Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This For Real? MOTUC appearing at Wal-Mart... [No b/s/t Outside Marketplace]

Heroic Warrior
    OMG! it's SO amazing to see MOTUC on shelves.
    THIS is how i'd want to see them...not on some website.

They look so good on the shelf. I seriously hope they sell,
    and Matty releases ALL the figures in store.

Court Magician
    I think this story will have more meaning once the figures show up at other Walmarts. It seems peculiar that at a time when retail stores are clearancing out merchandise in anticipation of their post holiday inventory that new product with no previous history is being stocked. I wonder how long these figures were "in the back."

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    We can only hope!

They aren't going to retail...this is a massive clear out only...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I loathe Walmart (since I work for them, lol), but I absolutely would LOVE to be able to pick up MOTUCS locally. I also would love for the line to catch on with new folks. I know some little kid will see that cool Gygor beast and beg for it! It's just so cool.

well, my Walmart doens't have them......or much of anything right now......lots of empty shelves. I was hopeful...woulda bought both in a second!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Well, that's kinda cool.......... except that it walmart, ugh...

Maybe we can take our Mer-Men and exchange them for Roboto's?!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    OMG!! I work for Wal-Mart....I'd faint on the spot if I went to the back room and found boxes of MOTUC! If for some reason they get distributed here to Wyoming I'll post a pic right away!
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

Snappy Threader
    I just saw this thread, but I actually just got back from Wal Mart and nothing here either.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Interesting... Probably it's cheaper for Mattel to sell them at Walmart than selling them discounted online!
    Maybe they are at Wal-Mart because TG realizes that he can't sell those figures to us anymore. The fans who have been collecting the line already have those characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Well, that's kinda cool.......... except that it walmart, ugh...

Maybe we can take our Mer-Men and exchange them for Roboto's?!
    Try it if they show up at your Wal-Mart!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Well if you zoom in on the pic, you can see that they are priced at $16. This picture looks 100% legitimate, and it is a huge slap in the face to US and Canadian consumers.

I'm not one to complain about a characters face sculpt (or some of the other silly issues that pop up here), but this is really uncool to know that these figures are being offered online at $22 or $30 + shipping, only wind up in stores at this price. Knowing Wal-Mart if they do not sell, they will be blown out at virtually nothing. I have neither Roboto or Gygor.

These are being sold at almost half of what I have had to pay for my figures. Wal-Mart would NOT invest money in a dead brand without the guarantee for profit. How much do you think Wal-Mart payed for these? Probably $5 each, maybe less.

So what are we seeing? The beginning of MOTUC returning (doubtful) to retail stores? Or Mattel's attempt to recoup huge losses and keep it completely from the loyal consumers (who subbed, bought multiples of figures, and endured countless issues, website crashes, shipping errors, defective figures, the list goes on) eyes?

This is really, really uncool....... Did I mention my Faker showed up with visible paint damage?

Dear Scott ToyGuru Neitlich, I think you owe me a Roboto, shipped, for free. While you're at it, toss in a Gygor too. Perhaps you can even toss out a few figures to other registered orgers that have stayed on board with this line for years, and paid out hundreds/thousands of dollars to support this line and Mattel.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 2, 2013 at 02:35am.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wow, that is a lot of reversed shoulders...
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    The thing of it is, depending on which figures they clear out, this could be a good way to get rid of overstock while also potentially introducing new fans to the line who might have been otherwise unaware of it's existance. Also, what kid seeing a giant yellow ape in a hat isn't going to likely pester mom and dad for one to go fight someone or another? XD
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I would buy an extra of both just to have that feeling of actually buying them at a real store.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    probably not going to see any in Salem Oregon.
    I could really use another Roboto since mine started cracking.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

While it's cool to have Roboto and Gygor available, they should have thrown some other MOTU guys (Higher tier characters like He-Man, Skeletor, or Mer-Man) to let people know that MOTU is back... Not all people who go to WalMart go to ToysRUs frequently enough to have noticed the ill-fated DCUCvsMOTUC packs.
    I should not mention the word "Squiggly!" on this thread.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    Back before Christmas some Comic Con stuff from Matty was cleared out at Ollie's Bargain Warehouse. The flier said they had He-Ro, but I couldn't find him at either Ollie's I know of. I did get the comic con Superboy in clone chamber package.
    I was at an Ollie's just yesterday and saw quite a bit of Mattycollector exclusive product (no MOTUC, though). They had quite a few of the Superman 12 inch figures, the Young Justice Superboy, the Green Lantern Kilowog, and a few JLU items. I was wondering if any retail outlets would ever get excess MOTUC stuff but never expected Walmart.

I will say that a few years ago someone did something similar to this as an April Fool's joke, may have been on Mattycollector. Some guy knew some employees at a local Toys R Us and got them to let him price some MOTUC figures and hang them on a shelf while he took pics. So far this definitely seems legit, though.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I really want a couple of Robotos. I've been waiting for the reissue to go online but they never have. Anyone out there want to play MOTUC dealer?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Mattel's attempt to recoup huge losses...

...I think you owe me a Roboto, shipped, for free. While you're at it, toss in a Gygor too.
    One of these things is not like the other...
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Any confirmed sightings yet
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Mostly, that pic just shows how awesome Gygor is and how unimpressive Roboto remains.

That does remind me of my earliest days of the .org when the Commemorative figures were first being spotted. People were seeing 'em at Walmart, so I dropped everything and headed to the nearest one, where a whole set of those figures awaited me. Loaded up nothing but MotU figures in my cart and headed for the checkout lane.

Seeing this, the BBTS Wonder Twins, and the flood of Matty product clogging up Ollies makes me realize what a genuis marketing tactic the false sellouts have been. Why leave stuff in stock and keep selling it for full price at your site when you can just store it in a warehouse until you are forced to sell it at a deep discount to a wholesale retailer?

Sallah

Mattel may have only had a few cases leftover of Roboto and didn't want to bother putting him up for sale on the website as the stock would have sold out in seconds.

Snappy Threader
    Seems odd that Wal-Mart would go to the trouble to set up product codes and such for a small bunch of figures. Maybe not, just seems like they wouldn't bother. I figure it's either a hoax, or they have a whole bunch of MOTU goodness to share with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    I've been waiting for the reissue to go online but they never have.
    I think this is why it is Roboto showing up with Gygor. Gygor we know they made tons of... but why Roboto? Well, out of all the figures so far, which one is the most notorious for QC problems (other than Green Goddess)? Roboto, I believe. Not only does he start with reversed shoulders, he also has the cracking torso that seems to get worse as time goes by. The fans know it, Matty knows it. I would guess that they didn't want to deal with all the returns and complaints that would come with putting Roboto back on the site (really... how many of us would order another to try and have an uncracked one only to return it if it was cracked? *raises hand*). The easiest way to get rid of a faulty product is selling it in bulk to a retailer that is unaware of the issues.

If it is true, I will bet it is more than just a few hundred Wally bought.

Sallah

Heroic Warrior
    I dont expect this to make it to the West coast or anywhere in between. This might be a one-off thing at Walmarts near the Matty warehouse. Not getting my hopes up even though I need both those figures.