Thread: What are you looking forward to in 2013?

What are you looking forward to in 2013?

So what are you looking forward to in 2013? It can be toys, movies, books, job opportunities or anything you can't wait for.

There are so many things I am looking forward to this year and just to name a few;

Mecha Workshops: Armaruaders
    I have been championing this toy line around the interwebs. It is meant to be released in the first quarter of 2013 and everything I have heard has me so excited for this property. This is a new company working on a new IP so they have an uphill battle but a piloted, fully articulated mech is going to be awesome.

NECA Aliens/Predator/Rambo
    Toward the end of 2012 I really got in to the NECA line of figures. With 5 variations of Dutch coming this year, fully articulated Warrior Aliens and Colonial Marines and a new, fully articulated Rambo line of figures then it is certainly something to be excited for.

Aliens: Colonial Marines
    This video game is being marketed as direct sequel to James Cameron's Aliens movie and a better tie in to Alien 3. There is also the rumour that

Hicks is going to be revealed to be alive and not killed in Alien 3.

Mad Max: Fury Road
    As an Australian, Mad Max is embedded in my culture and I still can't believe that this movie is finally being made. Is it a sequel? Is it a prequel? Is it a reboot? These questions will be answered when the movie is released. Hopefully it will be at the end of this year and not 2014.

Evil Dead
    I wasn't sure there needed to be a remake but that seems to be the Hollywood way now. But judging by the trailer this looks pretty damn cool. I will always want to see an Evil Dead with Bruce Campbell as Ash but that doesn't stop me from being excited to see the remake.

The Walking Dead
    I love this show. I think it is the best thing on TV. The second part of season 3 cannot get here soon enough but I am a little concerned how the series is going to go in the latter seasons now that the show runner has moved on.

World War Z
    I am not a big Brad Pitt fan, the best roles I think he has done has been in Fight Club and Snatch but that won't stop me from seeing this movie. Now that Twilight has destroyed the Vampire genre I am putting all my hopes in the Zombie genre

Pop Culture Shock He-Man Statues

And 1:6 89 Batmobile, Hulk, Loki, Last Stand Wolverine... you get the idea.

Oh yeah, and of course more MOTUC reveals!

Movies: Iron Man 3, Thor 2
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    Movies: Pacific Rim, Ironman 3, Thor 2, Monsters U, Movie 43, Hobbit part 2, Oz the Great and Powerful, Jack the Giant Killer, Carrie, Man of Steal, Kick Ass 2, Lone Ranger, Star Treck into Darkness, Despicable Me 2, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, I, Frankenstein, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Frozen, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Video Games: Disgaea Dimension 2(maybe this year), South Park and the Stick of Truth, Dragon's Crown

Books: None

Comics: None

Heroic Warrior
    Let me see....

Get my book Is Lydia Strange? in ebook form
    Get the third Lydia book done
    write my Oz book
    Get two other books done

Movies: Oz the Great and Powerful, The Hobbit (didn't see it yet), Little Mermaid in 3D.

Books: The Art of Frankenweenie, Ward Kimball bio, some other books I don't own yet

Other: Funko He-man bobbleheads and figures.

Starting my own toyline of animal wrestlers, its been a dream of mine for some time and so in Year 2 of my Toy store Business I am taking the plunge to make it happen
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So what are you looking forward to in 2013?
    Since it's 2013, it is finally able to be the once in a lifetime luckiest day of the year: 13/13/13!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Starting my own toyline of animal wrestlers, its been a dream of mine for some time and so in Year 2 of my Toy store Business I am taking the plunge to make it happen
    Good luck markatisu!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Kamen Rider Wizard Figuarts.

ZyuRanger Figuarts.

Phantom Stranger, Mollah, and Larfleeze for DCU.

Completing the Straw Hat Pirates for my One Piece Figuarts collection.

The second Hobbit movie (going to be the best movie of the year).

Hopefully getting a full time teaching position so I don't have to sub anymore.

Selling off my MOTUC and Transformers collections.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Good luck with that, it sounds pretty cool. When I was around 11-12 I used to (badly) draw a hybrid of snakes and WWE (WWF at the time) wrestlers.

The Ultimate Taipan = The Ultimate Warrior
    "Rattlesnake" Rick Rude = "Ravishing" Rick Rude
    Mr. Python = Mr. Perfect
    Big Boa Man = Big Boss Man

As you can see, I wasn't very creative with the names

Some other things I am looking forward to in 2013;

TMNT Classics series 2
    The popularity of the TMNT Classics figures seemed to take everyone by surprise, Playmates included. They were better than I could have hoped and I can't wait to see what they announce at Toy Fair this year to see where they are taking the line. I have my own personal wish list of characters that I want them to make so I hope the success of this line means they will invest in the line with new tooling so we can get the figures that don't share tooling like Mutagen Man and Muckman & Joe Eyeball. But I would just be happy to see the main cast fleshed out first.

Explosive growth at work, no tis a very good thing, a nice trip to a beach, and San Diego / Power-Con. It's funny that I look forward more to the get togethers after the con than the actual floor time or panels.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Master of New Adventures!
    Benny, there is no thirteenth month!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Since it's 2013, it is finally able to be the once in a lifetime luckiest day of the year: 13/13/13!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Pfft. Not on any of the calendars you humans use...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

In 2013, I am looking forward to:

~Vacation (not sure where yet, but we usually go on a cruise)
    ~Toys: NECA Rocky figures, MOTU Classics, TMNT Classics, starting my collection of MOC vintage motu figures, etc.
    ~Losing more weight (I have already lost over 100 pounds)
    ~Movies: Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Oz: The Great and Powerful, Hobbit Part 2, Man of Steel, etc.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; January 2, 2013 at 11:18pm.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    ahem:

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.