Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Jitsu and Ram Man

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    405

    Jitsu and Ram Man

    I am sort of confused, but do you think there will be Ram Man and Jitsu for sale on Mattycollector for the general non-sub public. Reason I am asking is because I saw some people watching BBTS to get their preorders in and fussing about it being sold out!!
    Last edited by powerofGS; December 31, 2012 at 04:38pm.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,010
    Scott Has said there will be plenty of Ram-Man stock for day of sale because he's such a major Character, but he didn't comment on Jitsu, Fangman or any others. Scott stated during the 2013 sub signup that not every figure in 2013 will see day of sale. some will and others won't.

  3. #3
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Posts
    1,982
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Scott Has said there will be plenty of Ram-Man stock for day of sale because he's such a major Character, but he didn't comment on Jitsu, Fangman or any others. Scott stated during the 2013 sub signup that not every figure in 2013 will see day of sale. some will and others won't.
    Even though I've been a sub holder from the beginning, I really don't like this at all. It just doesn't seem fair to all the other fans out there that can't, or won't buy subscriptions... Plus, this will inevitably inflate the prices on the secondary market due to demand.

    It's almost as if every other character is becoming a "sub-exclusive..."
    Last edited by Ornclown; December 31, 2012 at 04:32pm.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior lemure77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Logan WV
    Posts
    1,536
    I thought Jitsu was Febs figure? odd. I hope everyone gets the ones they want. I am picking cherries this year. just not into all them that are due out. But Rammy is a must
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

  5. #5
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Even though I've been a sub holder from the beginning, I really don't like this at all. It just doesn't seen fair to all the other fans out there that can't, or won't buy subscriptions... Plus, this will inevitably inflate the prices on the secondary market due to demand.

    It's almost as if every other character is becoming a "sub-exclusive..."
    QFT And who's the genius that thought of this idea???

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    I thought Jitsu was Febs figure? odd. I hope everyone gets the ones they want. I am picking cherries this year. just not into all them that are due out. But Rammy is a must

    Jitsu is Feb. BBTS often puts figures up on their online cataloge way ahead of time and list them as "sold out" until they actually have them in stock.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

  7. #7
    Lumpy Space Person Brad2dbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,619
    The reason for the fuss is because of a potential problem that may arise from Matty's new method of making figures available to sub-holders a couple of days before the official sale date. Whatever sale-date-Jitsu's Matty has in stock will be available to sub-holders early and if they sell out before the sale date then none will be available for non sub-holders. Since this new policy hasn't taken effect yet, no one knows what will happen. I personally doubt that all of the Jitsu's will sell out before the official date for the simple fact that all of the sub holders will already get one from their sub and it seems unlikely that the people that want another will be sufficient to deplete the supply. This is more likely to be a problem on items that are not included in the sub.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    The reason for the fuss is because of a potential problem that may arise from Matty's new method of making figures available to sub-holders a couple of days before the official sale date. Whatever sale-date-Jitsu's Matty has in stock will be available to sub-holders early and if they sell out before the sale date then none will be available for non sub-holders. Since this new policy hasn't taken effect yet, no one knows what will happen. I personally doubt that all of the Jitsu's will sell out before the official date for the simple fact that all of the sub holders will already get one from their sub and it seems unlikely that the people that want another will be sufficient to deplete the supply. This is more likely to be a problem on items that are not included in the sub.
    No.

    No it won't. They have stated *repeatedly* that early sales to subholders will not not NOT include subscription figures, only out-of-subscription items. It will *only* include out-of-sub items similar to Granamyr and the various weapons packs.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,918
    Madison Carter is correct.

    Hasn't TG told us in the past Mattel locks its production numbers in 6 months before figure release? If that's the case, likely the production order for Jitsu and Ram-Man predates the smaller than expected subscription results and will be based on historical buying patterns of early 2012. Again, if that is the case I expect there to be a substantial number of Ram-Mans (even before factoring in TGs recognition of Rammy as being particularly in demand) and Jitsus available on sale day for fans, given the supposedly comparatively low 2013 subscription numbers. Someone please tell me if my logic is flawed?

    Even if the Jitsus and Ram-Mans sell out quickly, I am confident there will be plenty for sale on the secondary market as I'm sure lots of fans like myself ordered 1 or 2 more subscriptions than we will actually need.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

  10. #10
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Even if the Jitsus and Ram-Mans sell out quickly, I am confident there will be plenty for sale on the secondary market as I'm sure lots of fans like myself ordered 1 or 2 more subscriptions than we will actually need.
    That's what I'm counting on. Even if I have to pay a little more for the figures I want I'll still come out ahead rather than buying everything and trying to sell off what I don't want. Out of the 4 years of MOTUC so far, I've subbed 2 years and cherry picked 2 years. Personally, I find having to sell off figures I don't want to be more of a hassle than having to obtain figures I've missed on the secondary market. But that's just my personal preference.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,918
    I hear you Faker II. I'm not sure what I will do with my unwanted extras ...

    Up til now my extras are just taking up space. I'm looking at you white boxes encasing Scareglow!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior karg182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Midlands, UK
    Posts
    605
    Has Scott really said that some figures in 2013 WON'T make day of sale? If anyone has a quote I think we need it posted for clarification. I thought that everything released this year will see day of sales, albeit in lower available numbers.

    And of course the 'early access' products are only available if outside of the subscription.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior EagleOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    962
    They set the production numbers for January on the Sub sale numbers. Expect very little stock of Netossa, Jitsu, Fangman, etc. If Scott (or a member of the Mattel Elite) doesn't see them as a major character, they won't get bumped up production numbers.
    Rammy gone in about 15-25 minutes. Jitsu and vintage friends gone in about 10 minutes. Netossa and Pop and NA and concept friends gone in about 12 hours. Those would be my guesses.

  14. #14
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    I am sort of confused, but do you think there will be Ram Man and Jitsu for sale on Mattycollector for the general non-sub public. Reason I am asking is because I saw some people watching BBTS to get their preorders in and fussing about it being sold out!!
    Ram-Man has been sold out of his PO for months now, I got in on one when they first put him up back in August, and he sold out shortly after....now I will cancel my PO once my sub goes through, if not, Mattel can keep it and I'll just buy the very few I want in 2013 either DOS or pay a little more on BBTS, what I will save vs the sub is worth a little more since so far 2013 is not like 2012 as far as figures I want being a premium vs nothing I want....2013 has like 4 so far I kind of to really want.

    $25 is my max month to month, but since there is only a handful of figures worth my time to buy DOS if my sub doesn't work right....I can pay a little more per figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    The reason for the fuss is because of a potential problem that may arise from Matty's new method of making figures available to sub-holders a couple of days before the official sale date. Whatever sale-date-Jitsu's Matty has in stock will be available to sub-holders early and if they sell out before the sale date then none will be available for non sub-holders. Since this new policy hasn't taken effect yet, no one knows what will happen. I personally doubt that all of the Jitsu's will sell out before the official date for the simple fact that all of the sub holders will already get one from their sub and it seems unlikely that the people that want another will be sufficient to deplete the supply. This is more likely to be a problem on items that are not included in the sub.
    Early Access, is for NON sub figures, not monthly sub figures....yet still for subscribers the damn figures for Early Access, will be $27, plus no combined shipping with the sub items....so....no perk really there aside from saying I got an out of sub item before anyone else....Early Access is kind of useless.

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    They set the production numbers for January on the Sub sale numbers. Expect very little stock of Netossa, Jitsu, Fangman, etc. If Scott (or a member of the Mattel Elite) doesn't see them as a major character, they won't get bumped up production numbers.
    Rammy gone in about 15-25 minutes. Jitsu and vintage friends gone in about 10 minutes. Netossa and Pop and NA and concept friends gone in about 12 hours. Those would be my guesses.
    At least for now they still produce above the sub numbers, and yes for more popular characters...Sorceress....Ram-Man, they did and will make more, but Netossa will have the same numbers as every other figure before a bump, as characters like her appeal to a smaller fan base.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    978
    I just hope Ram-Man is on time--I can wait for Granny--but not Ram-Man

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    I think there will be day-of stock for sale, but I am expecting very fast sellouts. Ram Man will be gone in 5 minutes, and Jitsu in under 10. Fangman, probably a little longer, but probably 20 minutes or less.

  17. #17
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    I think there will be day-of stock for sale, but I am expecting very fast sellouts. Ram Man will be gone in 5 minutes, and Jitsu in under 10. Fangman, probably a little longer, but probably 20 minutes or less.
    I agree Vikor. Fast sell outs on those for sure.

  18. #18
    Lumpy Space Person Brad2dbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    No.

    No it won't. They have stated *repeatedly* that early sales to subholders will not not NOT include subscription figures, only out-of-subscription items. It will *only* include out-of-sub items similar to Granamyr and the various weapons packs.
    Well then that's good news for people looking to scoop up a Jitsu on Sale day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •