Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 450

Thread: NYTF 2013 Speculation

  1. #201
    Heroic Warrior Beastmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I am sorry, but between the Star Wars bunny, I think his name it Jaxon or something like that, and Plundor, there has to be a bunny in my collection and I dont have one yet. I believe there is a bunny in TMNT, but I dont have that one either.
    The Turtles-bunny was Usagi Yojimbo, a crossover, since Usagi is a famous comic book series about a samurai rabbit in feudal Japan by Stan Sakai.

  2. #202
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    1,958
    -Shower Power Catra
    -Storm
    -Eldor/Mentor
    -Blast Attack
    -Darius


  3. #203
    Heroic Warrior Beastmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    -Shower Power Catra
    -Storm
    -Eldor/Mentor
    -Blast Attack
    -Darius

    I would love to see Blast-Attak! My favourite character! But I fear he will be one of the last in the line...

  4. #204
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,155
    I'm amazed that not a single person has mentioned HE-RO, SON OF HE-MAN, even when it was stated some odd months ago that that era would be included in this line. I'm not complaining...just saying.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  5. #205
    Eternian Sorcerer zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    11,939
    Little to no interest could explain it. Watch, they'll go ahead and create an outside-the-sub wave of 6 figures- and they'll all be from He-Ro, Son Of He-Man... LOL!

  6. #206
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Little to no interest could explain it.
    Entirely possible. I thought of that myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Watch, they'll go ahead and create an outside-the-sub wave of 6 figures- and they'll all be from He-Ro, Son Of He-Man... LOL!
    That could be. BCR DUKE mentioned a lot of FILMATION stuff....his word is as good as gold, so that's pretty much a done deal. But maybe there will be a HE-RO Sub and a FILMATION Sub, both. Who knows?
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  7. #207
    Heroic Warrior enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    845
    My favorite era is preternia. My second favorite could potentialy be the son of he-man era. There is so much unknown potential there. Id love any figure from them two eras over ram man or any 200x abomination era. Just saying.

  8. #208
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    I also have some obscure characters I wish to see, but I understand that those characters wouldn`t sell well, if they`re getting made.

    This line currently needs strong, good selling figures to stay alive and I think, that every faction has such characters. But hardcore fans should recognize last sales of Filmation Randor, Dekker, Procrustus & Granamyr. The large scale products are still vailable after several weeks and Procrustus has a sub behind his back.

    Customers spoke with their wallets.

  9. #209
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I also have some obscure characters I wish to see, but I understand that those characters wouldn`t sell well, if they`re getting made.

    This line currently needs strong, good selling figures to stay alive and I think, that every faction has such characters. But hardcore fans should recognize last sales of Filmation Randor, Dekker, Procrustus & Granamyr. The large scale products are still vailable after several weeks and Procrustus has a sub behind his back.

    Customers spoke with their wallets.
    Yeah but don't forget TG said in advance the entire stock of Granamyr & Procrusus was running late. and in several shipments. Some people didn't order day of sale because of that. I got Procrustus with my sub and My two granamyrs shipped day after sale day. i like both large figures. glad I got them

  10. #210
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I'm amazed that not a single person has mentioned HE-RO, SON OF HE-MAN, even when it was stated some odd months ago that that era would be included in this line. I'm not complaining...just saying.
    What I am about to say is my opinion. It is not meant to offend anyone. It is simply my point of view.

    Honestly, I have absolutely no desire AT ALL to own anything from Son of He-Man in MOTUC. I know others like it, and that's cool. But, to me, this isn't He-Man. This is a pitch for a cartoon series that never got made, and for good reason. It is terrible. I am actually very disappointed that they are even considering adding this in, since it was never core (cannon) material. It never went into production, it never had prototypes, it never got past the pitch stage. This is just glorified fan fiction. And the concept is a poor rehash of what we already have...

    Dare = Prince Adam
    He-Ro = He-Man
    Kayla = Teela
    Craven = Cringer
    Battle Bird = Battle Cat
    Skeletor = Skeletor (not even a new main bad guy)

    Have you seen the concept art? Those character designs are horrid. Plus, I am not a fan of the new mini-comics and those stories, so I can only imagine what will happen when the powers-that-be take this plot and try to work their magic on it. We already got a hint of it with gems like Sir Laser Lot and the Mighty Spector...Ugh....

    Rather then delve into something that never was, nor meant to be, why not actually explore more of Powers of Grayskull IF they feel the need to expand on the line. He-Ro, Eldor, Sharella, the Snake Men - develop their stories and add to their allies/enemies. This was originally part of the TRUE development of the line, back in the eighties. This is cannon. Or, make a new batch of villains; it's what they did back in the 80's. After Skeletor, there was Hordak and the Evil Horde. After the Horde, came the King Hssss and the Snake Men. So, who is the next bunch of bad guys? And who are the new heroes to help challenge them? This...THIS is what I would rather see, if they truly feel the line needs expanding. But really, does it?

    At the moment, especially after acquiring Filmation rights and the dozens of characters available that have NEVER been made as toys before, isn't there enough material to "expand the brand"? I can think of at least 18-24 Filmation characters that would make great figures, and that would be 2 years of monthly sub toys right there, stricly Filmation! Then you have mini-comic characters, like Lodar, Garn, Prince Dakon, the Masks of Power Demons...200X characters, like Veena, Prahvus, Lord Dactys, Kulatak, Calix...vintage comic characters, like Crimson Fury, Shezar, Queen Zal and Bruar....and even Golden Book and LadyBird characters, like Goat Man and the Skelcons. All of which have vintage roots or part of the cannon.

    So, to me, there is plenty of legitimate material to expand the brand in ways that have never been done before in any previous MOTU toy line, which I feel are much more deserving of seeing plastic than a failed cartoon pitch.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 5, 2013 at 12:46am.

  11. #211
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Yeah but don't forget TG said in advance the entire stock of Granamyr & Procrusus was running late. and in several shipments. Some people didn't order day of sale because of that. I got Procrustus with my sub and My two granamyrs shipped day after sale day. i like both large figures. glad I got them
    I got a fellow fan who searched a Procrustus figure on the secondary market and got a huge amount of messages with people wanting to get rid of Procrustus. I don't think, that he appeal to the casual customer.

  12. #212
    Heroic Warrior MrRoboto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    2,794
    Not sure if this has been answered but do you think we'll find out the identity of the figure who'll come with the White Horde Crossbow (with red eyes) at NYTF?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

    *MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

  13. #213
    Gimme Granita! Scorpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,429
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Not sure if this has been answered but do you think we'll find out the identity of the figure who'll come with the White Horde Crossbow (with red eyes) at NYTF?
    I'm sure we will - my guess goes to Calix, but I'd prefer to see the Troopers, Horde-wise.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

  14. #214
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,933
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Rather then delve into something that never was, nor meant to be, why not actually explore more of Powers of Grayskull IF they feel the need to expand on the line.
    Well yeah but much of what's left to develop/make into toys from PoG (remembering that beasts like the dinosaurs are probably off the table because of cost), is as much a "never was" as the He-Ro 2 stuff. There's Eldor.....Sharella possibly, although she's the Goddess now. There's stuff that MOTUC and 200x added, and believe me I'd LOVE to get those Council of Wisdom characters from the MVC comic, but is that a whole lot more compelling than He-Ro son of He-Man to most fans? IMO they should be, but that's just one more checkbox on the "Thing to change when I conquer the universe" list. At the moment I think the two characters with the most recognition here are Eldor and Dare because they get mentioned a lot.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  15. #215
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Well yeah but much of what's left to develop/make into toys from PoG (remembering that beasts like the dinosaurs are probably off the table because of cost), is as much a "never was" as the He-Ro 2 stuff. There's Eldor.....Sharella possibly, although she's the Goddess now. There's stuff that MOTUC and 200x added, and believe me I'd LOVE to get those Council of Wisdom characters from the MVC comic, but is that a whole lot more compelling than He-Ro son of He-Man to most fans? IMO they should be, but that's just one more checkbox on the "Thing to change when I conquer the universe" list. At the moment I think the two characters with the most recognition here are Eldor and Dare because they get mentioned a lot.
    I complete get what you're saying. And that basically leads into my point. The last portion of my comment was about how it's not necessary, at this point anyway, to introduce new characters. There are literally hundreds of characters, all from existing media, that are waiting to be a figure; vintage MOTU, vintage PoP, vintage NA, 200X (MYP), the varius comics, international comics, Golden Books, Ladybird books, mini-comics, Filmation, Jetlag, MC Creations...In my opinion, they already have more options for figures than they have skus to make them. And I'm not talking super obscure characters, like the warrior in yellow, but actually characters that stories focused on or have appeal to them. There is absolutely no reason to expand the line; especially with something that is meant to be a collectors line for those nostalgic of the franchise's history. Plus, Eldor IS legitimate MOTU cannon, while Dare isn't. And I think the whole Son of He-Man idea is just a bad one. Apparently, others agreed with me, since it never got made.

    On a side note, I have heard there was more planned for PoG that we just haven't seen. It was being developed, but has never been shared with the public. It would be cool to see all of those concepts/prototypes one day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Not sure if this has been answered but do you think we'll find out the identity of the figure who'll come with the White Horde Crossbow (with red eyes) at NYTF?
    Most people are guessing it will be revealed at NYTF, because anytime they throw in a "sneak peak" item the figure is revealed at the very next show; the serpent ring, Snake Face's shield, Clamp Champ's clamp weapon, etc.

    I think it's part of a new weapons pak. While others think it belongs to Mantenna or Calix. I doubt it is for the Horde Troopers though.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 5, 2013 at 02:15pm.

  16. #216
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,387
    For NYTF, I'm expecting news about the Movie ! I really expect that !

  17. #217
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,862
    About He-Ro, son of He-Man :

    This new faction seems to have plenty of potential. Unfortunately, concentrated into the hands of Toyguru and the Mattel design team, it's a recipe for disaster. I won't shoot down in flames the whole concept yet, though : the 30th anniversary thing was not stellar, sure, but we still got Draego-Man. All I know is that I probably won't collect the new He-Ro son of He-Man faction (unless all the figures are wonderful, but I'd say chances aren't very high).

    Releasing a He-Ro, son of He-Man faction at this point might backfire and cause the demise of the line altogether : there is a HUGE demand for SOME figures and characters (vintage MOTU, POP and Filmation, mainly). THESE characters deserve to be made as soon as possible. Let me remind you that's what TG promised that 2014 (IF there's ever a MOTUC line in 2014, that is) would be loaded with fan-demanded figures, and would help complete the vintage rosters... So, in my opinion, coming with a new, non-requested faction (He-Ro, son of He-Man) would be totally unwise, and unwelcome to say the least.

  18. #218
    Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    About He-Ro, son of He-Man :

    This new faction seems to have plenty of potential. Unfortunately, concentrated into the hands of Toyguru and the Mattel design team, it's a recipe for disaster. I won't shoot down in flames the whole concept yet, though : the 30th anniversary thing was not stellar, sure, but we still got Draego-Man. All I know is that I probably won't collect the new He-Ro son of He-Man faction (unless all the figures are wonderful, but I'd say chances aren't very high).

    Releasing a He-Ro, son of He-Man faction at this point might backfire and cause the demise of the line altogether : there is a HUGE demand for SOME figures and characters (vintage MOTU, POP and Filmation, mainly). THESE characters deserve to be made as soon as possible. Let me remind you that's what TG promised that 2014 (IF there's ever a MOTUC line in 2014, that is) would be loaded with fan-demanded figures, and would help complete the vintage rosters... So, in my opinion, coming with a new, non-requested faction (He-Ro, son of He-Man) would be totally unwise, and unwelcome to say the least.
    I feel the same way!

  19. #219
    Heroic Warrior enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    I feel the same way!

    Totally disagree!

  20. #220
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    About He-Ro, son of He-Man :

    This new faction seems to have plenty of potential. Unfortunately, concentrated into the hands of Toyguru and the Mattel design team, it's a recipe for disaster. I won't shoot down in flames the whole concept yet, though : the 30th anniversary thing was not stellar, sure, but we still got Draego-Man. All I know is that I probably won't collect the new He-Ro son of He-Man faction (unless all the figures are wonderful, but I'd say chances aren't very high).

    Releasing a He-Ro, son of He-Man faction at this point might backfire and cause the demise of the line altogether : there is a HUGE demand for SOME figures and characters (vintage MOTU, POP and Filmation, mainly). THESE characters deserve to be made as soon as possible. Let me remind you that's what TG promised that 2014 (IF there's ever a MOTUC line in 2014, that is) would be loaded with fan-demanded figures, and would help complete the vintage rosters... So, in my opinion, coming with a new, non-requested faction (He-Ro, son of He-Man) would be totally unwise, and unwelcome to say the least.
    I completely agree.

  21. #221
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,808
    Last three posts were hilarious. Piggie in the middle.

  22. #222
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    About He-Ro, son of He-Man :

    This new faction seems to have plenty of potential. Unfortunately, concentrated into the hands of Toyguru and the Mattel design team, it's a recipe for disaster. I won't shoot down in flames the whole concept yet, though : the 30th anniversary thing was not stellar, sure, but we still got Draego-Man. All I know is that I probably won't collect the new He-Ro son of He-Man faction (unless all the figures are wonderful, but I'd say chances aren't very high).

    Releasing a He-Ro, son of He-Man faction at this point might backfire and cause the demise of the line altogether : there is a HUGE demand for SOME figures and characters (vintage MOTU, POP and Filmation, mainly). THESE characters deserve to be made as soon as possible. Let me remind you that's what TG promised that 2014 (IF there's ever a MOTUC line in 2014, that is) would be loaded with fan-demanded figures, and would help complete the vintage rosters... So, in my opinion, coming with a new, non-requested faction (He-Ro, son of He-Man) would be totally unwise, and unwelcome to say the least.
    This sums up how I feel. I am not against the idea, but now would be bad timing, REALLY bad timing to devote resources towards making figures in an entirely new line. Especially when we hear how the line barely made the minimum and the future is so uncertain.

    There are main characters from the various factions that should be the focus (Glimmer, Aneglla, Hydron, Flogg etc), as well as great secondary characters (Castaspella, Mermista Quakke, Sagaitar etc). Then there are Filmation and Jetlag characters like Crita and Mara and Scorpia and Sea Hawk that fans have always wanted and never got. These characters should get a shot long before brand new figures get made.

    It is just not a good time for a new faction, even if it is a separate sub line. Even if it is supposedly using "different resources" there is no reason that it could not be a NA sub line, or a PoP subline or a "fan demanded character" subline.

    A "Son of He-man" would be a cool thing to get, don't get me wrong. But this is bad timing. 2016? That would work much better.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

    Also...get her into the line!

    Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

  23. #223
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,340
    It's 36 days until the NYTF reveals. I am wondering if the 2013 subscribers will receive any email sneak peaks before then? I hope so. Speaking of hoping...I posted about what I think will be shown, not I'll post what I HOPE will be shown:

    Monthly
    AUGUST - Blast Attak
    SEPTEMBER - Mermista

    Non-Sub
    Weapons Pak 4 (w/ white Horde crossbow, Rattlor's armor, and Strobo's gun)
    Castle Grayskull prototype
    Stridor
    Modulok
    Gore-illa/Astro-lion Meteorbs 2-pack

    Filmation Add-on Sub
    Scorpia
    Icer
    Evilseed
    Kothos
    Dylamug
    Shokoti

    Multi-paks
    Glimmer/Angella
    Lord Dactys/Kulatak Eldor
    Masque/Melaktha
    Masks of Power Demons

    Convention Exclusives
    Chef Allen (30th anniversary of Filmation MOTU)

    Eric did say that they had roughly 12-15 figures ready, so it's possible they will show that much at NYTF with the "surprises" in store. Who knows. I have my hopes up for a lot, hence my huge wishlist.

  24. #224
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,808
    I so badly want Dylamug, Filmation Hordak and Evilseed figures. I would expire a happy man.

  25. #225
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by king tamusk View Post
    it's 36 days until the nytf reveals. I am wondering if the 2013 subscribers will receive any email sneak peaks before then? I hope so. Speaking of hoping...i posted about what i think will be shown, not i'll post what i hope will be shown:

    ...

    multi-paks
    glimmer/angella
    lord dactys/kulatak eldor
    masque/melaktha
    masks of power demons

    convention exclusives
    chef allen (30th anniversary of filmation motu)

    eric did say that they had roughly 12-15 figures ready, so it's possible they will show that much at nytf with the "surprises" in store. Who knows. I have my hopes up for a lot, hence my huge wishlist.

    Chef Allen? An anniversary exclusive?

    You must be kidding me? He is a cook! I donīt need a cook as a MOTUC action figure. Give me Lizard-Man, Dree-Elle, Icer, Skeletors Hover-Robots or Imp but not a annoying chef.

    Lord Dactys should come with Ceratus. They where both introduced as former allies in MYPs Underworld.

    And Glimmer has to come alone! She deserves to be a single carded figure(as does everyone). If someone could have been paired it should have been Netossa and Spinnerella.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •