Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom MOTUC - TechTrek - [HE-MAN.org member Avatar]

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    This is a fine figure, and the imagination behind it and the colors are exceptional. Plus, he weapon is a nice touch too.
    I appreciate your kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Dude yes! Ive wanted to do this guy for a long time but kinda just accepted that I never would.

hahaha! Sorry, but I do have to agree with this.
    Well hopefully we will get a staction soon

And the face just comes down to the fact that it seems people appreciate his original character. and because of that it's hard to use an existing face. which I find flattering so thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    This figure is too much fun... I love it! See, I wish the 30th Anniversary line could've given us unconventional stuff along the lines of this. This totally looks like something that would have come out in the '80s line AND looks amazing in MOTUC!
    Thanks so much and if you like it that much check out my stuff on Facebook. Defenders of Eden.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I think the complaints on the face is cause It's Toyguru's face. While I'd personally would prefer for him to have a different head, you worked with what you had and you knocked it out of the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ....W.T.H. am I doin... you guys are right!

I chose this face for a reason! I LIKE IT AS IT IS!

I wanted a softer and thinner face that we immediately associate with a palace guards figures. True the helmet would, but I didnt want to just use gear to link, I wanted more.
    I built up the jaw structure up myself to alter the look of the face and to enlongate the head even further an change the appearance slightly.
    The only other thinner face choices for this was Heman [which has been repainted to death in custom figures which I refuse to do anymore], or Keldor.
    But neither of those two choices would make you immediately associate the characters face with a palace guardsman.

I chose the one I wanted to use!

To the people who dont like it, if you dont like my figure, dont try to put me down over it because I am a new customizer or PM me over it voicing your displeasure on facebook to me!

Do me one better if you dont like it, MAKE A BETTER VERSION YOURSELF! Show me how to improve my work!
    An if you cant!.... do I even need to say it?!

This version is staying as it is!

I like it[.]

Dude, this is an INCREDIBLE piece! I love this design. Where you inspired by Marvel's Bonebreaker by any chance? Bonebreaker_Reavers.jpg Truly awesome sauce my friend!

If you really need a story for Toyguru's face, it could be set in an alternate future where MOTU fans bring on an apocalypse when the line is canceled and they break Scott's legs. Scott is rebuilt Mad Max style and goes on to convert Mattel headquarters into a steampunk citadel as a last bastion of civilization.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    This is one wicked custom, man. I wish I had it! People complaining over the use of the Lt. Spector head need to get a grip, especially if they're PMing you about it. Geez.

I think Tech-Trek needs a certain Horde-affiliated simian nemesis so that they can have a wrench fight! Don't tell me that's just me.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Excellent piece of art and work.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Impressive work.

Awesome creation . Epic work from both. The Designer and the Customer. I want that

AMAZING....such a PERFECT custom, man. I love it.
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    WOW amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Don't try to pretend that you didn't buy him because I am close friends with the person who sold you five of them
    LOL.....my wife would flip out if I bought 5 of ANYone! I like some characters people find lame....but couldn't do a time traveling Deadpool. However, time traveling human tank would get my money!

WOW Anthony! This is an amazing custom! No need to change anything! Your work is flawless.
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

Its a very impressive custom. Though we all know the origin of the face (and it seems fans don't appreciate it), its very easy to pretend it has no affiliation with a certain individual who will remain nameless.

Great work.

Thanks VERY much for all the kind words everyone. Making this figure was very fun, and even more experience for me as a figure customizer in regards to using metal parts and sculpting.

Since I have been asked in alot of PM's; and ppl are wanting to remake TT for themselves or possibly as a commission for someone else, here is what the bottom "tank/wheelchair section" part was made from.

It was the the T-1 metal toy from the Terminator Salvation movie toyline.

God did this thing require alot of work to be able to modify it to work being a metal toy...ugh.

But I gotta say, it was TOTALLY worth all the effort in the end!

Lemme see if I can find a pic, ah here we go...

[out of box shot]

[in packaging]
    Last edited by Replikor; January 2, 2013 at 09:40am.

lol so much drama about the head lol 2 days without reading the thread and now I get here and I see your reaction lol quit the drama, your custom, your choices, my comments, my opinion, PROBLEM?

I donīt like nothing with TG face, but I see a fantastic work done with all the body, no need for DRAMA!! Or this kind of childish replies:

To the people who dont like it, if you dont like my figure, dont try to put me down over it because I am a new customizer or PM me over it voicing your displeasure on facebook to me!

Do me one better if you dont like it, MAKE A BETTER VERSION YOURSELF! Show me how to improve my work!
    An if you cant!.... do I even need to say it?!

This version is staying as it is!

I like it[.]
    Before throwing so much defying words try to check my other comments about your work, I was always very supportive! SAD to see your reaction.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    lol so much drama about the head lol 2 days without reading the thread and now I get here and I see your reaction lol quit the drama, your custom, your choices, my comments, my opinion, PROBLEM?

I donīt like nothing with TG face, but I see a fantastic work done with all the body, no need for DRAMA!! Or this kind of childish replies:

Before throwing so much defying words try to check my other comments about your work, I was always very supportive! SAD to see your reaction.
    Huh? That was kinda harsh, as that wasn't a comment at you, at all... ooo... looks that way... Apologies for the confusion Ulisses31, I will edit my post to clarify who that rage was intended for... lol

I knew that you guys here on the thread were just jokin an pokin me a bit over the use of the toy guru head, lol as we all know most dont like him or anything relating to him... lol... so I didnt think anything of the posts here.

The reason I posted that was I had been receiving alot of PM bashmails over 20 of them in fact on facebook when I reposted the pics an a link to this thread here on facebook, some were... downright nasty mails simply saying that I was an embarasment to the customizer community for using that head, an some even worse comments too.
    It simply got me really steamed, an to the point where I just needed to stand up an say that I was proud of my work on this figure, and I still am of all my design choices on it from beginning to end.

Again, please don't think this was a reply to you or anyone that commented here on the thread, the real problem was on facebook.
    Last edited by Replikor; January 2, 2013 at 02:05pm.

Very cool!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

You know, looking at your custom again I think you DO need to make some changes: keep the head, but change the body. I'd think he'd look much better with a Smartcar for a body, along with a license plate on his arse that says, "Smart*ss".

See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Not bad. Not bad at all, Replikator. So when are you gonna make Tech Trek's arch nemesis, Benedict Judas Hel so that they can re-enact their multiverse-shattering epic battles of good versus evil? (Hint: his base body better be one of the giants...probably Procrustus)
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Not bad. Not bad at all, Replikator. So when are you gonna make Tech Trek's arch nemesis, Benedict Judas Hel so that they can re-enact their multiverse-shattering epic battles of good versus evil? (Hint: his base body better be one of the giants...probably Procrustus)
    hmm, a Benedict Judas Hel custom.... hmm, I am thinkin a hellfire & magma procrustus, maybe change out the back second set of arms for draego man wing holes..... oooo. inspiration! lol

Can anyone say... next custom figure?! lol
    Last edited by Replikor; January 2, 2013 at 04:08pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    hmm, a Benedict Judas Hel custom.... hmm, I am thinkin a hellfire & magma procrustus, maybe change out the back second set of arms for draego man wing holes..... oooo. inspiration! lol

Can anyone say... next custom figure?! lol
    Don't forget skulls. Lots and lots of skulls!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Don't forget skulls. Lots and lots of skulls!
    oh no. here we go.........

Man, that is awesome! Has no one made a TechTrek before? I'd be surprised if not! I've seen his design multiples times since I joined and he almost feels liked a regular part of MotU.

Anyway, this also makes me realize there are so few guys with a green base. It really makes this one pop! Also, thanks for posting where the treads came from - that was gona be my first question! They were so familiar.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Man, that is awesome! Has no one made a TechTrek before? I'd be surprised if not! I've seen his design multiples times since I joined and he almost feels liked a regular part of MotU.

Anyway, this also makes me realize there are so few guys with a green base. It really makes this one pop! Also, thanks for posting where the treads came from - that was gona be my first question! They were so familiar.
    As far as I know no one else has made a Toy form of TechTrek to date. There have been numerous illustrations, but none in toy form till now.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    It wasn't intended to insult your work by any means. Hope you didn't take it that way.