Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This For Real? MOTUC appearing at Wal-Mart... [No b/s/t Outside Marketplace]

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Wal Mart is the country's largest retailer (both discount and full).... It makes complete sense for them to sell off the discount stock to Wal Mart than to another discounter like Big Lots, TJ Maxx or Ross...

Be happy folks, not upset. Perhaps this will introduce the line to potentially new customers.
    But I thought there were no new MOTUC customers to find....everyone who cares about MOTU already knows....

And then once they find out how many hoops one has to jump through....and away they go.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    How old are these pics? I am getting a serious deja-vu effect. I seem to remember seing them here a while ago...

If this is indeed in Moreno Valley I'll check it out tomorrow and report my findings.

Weren't we told that if these went to retail they would be "lesser" versions with less paint apps or accessories? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Well I just called Wally World and the guy I was talking to seemed to know what I was talking about. I asked him abour price and he said Gygor was 24.97 and Roboto was 16.97. Although I described them as a big yellow ape and a Robot. I can't guarantee the accuracy of my information til I go and check it out in person. So far this rumor may be true. I live a town over from Moreno Valley. This is in Southern California.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Weren't we told that if these went to retail they would be "lesser" versions with less paint apps or accessories? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
    Also, how can they be sold for so cheap, if new figures are going to be $25.00-$27.00? I'm sorry but this is just insulting.

Heroic Warrior
    Also, how can they be sold for so cheap, if new figures are going to be $25.00-$27.00? I'm sorry but this is just insulting.
    The same way they sold them for $16 or so on the BF/CM sale. It's old stock, it's not on this year's books, it has to go somewhere. It's not like it's Mosquitor and Granamyr on those shelves. It's years-old stock.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The same way they sold them for $16 or so on the BF/CM sale. It's old stock, it's not on this year's books, it has to go somewhere. It's not like it's Mosquitor and Granamyr on those shelves. It's years-old stock.
    *thinks about it* I suppose you're right. But the former argument still stands. We've always been told that store releases would be of less quality, and here we are seeing the exact releases in stores.

These are basically being clearanced out. Stock sitting in a warehouse is expensive. This isn't new, cheap product. There's nothing to be angry about here.

I would have loved for Roboto to be the free Frosta figure though!

Also, this isn't what they were talking about when they said it was at retail. This isn't a line going to retail. It's just cast offs.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Curiouser and curiouser. I wonder if we'll start seeing MOTUC pop up in other random Wal-Marts.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    *thinks about it* I suppose you're right. But the former argument still stands. We've always been told that store releases would be of less quality, and here we are seeing the exact releases in stores.
    That's in terms of a line made explicitly for retail. These weren't. They just needed to dump a warehouse or two and sold it off to Wallyworld.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Curiouser and curiouser. I wonder if we'll start seeing MOTUC pop up in other random Wal-Marts.
    Oh my lord...can you imagine if they all got different ones too. I could see the marketplace becoming super busy!

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    That's in terms of a line made explicitly for retail. These weren't. They just needed to dump a warehouse or two and sold it off to Wallyworld.
    Great point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Oh my lord...can you imagine if they all got different ones too. I could see the marketplace becoming super busy!
    This would be the ONE time I wish Matty *did* mess up huge and I walked in to the local WalMart to find a wall of Shadow Weavers.

And here I was hoping to see Roboto on the Black Friday sale. I need a new MOC one.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    But I thought there were no new MOTUC customers to find....everyone who cares about MOTU already knows....

And then once they find out how many hoops one has to jump through....and away they go.
    Well... I still don't believe there is some massive untapped audience out there, but I'm trying to be open to the idea.

And I totally agree that if someone picks these up at Wal Mart, they might go to Matty Collector, see the "hoops" and then yes "away they go"
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Makes sense since there is a mettel outlet near that area in moreno valley.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Can't believe it... Please, if some orger can actualy confirm this. Anyone here lives near that Walmart?
    Damn, I wish i had one of those Robotos as my Frosta free gift... and an extra Gygor would be great too
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

now imagine if you walked into your own local walmart and found a section like this, except filled with a variety of characters, weapons packs, wind raiders, castle grayskull etc... as you might find with any other line, and maybe this line wouldn't be so imposible to collect, and always on the verge of cancelation.

i was a child when the original line was out and at it hight in demand. i didn't have much money as a kid and we didn't go to k-mart etc very often, and yet i was able to collect very nearly everything, and everytime i went to x store i could find a variety assortment and was able to get most everyone eventually. i didn't have an after market or internet to hunt down and pay rediculous prices for what i couldn't find. idk why people defend mattels marketing of this line. it could be on top and we could have so much more, but they don't want to put them in stores. this walmart appearance is too little too late. 2 characters and not an official public release.

fail
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    If I walked into a WalMart and saw this, I'd probably do a triple-take. Then I'd head to the nearest mirror and see how dilated my pupils are and perhaps start to question the theories of space and time in my mind.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    If I walked into a WalMart and saw this, I'd probably do a triple-take. Then I'd head to the nearest mirror and see how dilated my pupils are and perhaps start to question the theories of space and time in my mind.

It wil be interesting to see if any MOTUC items make it to Wal-Marts outside of California or not.

Those Wal-Mart shoppers are going to be mad when their new Roboto figures start cracking.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    If ebay starts flooding with gygors and robotos then its legit.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    Makes sense since there is a mettel outlet near that area in moreno valley.
    I believe the Mattel outlet is in the City of Industry or near there. I have passed it several times when heading to Frank N' Sons toy shows. There is a distribution center in Ontario tho and that's pretty close to Morene Valley. That could be a reason why they ended up in that particular Wally world.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~