Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This For Real? MOTUC appearing at Wal-Mart... [No b/s/t Outside Marketplace]

Is This For Real? MOTUC appearing at Wal-Mart... [No b/s/t Outside Marketplace]

MOD NOTE: Please remember, no buy/sell/trade offers outside the Marketplace! Thanks!

UPDATE: apparently the person who originally found these and posted the photo of the endcap on Matty's Facebook page says this was in Moreno Valley, CA... for those in the area

I'm not sure if this photo is photoshopped or if I'm late to the party on this or what... but someone over on the Matty forums starting this thread about a large amount of Robotos and Gygors on a Wal-Mart endcap with a photo. Has anybody else spotted anything like this in their area? I know Scott said something recently about clearing out stock via other means than Matty, but I thought that meant more stuff would turn up on sites like BigBadToyStore and AFX, not actual brick and mortar stores!
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/9191036697
    Last edited by zodak74; January 1, 2013 at 04:25pm.

Post the pics

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I wonder what the prices are. I'd love to get a few extras for the kids, especially since the poster said they were cheaper than Matty.

The Pic looks totally legit....I'd like to know which walmarts have them I'm wondering if it's wally worlds closest to Matty's distribution center? I can't make out the price on Gygor...but if I'm reading right, Roboto looks to be around $15. I'd pick up one of each if I found 'em.

Very strange.

Not my Walmart but I wish!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

What in the world?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

It would make sense seeing as how they've been literally giving away loads of figures to subbers for free. If this is true, it's crazy for a number of reasons. Hasn't Roboto/Gygor been off the table for a long while? If kids and parents gobble it up, this could be a blessing in disguise (or a curse again lol).

Hope there's someone out there who can explain this, otherwise it's another punk move!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Mind you, I never EVER want to have to return to those days when I had to go store to store hunting for the newest wave of figures... BUUUUT I so want the option of picking through every single one of those Robotos to find the one with the best paint job of the entire bunch... LOL! I absolutely HATE the legs on mine, and this photo is such a damn tease, ha ha!

So which Wal-Mart is it?? Does anyone know?

No idea, the original poster on the Matty forums was simply livid about this and didn't really offer anything in the way of "This is happening at such-and-such Wal-Mart in Chicago, IL" or whatnot. But it's enough to give me the itch to go to my local Wal-Mart ASAP...

I actually need both of these. Someone run there and get me an uncracked Roboto!

Well according to the users public profile it says he's from Melbourne, Australia.
    bnl4life

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    I don't have the quote handy, but recently Toyguru said Mattel would be looking at 3rd party retailers to unload their old stock. This explains that.

All those Gygors look cool as hell on the shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I don't have the quote handy, but recently Toyguru said Mattel would be looking at 3rd party retailers to unload their old stock. This explains that.
    Why not in the USA???

It's the Wal-Mart in Moreno Valley, CA according to the person who originally posted this photo over on Matty's Facebook page yesterday.

Man, wish they would've sent me one of those Robotos instead of the boring Stratos I got....
    WE GOT ICER SO NO RIOT SIR (Laser Lot)

Quote Originally Posted by bnlvince View Post
    Well according to the users public profile it says he's from Melbourne, Australia.
    I tried searching online and I dont believe there is WalMart in Australia. Can anyone verify if there is or not? Plus, why would Mattel ship all the way over to Australia, when they could sell them at WalMart in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Mind you, I never EVER want to have to return to those days when I had to go store to store hunting for the newest wave of figures... BUUUUT I so want the option of picking through every single one of those Robotos to find the one with the best paint job of the entire bunch... LOL! I absolutely HATE the legs on mine, and this photo is such a damn tease, ha ha!
    My sentiments exactly.!

That's a sweet sight! Although if my experience is any indication, I'd get real tired of seeing those exact same figures in that place after my tenth visit to that section of Wal*Mart over several months. Pegwarmers are just very demoralizing, no matter if I like the character or not.

That said, love seeing Gygor in a B&M store shelf like that!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Just got back from my Wal-Mart...it's not mine. I was going for some groceries & thought I'd check. Nothing, but the toy department was an empty wreck. Wish we'd get Robotos & Gygors. Of course when they STILL have Hourman, Kamandi & Tyr for $16.72, it'll be awhile before they would put them out.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    If this is true then it's the funniest thing in MOTUC yet. Yeah sorry but retail is not an option that was the usual common copy and paste answer that came from scott right?. and cheaper than matty too lol

I can not wait till see both sides of the fan base tear this a new one
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

They need to put some of those extra Wind-Raiders up there, so we can get a Battle-Ram.

Wal Mart is the country's largest retailer (both discount and full).... It makes complete sense for them to sell off the discount stock to Wal Mart than to another discounter like Big Lots, TJ Maxx or Ross...

Be happy folks, not upset. Perhaps this will introduce the line to potentially new customers.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella