Thread: The Year 2012

Apokoliptian Ravager Mr. Roboto's Avatar

The Year 2012

Well, folks, it won't be much longer and it will be 2013. So what exactly was 2012 for you?

This year we lost a lot of celebrities:

• Whitney Houston
    • Davy Jones
    • **** Clark
    • Donna Summer
    • Robin Gibb
    • Andy Griffith
    • Ernest Borgnine
    • Jon Lord
    • Sherman Helmsley
    • Neil Armstrong
    • Joe Kubert
    • Larry Hagman

As for me, personally, there's not much to say, but some things did happen. In March, I had to have my cat euthanized. He was 16 years old. We took him in in 1998, shortly after my dad died. We took him to the vet where there was a poster in the office of him. The vet called the number and the person on the other end denied that this was their cat. The cat was estimated to be 2 years old, so my mother had the vet give him a check up, had him fixed, and we adopted him. He was part of our lives for 14 wonderful years. We both miss him very much today. He'd lost a lot of weight and the vet felt he was dealing with cancer. So, we had him put down. He was suffering.

On a more positive note, 11/11/12 was a great day for me due to the fact my mother had lived one full year after being diagnosed with a low aggressive, low invasive bladder cancer. The doctor said her prognosis was good, but she will have to be very diligent about cancer check ups. She's had two cancer surgeries to have nodules removed and she's bounced back nicely.
    She's a tough old broad!

A really cool event for me this year was on 7/31/12 when KISS/Motley Crue tour came to my neck of the woods. Despite the high price, I bought a concert ticket and it turned out to be worth every penny. I've been a KISS fan for 26 years now. I knew the Crue had highly theatrical shows themselves. But after seeing this show, I say that the Crue can go toe to toe with KISS in theatricality!
    The day before the show, we had a HUGE rainstorm in the area where the venue was. In fact, the fire department was called in to pump the standing water OUT of the parking lot! This meant that the crews couldn't get busy setting up the stages until an hour later than normal. But they did great! Both bands praised their crews. And it was hot that day! I was so hot that I drank TWO 20 oz Cokes…despite their $5 price tags!

Let's just hope we'll have some things to celebrate in 2013.

Next!
    "Once a symbol of terror, I will make this a symbol of honor."

For me 2012 was the year I discovered Classics, got my son interested in MOTU, Got ordained and started performing weddings, and concieved our second son who will be born in May. I also was able to attend Batman Live and a couple WWE events which were fun. Not too bad but I hope next year is better!

Beat out my previous worst year which was 1993

Mom was diagnosed with cancer in the spring, died in the fall.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

2012 was a good year for me. After successfully removing a few toxic friends from my life, it has made me appreciate my good ones all the more. I took a month long vacation to visit my parents and childhood friends in my home province, and it was 21 days of sunny weather, beaches, and bliss. Such an amazing experience to reconnect with those I love.

I started collecting MOTUC, and despite all the 'horror' stories on here, I've managed to have great luck with DR, and the resellers/orgers I've dealt with. I was just admiring my collection today. Made me feel warm and fuzzy, my boyfriend was very generous to me this Christmas.

Sadly, we did lose the family dog. He died at 14 years old, but he had a really good life. Wished I could have seen him one more time, he was active and happy right up until he last few days. Kind of sad to hear that Neil Armstrong died. Astronauts and those people who get to experience the kinds of things I can only dream of, are true heroes.

That's it. Looking forward to Spring 2013, planning a great vacation and making some positive changes in my life. Peace all.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; December 31, 2012 at 01:53am.