRITA< MARA< MASTER SEBRIAN AND GOAT MAN)!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

If the extra figures end up being Filmation-focused, it makes sense to get in some lesser-wanted Filmation characters in there, too, I suppose, depending on how they're packed out. The more popular ones can stay in the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    When is the Matty Panel at the show (I think it's usually on the 1st day Sunday--but not sure )
    The reveals are usually in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday about 1:00 or 2:00 eastern i believe.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    The reveals are usually in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday about 1:00 or 2:00 eastern i believe.
    Ok, Thanks! Can't wait for Extendar to be revealed

SHOKOTI!

Enough said.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I, for one, would quite enjoy getting Nepthu. Temple of the Sun is a classic episode. But what would he come with besides his Ankh thingy with the scarab on it?

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    But what would he come with besides his Ankh thingy with the scarab on it?
    To start with, a shirt and some pants. And then maybe some socks.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    To start with, a shirt and some pants. And then maybe some socks.
    Best. Reply. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If the extra figures end up being Filmation-focused, it makes sense to get in some lesser-wanted Filmation characters in there, too, I suppose, depending on how they're packed out. The more popular ones can stay in the sub.
    Absolutely agree. Bigger and moderately well-remembered characters like Shadow Weaver, Octavia and Fang Man will be just fine in the regular line, as, I think will some of the other big ones likes Masque and Lizard Man. If there was a Filmation sub, they'd really only need to include maybe one really special character, maybe a General Sunder or Dylamug, and let the others be mid-roaders that would have otherwise tanked in the main sub.
    Last edited by Madison Carter; January 2, 2013 at 05:07pm.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar

That would be pretty cool, though I believe that some characters (like Masque and Shokoti) would make more sense if packed together...

By the way, and even though I'd love to have a Rock People 3 pack sooner than later, I doubt they'd release two vintage characters in an SDCC Exclusive multipack... Many fans would complain if these characters were released out of the sub... Maybe they should release less wanted characters (Twiggets or Trollan multipacks) for SDCC...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Shokoti
    Masque
    Melaktha
    Icer
    Strong Arm
    Batros
    Granita
    Seahawk
    Madame Razz and Broom
    Huntara
    Hunga the Harpy
    General Sunder
    Scorpia
    Vultak
    Dylamug
    Admiral Scurvy
    Chef Allen
    Evilseed
    Kothos
    General Tataran
    Uncle Montork
    Dree-Elle
    Delora/Hawk
    Lizard Man
    Kittrina
    Negator
    Enchantress
    King Miro
    If we got everyone of these figures on this list, then I would be a very happy man. I dont know all of them, but a lot you mentioned are very popular, I would add Plundar, Songster, Imp, Kowl, and Lookee and then I would be a very, very happy man.