View Poll Results: Is Battleground Teela is standing in for Redhaired Teela in your collection?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 8.66%
  • No

102 80.31%
  • Other

14 11.02%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Battleground Teela standing in for Redhaired Teela in your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Tell that to General Hawk...or 200X Queen Marlena. You have the redhaired Filmation version or the brown haired MYP version.
    I believe Hasbro changed Hawk's hair to differentiate him from Duke, the Joe's other blonde leader. I prefer the original Hawk figure, but I accept that change as he hadn't appeared on the cartoon at that point.

The redhead/brunette Marlena's are from separate canons, so that's a moot point. I'm saying it's a bad idea to have conflicting designs within a single canon.

There's Fisto to a lesser extent, but people aren't really missing his red hair in Classics.
    I do. I had to repaint him to look "right".

From my perspective, it IS a johnny-come-lately preference.
    That's not the case for me. I love those early minicomics. I just prefer redheads.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I believe Hasbro changed Hawk's hair to differentiate him from Duke, the Joe's other blonde leader. I prefer the original Hawk figure, but I accept that change as he hadn't appeared on the cartoon at that point.

The redhead/brunette Marlena's are from separate canons, so that's a moot point. I'm saying it's a bad idea to have conflicting designs within a single canon.
    I guess it all depends on what the individual fan likes. We even have two faces for Mer-Man, Moss Man and Stinkor or two different color palettes for Evil-Lyn. Just like how DC Comics chose to have a blonde Teela, any future licensor will simply have to choose their favorite look...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

No....I have the real Teela, and I have no use at all for the BG version....Teela is a red head, and always will be for me, the blonde can stay on the pages that I never cared about, my Teela was the Vintage toy, and the Filmation....more Filmation than Vintage but I'll never get that version of her.....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I wasn't aware I was insulting anyone's preferences, but educating them that MOTU was alot different when it first started. Pre-Filmation fans get alot of "Filmation-era snobbery", so if my posts have that undercurrent, I apologize for the tone.
    That's okay, I didn't think you meant harm, but it's never great to see motives for a preference painted too broadly.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    No....I have the real Teela, and I have no use at all for the BG version....Teela is a red head, and always will be for me, the blonde can stay on the pages that I never cared about, my Teela was the Vintage toy, and the Filmation....more Filmation than Vintage but I'll never get that version of her.....
    I think it's great that fans can have their "real" Teela either way now though.

If not for the need to fix the bobble on the existing red-haired head, I'd most want a variant that comes with the BG and tiara heads with reversed coloring.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    My...

"Red-haired" default Teela is my default Teela.

Battleground Teela is Valkyra- Warrior from the Isle of Lesbaria.

BGT head on Redhead Teela body is mini-comic Teela. Poor girl is always being abducted by that lecherous Alcala-head Skeletor.

Happily own both Teela & BG Teela. But if i was in the circumstance as mentioned by the OP, i'd have to say that cause i'm a purist BG Teela would be a character/person in her own right.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Nope. Blonde Teela doesn't exist to me. I have regular, auburn Teela. BG Teela was turned into Cosmic Enforcer She-Ra in my collection.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Nope! Teela is a redhead!

The Blonde one is in my display but she aint Teela! shes with Vikor!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Auburn red haired Teela, I have no need for BG Teela. I'm thinking of painting her hair so she can truly be Teela.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I have 0 issues with blonde Teela. I do see red hair Teela as the 'real' one.

BG Teela is there just waiting to get moved to the variant or mini comic shelf when I finally get a regular one.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I have 0 issues with blonde Teela. I do see red hair Teela as the 'real' one.

BG Teela is there just waiting to get moved to the variant or mini comic shelf when I finally get a regular one.
    Same here bud, but I am growing quite fond of BG Teela.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    for me she is a new character standing alongside preternia Vikor.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

I agree, red head teela is the real one....but I have the blonde as a temporary stand in until I some how get my hands on a regular Teela So if anyone wants to help me out with that........

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I put the Blonde Haired head on my normal Teela.
    Nice!

For me, I display Normal Teela with the rest of the gang from Eternia, and BG Teela with Vykron (Barbarian), Vikor, and Wun-Dar...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

own both. either one is a fine choice however if you only wanted one

I have the first Teela in great shape thanks to a fellow orger. I don't have the BG Teela figure but I did buy her head and spear to have as display options. I guess for me, it's not as much about red hair verses blonde hair as much as I just don't consider the bikini outfit to be a representation of Teela that I want to own. I display my Teela with the gold helmeted head donning the accessory pack red snake armor.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

The blonde one doesn't seem like Teela at all to me. I have her as Vikors biatch.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    No, absolutely impossible. The "Battleground Teela" figure is definitely not Teela, but Sharella in my canon. In my view, they're totally different characters from different eras (Sharella is a PoG/preternian, and I also see her as different from the Green Goddess of Oo-Lar's Midternian times). In fact, I can't for the life of me get what their reasoning was to release this figure as "Teela" instead of "Sharella".
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Battleground Teela isn't really Teela to me it just feels like a totally different character. She could never replace or stand in for original Teela as she just looks like something from Conan to me.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

No, she is standing with the other "variants".

My favorite Teela is 200X, with the long ponytail. So for all you guys saying "My Teela is X!" and "My Teela is Y!" well, I don't even get my Teela, so have a heart!

But on my shelf, they are two different characters. Like many others have said, BG Teela looks so perfect next to Vikor that they are partners in the Hadleyverse.

I own only a BATTLE GROUND TEELA.

It's the only one I want.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Warrior
    I dont own a Teela...and don't want one right now. I like how my collection looks sans females. He-Man and the Heroic Warriors facing off against Skeletor and the Evil Warriors looks better without women present. I don't have Evil-Lyn either. Maybe in the future but right now Teela is not needed.

I don't have ANY Teela yet. BG Teela doesn't look like Teela to me and the original version's cost is prohibitive.

I have two normal Teelas, displayed with both heads and a BG Teela with Wundar. I don't mind her with different hair styles. In fact, I want a filmation version (red haired) and a NA Teela (blonde) too! MUST. HAVE. THEM. ALL.