View Poll Results: Is Battleground Teela is standing in for Redhaired Teela in your collection?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 8.66%
  • No

102 80.31%
  • Other

14 11.02%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Battleground Teela standing in for Redhaired Teela in your collection?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Is Battleground Teela standing in for Redhaired Teela in your collection?

Since the normal redhaired Teela hasn't been re-issued by Mattycollector.com and they won't go back into production on any figure, the original Classics Teela figure is very hard to get without paying some high prices. Who has brought a Battleground Teela figure as a stand-in until the redhaired version is somehow made available again? This is sort of the modern day equivalent of using Battle Armor He-Man as the standard He-Man because you couldn't find him at retail.

Discuss!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 31, 2012 at 05:35pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Not me, battle ground teela= waste of resourses & figure slot.
    A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    My Battleground Teela isn't Teela at all, but a completely different character.

Also, I have no Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post

Also, I have no Teela.
    Teela = Sharela or someone else....

With that being said then the long hair "He-Man" is really not He-Man then..... Same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Master Joezilla View Post
    Not me, battle ground teela= waste of resourses & figure slot.
    So you don't have any Teela then?

Agreed. She is more like He-Man's Barbarian Woman. I dont have a name. She rides atop the griffin! She does have Red Hair Teela's snake staff!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

A big, fat NO!

Honestly though, I rather go Teela-less than place that "imposter" in my collection. Teela with red hair or bust guru!

No way. Teela has red hair. BG Teela is on my mini-comic shelf where she belongs!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

No, but BG Teela seems more available and less breakable as a gift for kids, so she'll probably be standing in for the "real" Teela in a few collections at least.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 2, 2013 at 07:57pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Teela = Sharela or someone else....

With that being said then the long hair "He-Man" is really not He-Man then..... Same thing...
    I.. I don't know who Sharela or the long hair He-Man are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Agreed. She is more like He-Man's Barbarian Woman. I dont have a name. She rides atop the griffin! She does have Red Hair Teela's snake staff!
    Mine is a Valkyrie. She does her own thing quite apart from He-Man or anyone else.

I.. I don't know who Sharela or the long hair He-Man are.

Mine is a Valkyrie. She does her own thing quite apart from He-Man or anyone else.
    Long Haired He-Man was in the early mini comics (I think he might be Oo-Larr) Sharela in the female bowsman on the front of Megator's box art...

Heroic Warrior
    I put the Blonde Haired head on my normal Teela, then put the Snake Armor on the Battle Ground Teela Body. So now the Snake Armor Battle Ground Teela is how I see Teela as The Sorceress.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Oh she can't change her hair style and color once in a while???
    Last edited by He-Dude; January 1, 2013 at 03:05pm.

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post
    I put the Blonde Haired head on my normal Teela, then put the Snake Armor on the Battle Ground Teela Body. So now the Snake Armor Battle Ground Teela is how I see Teela as The Sorceress.
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I put the Blonde Haired head on my normal Teela.
    So did I for my main Teela, but I also have the bikini version and red haired version too.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Apparently not to some folks. You should have read the arguments when Battleground Teela was announced. Some fans are used to Teela being a red head.

I'd use her head for an early Alcala Teela. Otherwise no interest in her.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    In my opinion, no, she should not. Hair colour is an important part of a fictional characters identity.

I would feel the same way if someone decided to give He-Man brown hair.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    You mean Wun-Dar?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some fans are used to Teela being a red head.
    Sorry, MGM. I wish you wouldn't make it sound like such a johnny-come-lately preference though, she was a red-head/brunette as a toy which is how many of us discovered the character right at the beginning. I wish you'd gotten your blond tiara head though. I don't think it'll be much good though if they don't deepen the neck-hole so it doesn't bobble.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    You mean Wun-Dar?

They may share head sculpts, but at least he's a different character, much like Zodak & Zodac.

I'm not opposed to alternate takes on characters, but they need to inhabit a separate universe, or be a whole new character entirely.

I'm sure that if children who didn't know anything about MOTU saw the Teela and BG Teela figures, most of them would say they are different characters.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 1, 2013 at 09:47pm.

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    Red-head Teela is real Teela. Blond-bikini Teela is my "Teela clone under Skeletor's power" imposter Teela. Weapon-wise, however, I did give her real Teela's shield and and sword. Real Teela is a stave-girl!
    Last edited by Necrono; January 11, 2013 at 05:09pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    In my opinion, no, she should not. Hair colour is an important part of a fictional characters identity.

Tell that to General Hawk...or 200X Queen Marlena. You have the redhaired Filmation version or the brown haired MYP version. There's Fisto to a lesser extent, but people aren't really missing his red hair in Classics.

Sorry, MGM. I wish you wouldn't make it sound like such a johnny-come-lately preference though, she was a red-head/brunette as a toy which is how many of us discovered the character right at the beginning. I wish you'd gotten your blond tiara head though. I don't think it'll be much good though if they don't deepen the neck-hole so it doesn't bobble.
    From my perspective, it IS a johnny-come-lately preference (For those of you who are new, I was collecting MOTU when it first started -- there was no Orko, Mer-Man had a different face, Randor was an old man, He-Man was a barbarian and Teela was a blonde for a few years), but I understand that the majority of fans came much later and missed that period.

I wish I could get a blonde tiara head too, but at least I not only got the DC Comics version of Teela, but I could make a Pre-Filmation version of her as well by popping on the Battleground Teela head onto normal Teela's body.

I have and love both, and both are Teela at the Hartley household.

I figure that, after the Sorceress drops her bombshell on Teela (Sweetie, I have to make this quick. Adam is He-Man, you're the new Sorceress, and I'm your mother...kinda. You're a clone, exactly like me in every way, down to your beautiful red hair.)

Knowing our headstrong heroine, I'm betting she colored her hair as a way to differentiate herself from Teela-Na.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Is Battleground Teela standing in for Redhaired Teela in your collection?
    Nope. I own both.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

From my perspective, it IS a johnny-come-lately preference (For those of you who are new, I was collecting MOTU when it first started -- there was no Orko, Mer-Man had a different face, Randor was an old man, He-Man was a barbarian and Teela was a blonde for a few years), but I understand that the majority of fans came much later and missed that period.
    MGM, you might not realize this but there's an insulting connotation to the johnny-come-lately label that I am referring to here and find inappropriate. I was there when it first started too, remember all those things (green sorceress/goddess being one of the few I'd flat out forgotten), and right along side the comics and books was a non-blonde Teela toy. It doesn't make one automatically a novice or late-comer to prefer that non-blonde version of her.

I just needed to make that stand, I'm sorry for taking us off on a tangent. I think it's likewise unfair to hate on her being blonde ever. I think she's best as a redhead if for no other reason than because I like how that looks beside Blonde He-Man more (if he were a brunette, I think I'd like her blonde more then--BG Teela looks so natural next to Vikor IMO).
    Last edited by gbagok; January 2, 2013 at 03:54pm.

MGM, you might not realize this but there's an insulting connotation to the johnny-come-lately label that I am referring to here and find inappropriate. I was there when it first started too, remember all those things (green sorceress/goddess being one of the few I'd flat out forgotten), and right along side the comics and books was a non-blonde Teela toy. It doesn't make one automatically a novice or late-comer to prefer that non-blonde version of her.

I just needed to make that stand, I'm sorry for taking us off on a tangent. I think it's likewise unfair to hate on her being blonde ever. I think she's best as a redhead if for no other reason than because I like how that looks beside Blonde He-Man more (if he were a brunette, I think I'd like her blonde more then--BG Teela looks so natural next to Vikor IMO).
    I wasn't aware I was insulting anyone's preferences, but educating them that MOTU was alot different when it first started. Pre-Filmation fans get alot of "Filmation-era snobbery", so if my posts have that undercurrent, I apologize for the tone.