Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I, for one, would quite enjoy getting Nepthu. Temple of the Sun is a classic episode. But what would he come with besides his Ankh thingy with the scarab on it?

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rzo/Nepthu.jpg
    http://delstar.org/heman/thumb_sun_temple_02.jpg
    http://sharetv.org/images/guide/238499.jpg
    http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/c5UmIxXU4Rc/0.jpg
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...yED/Nepthu.jpg
    Yawn. NepthWHO? Kidding

Snappy Threader
    I wonder if a Filmation sub would be expanded to more of a "Media Sub" including the Books (Goat Man, Gnolls, Trog, Orcs etc.), Movie (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor), Comics/Magazines (Wizard Tarrak, Crimson Fury, Blaster etc.). Just a thought. I know we have a ton of Filmation characters, but with all of these too....like I said, just a thought.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    To start with, a shirt and some pants. And then maybe some socks.
    Yeah Benihana, because lots of MOTU characters have a wardrobe like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Yawn. NepthWHO? Kidding
    It's all good. I can see how he could be a boring figure to some people. However, he's not as boring a figure as someone like Melaktha to me. I'll take any Filmation characters, and especially villains.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Aside from my guess/hope that a Filmation sub of some sort will be revealed, I'm also of the mind that other reveals could be:

Aug Monthly Figure: Hydron
    Sept Monthly Figure: Flogg
    Q4 $50 Slot: Horde Trooper Two-Pack

I think we'll see the SDCC exclusive later in the springtime, and that SDCC 2013 will show Oct & beyond's offerings...

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I wonder if a Filmation sub would be expanded to more of a "Media Sub" including the Books (Goat Man, Gnolls, Trog, Orcs etc.), Movie (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor), Comics/Magazines (Wizard Tarrak, Crimson Fury, Blaster etc.). Just a thought. I know we have a ton of Filmation characters, but with all of these too....like I said, just a thought.
    Yes please...get goat man in there too.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    `You forgot the Jetlag rights came along with that which can give us CRITA, MARA, and Master Sebrian, as well as Drissi, Caz, and the scientists.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    Nepthu would be just fine, and the fact that he only appeared in one or two episodes should not be enough to make people rise up in hate over this character. Most of the Filmation characters that people ARE consistently asking for only appeared in one or two episodes. Nepthu is no less visually interesting than Icer.

If we get him, I trust that the 4H would add tweaks here and there. I would also count on additional Filmation accessories or parts missing from other figures such as Rattlor's armor or Strobo's gun that would make him more interesting.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I'm wounded that Tamusk's list didn't include Kothos!

Also, where is the love for Zagraz the Comet Keeper?

I'm sure when the fans see the 4 Horsemen work their magic on Nepthu, folk will agree his figure fits in this line quite effectively alongside Wun-Dar, Vykron, Stratos and Kronis. And he will be positively over dressed compared to Oolar.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well...

I'm going to bet we see a bunch of Filmation characters.

I bet we see some very much wanted ones and maybe a couple that NO ONE has asked for.

Scott likes Nepthu. Based on that, and my general intuition . I bet we see that character.
    C'mon Duke, more hints on the most wanted, I only read these guessing threads to see your post !

Oh and give me the entire Rebellion before this Nephtu!
    Last edited by bianchi5; January 3, 2013 at 09:01am.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Yeah Benihana, because lots of MOTU characters have a wardrobe like that.
    But this guy even more so, Mizzo. He's walking around in nothing but tighty-whiteys. And he has no socks. Look at his shin protectors. He has no boots no nothing underneath. He's just a guy walking around in his underwear and a tie tied around his waist.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    All I can say is I want a Eldor to go with my He-ro, I think it would be great if he had a new slightly thiner or less ripped buck, I guess thinner arms may work, and I want this guy to look old, so the guy who sculpted Fisto/Jitsu would be a great artist for he job,
    Also he should have a sculpted version of the real twig/stick that the proto was shown with, that and his book of course.

This thread goes to show how much life is left in the line if it was handled properly. There are probably almost 50 figures just from Filmation that I would buy. I know that not everyone will be a grand slam and I am not even considering Nepthu, who would be like a bunt or something, but many would be very decent figures. The list posted earlier, which was missing quite a few figures was about 40 by itself. Then you add in the remaining vintage, POP, and NA and you could easily pump out another 75 to 100 figures total that I would want to buy. It makes me very sad to think this line is in its twilight stages. I hope that we, as a community, and Mattel can stretch this out for as long as possible. I really think that Mattel needs to put a lot of effort in ensuring all figures come out w/o QC issues. I can tolerate late figures a lot more if I new they were quality efforts.

^ 100% agree orbles.

From my wish list...

35 Evil Warriors/Mutants/independant
    41 Masters/Gaurdians
    22 Horde
    8 Snake Men
    20 POP/GR

Thats 126 not including beasts, vehicles & playsets. If they do it right they could keep me around forever. Plus I'd be willing to bet I'd want even more once I saw them. Here's hoping for many more years....and Dylamug's reveal at NYTF!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    ^ 100% agree orbles.

From my wish list...

35 Evil Warriors/Mutants/independant
    41 Masters/Gaurdians
    22 Horde
    8 Snake Men
    20 POP/GR

Thats 126 not including beasts, vehicles & playsets. If they do it right they could keep me around forever. Plus I'd be willing to bet I'd want even more once I saw them. Here's hoping for many more years....and Dylamug's reveal at NYTF!
    22 horde?!?! Didn't realize there were that many!

There are about 30 more characters I'm hoping for. If I see any one of them I'll be very happy.

22 Horde??? 8 Snake Men??? Hmmm...now I want to try and figure this out...

Horde - Mantenna, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-Bot, Scorpia, Vultak, Dylamug, Horde Trooper, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Inspector Darkney, Calix, Horde Wraith, Dark Rider, Shower Power Catra, Scratchin' Sound Catra, the 3 Horde Invaders, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Buzzsaw Hordak

Snake Men - Tung Lasher, Squeeeeze, Blast Attak, King Hssss' Slave Girl, Camo Khan, 3 remaining MYP Snake Men Warriors

Did I get this right?

I think there are about 29 Horde if you count everything.

Entrapta, Col. Blast, Mummy, Cat form Catra & I'll just take BS Hordak armor.
    Snake Goddess, Mek & Teela.

If you look at everything the brand has to offer...the well is pretty deep & I'm thirsty. Granted, we don't need a lot of them and big guns should come first, but I like variety.

At Toy Fair I have quite a few chances to get something I want. Hopefully some heavy hitters.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    If customer service continues to improve, along with QC and shipping and DIGITAL RIVER, there's no reason why this line needs to be in its Twilight stages. Some of those are big IFs, I realize. It would also help to have a few additional core characters available all the time. I'm thinking the likes of Orko, Teela, MAA, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap Jaw, Evil Lyn, and maybe Horde Troopers. I know Mattel does not want to sit on inventory, but they are not helping themselves by making it too hard to get a reasonably complete selection of core characters if one is new to the line. I know these would be slower sell-thrus, and I understand why Mattel is so hesitant to do reissues, but it seems to me that apart from bottom line considerations, it is wise to keep the brand as strong as possible, especially at this Internet-only stage just before a movie. And a good way to do that would be a reasonable selection of always available core characters.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I don't mind Nepthu, I enjoyed the episode he was in and liked the fact that he was an idependent villain. He's overall look is right up there with the early MOTU figures.

If they do a Filmation sub or two packs etc, then it makes sense that they will have major names in there as well as inbetweeners and z-listers.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    A Nepthu/Plundor two pack would be a big hit!

I am sorry, but between the Star Wars bunny, I think his name it Jaxon or something like that, and Plundor, there has to be a bunny in my collection and I dont have one yet. I believe there is a bunny in TMNT, but I dont have that one either.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Haha! It'd be a big s...something...

You know, there is a connection between Nepthu and Batros - the Temple of the Sun - so they may make an interesting two-pack.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'd buy it just for the Plundor.
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I am sorry, but between the Star Wars bunny, I think his name it Jaxon or something like that, and Plundor, there has to be a bunny in my collection and I dont have one yet. I believe there is a bunny in TMNT, but I dont have that one either.
    Takara released a transforming bunny in their Beast Wars Neo toyline called Stampy. I have him and he's a pretty neat Transformer. For a Japanese exclusive, he's pretty easy to find and affordable.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Hasbro needs to release a Jaxxon (two x's ) figure pronto.

Heroic Warrior
    You could always track down Bucky O'Hare from the late 80s/early 90s. He's green too, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Hasbro needs to release a Jaxxon (two x's ) figure pronto.
    With Lucas, who hated the character, out of the way and with Star Wars and Marvel (who created Jaxxon) both under Disney now, I wouldn't be surprised to see one eventually.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

My guesses:

-StrongArm
    -Mermista
    -Two Bad
    - Flogg
    - Mantena