Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This For Real? MOTUC appearing at Wal-Mart... [No b/s/t Outside Marketplace]

upc numbers?

Does anyone have their Roboto or Gygor cardbacks/packaging? If you had their UPC numbers maybe we could ask stores if they have any via the upc?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Seeing this, the BBTS Wonder Twins, and the flood of Matty product clogging up Ollies makes me realize what a genuis marketing tactic the false sellouts have been. Why leave stuff in stock and keep selling it for full price at your site when you can just store it in a warehouse until you are forced to sell it at a deep discount to a wholesale retailer?

Sallah
    What's Ollies?

BTW, wouldn't it be funny if that Walmart received all those by mistake? Digital River meant to ship them out to people but slapped the wrong address label on every box?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Buy both, get a free Shadow Weaver, Wun-Dar, Teela or Scare-Glow :-)
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    I think this is why it is Roboto showing up with Gygor. Gygor we know they made tons of... but why Roboto? Well, out of all the figures so far, which one is the most notorious for QC problems (other than Green Goddess)? Roboto, I believe. Not only does he start with reversed shoulders, he also has the cracking torso that seems to get worse as time goes by. The fans know it, Matty knows it. I would guess that they didn't want to deal with all the returns and complaints that would come with putting Roboto back on the site (really... how many of us would order another to try and have an uncracked one only to return it if it was cracked? *raises hand*). The easiest way to get rid of a faulty product is selling it in bulk to a retailer that is unaware of the issues.

If it is true, I will bet it is more than just a few hundred Wally bought.

Sallah
    If that were the case, wouldn't they have sold those Robotos during the Black Friday sale with the "All Sales Final" policy? I was personally disappointed Roboto wasn't part of the sale, and now seeing this picture makes me a little angry.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Ollie's is basically Big Lots. Not a bad store really. It's just one of those places you have to frequent often because of constantly changing stock.

LOL yeah DR screwed up. They were supposed to go to Wally Martin.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    What's Ollies?
    It is a closeout chain here in the midwest. Kinda like Big Lots. They have a ton of "soldout" Matty stuff there right now through a liquidation deal from Mattel- $30 Movie Master 12" Superman figures, $10 JLU packs, SDCC exclusives for cheap, etc. Mostly DC stuff at the ones near me, though some folks have found He-Ro there as well (he is supposedly even in their flyer).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    If that were the case, wouldn't they have sold those Robotos during the Black Friday sale with the "All Sales Final" policy? I was personally disappointed Roboto wasn't part of the sale, and now seeing this picture makes me a little angry.
    If I am not mistaken, you could still return defective product for a refund, just not an exchange. I thought the disclaimer was: Due to extremely limited stock there are no exchanges available for this item. If you need to return a defective product, you’ll receive a full refund. I believe the "all sales final" thing was to prevent people from doing a return to get the later, larger discounts in the "flash sales".

Sallah

I may have mine. But just for kicks if anyone has any of them take it to your wal mart and give it a whirl. If the scanner recognizes the upc then they are in the system somewhere and might just show up.
    Worth a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Does anyone have their Roboto or Gygor cardbacks/packaging? If you had their UPC numbers maybe we could ask stores if they have any via the upc?
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I tried searching online and I dont believe there is WalMart in Australia. Can anyone verify if there is or not? Plus, why would Mattel ship all the way over to Australia, when they could sell them at WalMart in the US?
    Here in Australia we don't have Wal-Mart!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by caine View Post
    Here in Australia we don't have Wal-Mart!
    ....and you're better off because of it!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Wal-Mart is known here in the UK as Asda. I'd be stoked if some figures showed up over here, although obviously that's doubtful.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Snappy Threader
    It's also kind of odd that there hasn't been any official statement made about it by Matty. I figured it would have been denied by now. I can't really recall how fast they commented on the Ollie's sales add though......

As someone who doesn't have Roboto, this is not cool... for me personally, if it is true.

Good for other people.

So still no one here has confirmed this. Then I'm not a believer....
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

If I walked into Walmart and saw that end cap I would be pumped.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Wal-Mart has free store-to-store shipping right?

What's stopping some of you guys from just calling that particular WalMart up and asking them to ship it over to your local one? Perhaps I am over-simplifying things here, but I think this is a one time thing here and the walmart customer service will be fine accommodating this.

Quote Originally Posted by mapelgleaf View Post
    Wal-Mart has free store-to-store shipping right?

What's stopping some of you guys from just calling that particular WalMart up and asking them to ship it over to your local one? Perhaps I am over-simplifying things here, but I think this is a one time thing here and the walmart customer service will be fine accommodating this.
    But how many people are going to actually do this....

That would make sense...

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    OMG it´s true!!!!!!!!!!!
    How much they cost?

Court Magician
    NICE !!!!

great..now I gotta start cruising wal mart more. Hope mine gets Teela or somebody Lord help them if weaver shows up. All the fans who hit ebay for her will hit the roof. Or any of the sub exclusives for that matter
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    OMG it´s true!!!!!!!!!!!
    How much they cost?
    Roboto was $16.97 + tax

I didn't buy a Gygor but he was $24.97 if any one is curious.

So this is true, but it is in California, right? Should I be happy? NO! Why they didn't appear in the BF sale??? Or now in January DOS?? This is not Classics going to retail, If that were the case I would be happy and we will see He-man and Skeletor, not Gygor and Roboto! Right now I am totally ·$%$·%^*

BAM! And that's some pretty concrete evidence right there!
    While I don't have any mystery MOTUC at my local store, here's hoping that someday we all will!
    By the way, how was the display looking? Picked through, at all- or still very stocked?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd flip if I saw an endcap full of Teelas.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    By the way, how was the display looking? Picked through, at all- or still very stocked?
    The display looked identical to the picture linked in the first page. I did a quick count and there were about 40 each. It appears I was the first one to buy any since that picture was posted.

They're in a prime spot on an endcap which gets a lot of traffic going by. While I was looking at them a little kid around five or so came up and said "Cool, he's scary!" to Gygor.