Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matty offering $4 shipping discount in May

Heroic Warrior

Matty offering $4 shipping discount in May

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...-may-shipping/

5/15 Sale Announced: Karatti™ & More
    Plus SDCC Sales & Save $4 On May Shipping!
    Posted by Admin on April 17th, 2013

Toy Fans,
    We like you. We really, really like you. So as our way of saying “thank you” for being our loyal customer, we’re taking $4 off the cost of shipping for every order that contains a May release product! The discount applies to all May subscription orders as well as purchases made at MattyCollector.com between 5/15 9am PT and 5/16 9am PT. As long as your order has one of the May products on the list below, you’ll save $4 on shipping. Read on for everything you need to know about our May sale, plus get dates for our SDCC voucher and “Most Wanted” sales…
    May 15th Monthly Sale
    All May subscription orders and purchases made at MattyCollector.com between 5/15 9am PT and 5/16 9am PT that include a product on this list will receive a $4 discount on shipping! If you’re a subscriber, the discount will automatically apply and show on your invoice. For orders placed between 5/15 9am pt and 5/16 9am PT, the discount will automatically apply when you checkout.
    DCU Wally West The Flash (Club Infinite Earths figure)
    Watchmen Silk Spectre (Club Black Freighter figure)
    MOTUC Karatti™ (Club Eternia® figure)
    MOTUC Fighting Foe Men™ 3-Pack (Club Eternia® “quarterly” release)
    MOTUC Evil-Lyn® (remaining customer svc. stock, subject to Early Access sellout)
    MOTUC Slush Head® (remaining customer svc. stock, subject to Early Access sellout)
    Early Access
    Starts Tues 5/14 at 8am PT and ends Weds 5/15 at 8am PT (subscribers only)
    Products Available: Evil-Lyn® and Slush Head®
    Please remember that quantities are limited and these products are subject to sellout during Early Access. If any remain after Early Access ends, they’ll be made available to the general public on 5/15 at 9am PT. Early Access products are sold separately from subscription products so shipping can’t be combined with subscription orders or orders placed at MattyCollector.com during the regular monthly sale. Early Access products purchased together do ship together when the shipping address/payment information is all the same.
    May Subscription Key Dates
    Subscriptions Renew/Cards Charged: Starting Friday, May 10th
    Subscription Orders Ship: Starting Monday, May 13th
    San Diego Comic-Con Sales
    Everyone’s favorite time of the year is right around the corner! You know we’ve cooked up some serious must-have toys but we’re not ready to show you what they are just yet. We’ll reveal them later this month and tell you which ones will be available for pre-purchase and pick up at the show, which ones are show-only, and those that will be available here on MattyCollector.com. For now, here are the dates you need to know:
    6/4 at 9am PT: San Diego Comic-Con Voucher Pre-sale (pick up only at SDCC)
    7/18 – 7/20 Pick up items ordered during the Voucher Pre-sale at SDCC
    7/18 – 7/21: San Diego Comic-Con in-booth product sales
    8/5 at 9am PT: San Diego Comic-Con “Most Wanted” Sale (order products from MattyCollector.com and they’ll be shipped right to you )
    Don’t forget… every order that includes a May release product qualifies for a $4 discount on shipping, both subscriptions and orders placed during the regular monthly sale from Wednesday, May 15th at 9 a.m. PT (12 noon ET) through Thursday May 16th at 9 a.m. PT. Want an email reminder? Click here to register. Or, join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums and you’ll get reminders there, too.
    –Matty

May sale announced! $4 off shipping costs in may!

From Matty's Facebook

FFM get day of sale! $4 off shipping! Evil Lyn and Slushy back on sale!

Oh, and on the discounted shipping thing - I thought they effectively lost money on shipping - how can they afford to do this if it costs them so much?!?!?

5/15 Sale Announced: Karatti™ & More

Plus SDCC Sales & Save $4 On May Shipping!
    Posted by Admin on April 17th, 2013

Toy Fans,
    We like you. We really, really like you. So as our way of saying “thank you” for being our loyal customer, we’re taking $4 off the cost of shipping for every order that contains a May release product! The discount applies to all May subscription orders as well as purchases made at MattyCollector.com between 5/15 9am PT and 5/16 9am PT. As long as your order has one of the May products on the list below, you’ll save $4 on shipping. Read on for everything you need to know about our May sale, plus get dates for our SDCC voucher and “Most Wanted” sales…
    May 15th Monthly Sale
    All May subscription orders and purchases made at MattyCollector.com between 5/15 9am PT and 5/16 9am PT that include a product on this list will receive a $4 discount on shipping! If you’re a subscriber, the discount will automatically apply and show on your invoice. For orders placed between 5/15 9am pt and 5/16 9am PT, the discount will automatically apply when you checkout.
    DCU Wally West The Flash (Club Infinite Earths figure)
    Watchmen Silk Spectre (Club Black Freighter figure)
    MOTUC Karatti™ (Club Eternia® figure)
    MOTUC Fighting Foe Men™ 3-Pack (Club Eternia® “quarterly” release)
    MOTUC Evil-Lyn® (remaining customer svc. stock, subject to Early Access sellout)
    MOTUC Slush Head® (remaining customer svc. stock, subject to Early Access sellout)
    Early Access
    Starts Tues 5/14 at 8am PT and ends Weds 5/15 at 8am PT (subscribers only)
    Products Available: Evil-Lyn® and Slush Head®
    Please remember that quantities are limited and these products are subject to sellout during Early Access. If any remain after Early Access ends, they’ll be made available to the general public on 5/15 at 9am PT. Early Access products are sold separately from subscription products so shipping can’t be combined with subscription orders or orders placed at MattyCollector.com during the regular monthly sale. Early Access products purchased together do ship together when the shipping address/payment information is all the same.
    May Subscription Key Dates
    Subscriptions Renew/Cards Charged: Starting Friday, May 10th
    Subscription Orders Ship: Starting Monday, May 13th
    San Diego Comic-Con Sales
    Everyone’s favorite time of the year is right around the corner! You know we’ve cooked up some serious must-have toys but we’re not ready to show you what they are just yet. We’ll reveal them later this month and tell you which ones will be available for pre-purchase and pick up at the show, which ones are show-only, and those that will be available here on MattyCollector.com. For now, here are the dates you need to know:
    6/4 at 9am PT: San Diego Comic-Con Voucher Pre-sale (pick up only at SDCC)
    7/18 – 7/20 Pick up items ordered during the Voucher Pre-sale at SDCC
    7/18 – 7/21: San Diego Comic-Con in-booth product sales
    8/5 at 9am PT: San Diego Comic-Con “Most Wanted” Sale (order products from MattyCollector.com and they’ll be shipped right to you )
    Don’t forget… every order that includes a May release product qualifies for a $4 discount on shipping, both subscriptions and orders placed during the regular monthly sale from Wednesday, May 15th at 9 a.m. PT (12 noon ET) through Thursday May 16th at 9 a.m. PT. Want an email reminder? Click here to register. Or, join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums and you’ll get reminders there, too.
    –Matty
    Last edited by karg182; April 17, 2013 at 04:47pm.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

It's interesting that Matty mentions that some SDCC items will only be available at the booth. I wonder if these will be SDCC exclusives or other Matty products?

Heroic Warrior
    4 dollars !? Wow ! That' HUGE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    In this economy every bit matters, also, $4.00 for one person may not be much, but $4.00 per customer for a company is rather big, especially for a collector line where pennies matter.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Considering how expensive May will be (FFM and Karatti) this is great news. Every little bit helps!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Thank you! With FFM, this is a good month to do this!

That's nice.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

One way to look at it is, DOS for one item will cost as much as a subscribers figure. It also makes buying one figure not so bad, bringing the cost more inline with what people are used to. I think one item costs 10 bucks for me so that would bring the shipping down to 6.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    It's interesting that Matty mentions that some SDCC items will only be available at the booth. I wonder if these will be SDCC exclusives or other Matty products?
    They had that MOTU Hot Wheels VW Bus at last SDCC. I don't believe there was a pre-order for that on Matty prior to the show.

That's like a 40% shipping discount on a single figure. Not too shabby imo.

It's better than the 45 cent refund that I got last month.

The most welcome thing since that discount code for Battle Cat all those years ago (which didn't work for me, so here's hoping they actually apply the discount when the time comes ).

Guessing they are running scared over the Fighting Foe Men... It now takes them down to $77 for DOS buyers.

It also takes any loss the subscribers take on them down slightly too, so I'm not gonna complain! Still wish they hadn't produced enough for DOS though
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

I can't understand the mentality of people who are complaining about a $4.00 discount. (not as many here as I saw on facebook) If $4.00 means nothing to you, please feel free to paypal me that extra $4.00 since you don't need it.

I think it's great they are offering a discount. Every little bit helps.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

$4 off is good news to me!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

$4 is a nice little discount actually. It's like they took away part of or all of the tax! My only question is does it apply to people who just became subscribers on 4/15? How will this work, will it retroactively kick in and charge your card $4 less?

I'm surprised that this perk is being applied to Day of Sale Customers (as long as they buy during the first 23:59 minutes of the sale) instead of just subscribers. It makes the FFM a bit more appealing due to the reduced shipping costs. I know it's not THAT much, BUT it IS a discount.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    You like us so much Matty ????? Maybe you should have given this $4.00 discount on Feb Or March orders. I would have trusted your words then !!

As for FFM, All I want to say is............. Get Ready BBTS !
    Last edited by TUC138; April 17, 2013 at 06:48pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

This certainly is welcome to see on such a price heavy month!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Considering how expensive May will be (FFM and Karatti) this is great news. Every little bit helps!
    This --^ And since Matty really didn't have to give us any discount at all... this is huge. And I for one am thankful they are doing this.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Not bad...now if they did this shipping discount every month then I'd be really impressed.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I am not sure about others, But I am NOT complaining at all (Not buying any May figures anyway..... so I have nothing to do with this) !

But it was funny to see that "we like you" quote for the discount ! Since they "like us", I wish they could have given that discount on Feb Or March orders.... maybe if this discount offered again on June OR July orders, I will trust their words !

But I am glad they are doing it now. A discount IS a discount none the less !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    You like us so much Matty ????? Maybe you should have given this $4.00 discount on Feb Or March orders. I would have trusted your words then !!

As for FFM, All I want to say is............. Get Ready BBTS !
    Well, to be fair, every kind of promotion and discount has to be budgeted, approved, and cleared by different departments and levels of brand managemwnt. TG told us that they were actively working on ways to help with shipping. This is not an instant process, and likely took a few months to clear.

I think it's a nice gesture. Sure $4 isn't enormous but they didn't have to do anything. Super cool if you ask me!
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Sounds great to me, a $4 discount is better than the $0 discount I was expecting. I was VERY surprised to see this pop up, but not at all surprised to see people complaining about it already. Some people need to find another hobby.