Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This For Real? MOTUC appearing at Wal-Mart... [No b/s/t Outside Marketplace]

Heroic Warrior
    Be happy folks, not upset. Perhaps this will introduce the line to potentially new customers.
    Let's pray it will !

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Matty Collector is horrible and I wish it'd die.

My Retro-Action Egon has a giant wad of glue on the face. I called Mattel since they're pretty good about MH defects, but apparently... Mattel can't handle issues with anything banded with Matty Collector's name on it? Even the CS woman I spoke to thought that was odd. So I had to order another one.

Matty is an overpriced scalper outlet, not a retail store. Scheduled sales, low stock, inflated prices. No one even trusts Toyguru anymore. Anything that kills it and gets stuff to retail for cheaper prices is fine by me. Oh wait, Retro-Action was supposed to be Matty and still hit retail. I dread to think of anything MH ever going to Matty... they'd deem the line a "total failure" if a single doll took more than 6 hours to sell out.

I could be wrong but isn't the Every Day Low Prices slogan seen in the picture above used by the retailer Big W in Australia? Could Mattel have sent this stock to Australia?

Widget
    I'm pretty sure that is Walmarts slogan everywhere in the world.

When was the last time Roboto was 're-issued?' Well, I guess we can see now why Matty is not re-issuing figures going forward. If they have enough to send large allotments to Walmart, then they clearly have over produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakerman View Post
    I could be wrong but isn't the Every Day Low Prices slogan seen in the picture above used by the retailer Big W in Australia? Could Mattel have sent this stock to Australia?
    The original picture comes from Facebook post, not the guy that used it in the Ask Matty question.... It is from a Wal Mart in California.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    Must be stuff they have way too much of... Mo-Larr should be arriving soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    When was the last time Roboto was 're-issued?' Well, I guess we can see now why Matty is not re-issuing figures going forward. If they have enough to send large allotments to Walmart, then they clearly have over produced.
    Roboto and Gygor were never actually "re-issued" in their own sale... They were included in some special sales, but that was it.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

This makes me so angry!

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Roboto and Gygor were never actually "re-issued" in their own sale... They were included in some special sales, but that was it.
    Odd. I know Gygor was in a few sales, and also made in appearance in the MM Mystery Packs. They must have thousands of them to be able to sell them to walmarts. Poor Roboto... never could catch a break.... see what I did there

I bet, some responsable guys at wallmart bought at Matty´s, where the figures were 50% cheaper.....
    And now they sell a few in their shops.

Interesting... Probably it's cheaper for Mattel to sell them at Walmart than selling them discounted online!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Keep in mind the way Walmart gets prices as low as they do is forcing companies to give them huge discounts and buy huge amounts, Walmart probably got these cheaper then Matty could ever sell them for themselves based on the quantity purchased.

Wal-mart is the first place I saw the commemorative series when they were released. I had no idea they were even coming out. So I bought what they had and also went online and found he-man.org in the process. Ive been reading the boards and collecting again ever since. So yeah, this would be a excellent way to bring in new fans and new...old...fans.

It could be a test to see how they sell in retail. If I were going to sell MOTUC figures to kids, I would probably start with a giant monkey and a robot. Kids love robots and monkeys!

Wal Mart is the country's largest retailer (both discount and full).... It makes complete sense for them to sell off the discount stock to Wal Mart than to another discounter like Big Lots, TJ Maxx or Ross...

Be happy folks, not upset. Perhaps this will introduce the line to potentially new customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Let's pray it will !
    Nah, the writing is on the wall for this line. It might help to open another one up at retail, but what are the kiddies gonna do? Fall in love with Gygor and Roboto only to discover they'll have to get their parents to go on ebay and buy up the other figures? This is just Matty taking out the trash.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    It doesnt bother me to see these at retail at all, but I am annoyed that I never bothered to return my Robotos (3 of them) that should have been 1st issue and came with "Original" burst on them, making them look out of place with the rest of my collection......

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    This is just Matty taking out the trash.
    Well that's the way I honestly feel about this, but a vocal (ie small) amount of fans are already screaming bloody murder for some reason.
    Last edited by Kowl; January 1, 2013 at 07:12pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

Back before Christmas some Comic Con stuff from Matty was cleared out at Ollie's Bargain Warehouse. The flier said they had He-Ro, but I couldn't find him at either Ollie's I know of. I did get the comic con Superboy in clone chamber package.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    Back before Christmas some Comic Con stuff from Matty was cleared out at Ollie's Bargain Warehouse. The flier said they had He-Ro, but I couldn't find him at either Ollie's I know of. I did get the comic con Superboy in clone chamber package.
    I looked at 7 Ollie's and could not find a single He-Ro.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    We need confirmation. I'm in Texas, so pretty much everybody else gets merchandise before we do. Still exciting news if Classics are going retail.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I looked at 7 Ollie's and could not find a single He-Ro.
    a friend in North Carolina got one for me from that store, so it was easily available, just a few weeks ago in fact.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    I bet, some responsable guys at wallmart bought at Matty´s, where the figures were 50% cheaper.....
    And now they sell a few in their shops.
    That's not how WalMart works. As the U.S.'s largest corporate retail entity, they buy in massive MASSIVE bulk directly from product companies, usually at a very steep discount. They don't allow and wouldn't have anything set up for some enterprising employees to pick up stuff elsewhere and bring it into their stores; it simply isn't done.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    We need confirmation. I'm in Texas, so pretty much everybody else gets merchandise before we do. Still exciting news if Classics are going retail.
    We can only hope!

Well that's the way I honestly feel about this, but a vocal (ie small) amount of fans are already screaming bloody murder for some reason.
    Heh, it's just odd to have all these extras we didn't know they even had and not put it up on MattyCollector. Maybe it would be too much of a distraction from the monthly push? Seeing them on retail shelves is surreal though! I will be interested to hear how far this goes.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.