Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This For Real? MOTUC appearing at Wal-Mart... [No b/s/t Outside Marketplace]

Anyone have the phone number to the Walmart? I want to call and have them store-to-store a Gygor for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvertz View Post
    So... why not get this Roboto's a free gifts for the Frosta's or on the black friday sale?
    And nobody from Matty has shown up to comment on this... This is one more thing to put on my list of Dissapointments
    Umm... People in the corporate world at just getting back to work from the Holiday / New Years vacations. Scott will probably address this sometime next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Anyone have the phone number to the Walmart? I want to call and have them store-to-store a Gygor for me.
    Yea, it doesn't really work that way. If you buy something off Walmart.com, they will ship it to a store. They don't move products from actual stores to other stores. It's just a bad play on words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Yea don't you love when someone posts a pics of buying them knowing people will want them but they NEVER post where they are OR if they can help out people thart REALLY want/need them it goes on deaf ears...
    Not everyone has the time or financial means to invest in that type of endeavor.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post

Yea, it doesn't really work that way. If you buy something off Walmart.com, they will ship it to a store. They don't move products from actual stores to other stores. It's just a bad play on words.

- - - Updated - - -

The service desk person at my local Walmart said I should be able to call them and have one shipped to our store. She said they do that stuff all the time.

The service desk person at my local Walmart said I should be able to call them and have one shipped to our store. She said they do that stuff all the time.
    Yes mine do by me....

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Not everyone has the time or financial means to invest in that type of endeavor.
    Yea but they can buy multiples for themselves.....OK

Heroic Warrior
    She said they do that stuff all the time.
    Most chain stores do.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I would freak if I saw this at Walmart. In a good way. My guess its CA local Walmarts, doubtful we will see these nationwide but it would be great if we did. My Walmart never has good toys.

Maybe if they sold these guys off of Matty's website instead of keeping in their warehouse maybe they could sell them for their 25 and whatever prices they will be charging this year, instead of a third of the price at wal mart.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Store # 1899 and here's the number

(951) 653-4849

Noticed someone else said they called and was told they won't send store to store but my Walmart said they do so I'm gonna check now that I have the info with my Walmart....maybe they can "pull" one.

Hey guys sorry for the late response. I work full time and still go to school. Also don't have a computer at the moment (hard drive died) so it's just my phone. I'll try to answer some questions that were posted.

The phone number for this Walmart is (951) 653-4849

Address is:

6250 Valley Springs PKWY
    Riverside, CA 92507

Code is 002708483633

Hope that clears some of the confusion up.
    Yea don't you love when someone posts a pics of buying them knowing people will want them but they NEVER post where they are OR if they can help out people thart REALLY want/need them it goes on deaf ears...
    I'll assume that was directed at me. I'm not trying to hide any thing; I thought I posted the location. I offered to help people out in the marketplace as sales aren't tolerated in this thread.

My inbox exploded. Currently going through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredgen View Post
    Hey guys sorry for the late response. I work full time and still go to school. Also don't have a computer at the moment (hard drive died) so it's just my phone. I'll try to answer some questions that were posted.

The phone number for this Walmart is (951) 653-4849

Address is:

6250 Valley Springs PKWY
    Riverside, CA 92507

Code is 002708483633

Hope that clears some of the confusion up.

I'll assume that was directed at me. I'm not trying to hide any thing; I thought I posted the location. I offered to help people out in the marketplace as sales aren't tolerated in this thread.

My inbox exploded. Currently going through it.
    Thanks for the update man!

Code is 002708483633 (A variation of the UPC 027084836332).

Yes mine do by me....
    Well hopefully I am wrong and folks are able to get that option to work out for them! That would be great! Did anyone call the Riverside Wal Mart? What did they say?

Yea but they can buy multiples for themselves.....OK
    Some people are more than willing to help out others, but some people legitimately are unable to do so. Just because they have the money and time to buy themselves multiples does not mean that they have to help out other fans. Collecting isn't charity work. Also, speaking from experience, no matter how well you plan it out, you ALWAYS end up losing money when you try to help out fellow fans at cost. Its either gas money, paypal fees, extra shipping cost, sales tax, shipping materials, etc... It's just not as easy as some make it sound. It's great when fellow fans are willing to spend their time, energy, and sometimes money to help each other out, but you can't expect it or try and make someone feel bad when they can't do it.
    Last edited by Kowl; January 3, 2013 at 11:40pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    You sir are an addict and need counselling.
    I embrace my compulsion...

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    Wal-Mart is known here in the UK as Asda. I'd be stoked if some figures showed up over here, although obviously that's doubtful.
    My thoughts too, seeing as our Toys R Us's never got the Toys R Us MOTU Vs DC 2 packs. My sister though works for ASDA in some sort of management/inventory role (she gets me the CocaCola limited edition stuff first) and I've asked her to keep an eye out for any info, which I will pass on ( I have 2 Robotos and a Gygor already so not something I actually need, just really want to see them over here)
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I need a Roboto, how can I order this on-line? Is that even possible?

This almost brought tears to my eyes.

Are these still in stock? Why aren't they sold out??? The lien is dying at retail!!!

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Are these still in stock? Why aren't they sold out??? The lien is dying at retail!!!

Good Memories

Whatever the situation is, Testing, Hoax, or just plain cleaning out Matty warehouse; this brings back memories. Seeing He-Man on shelf in a Walmart was some good time. I miss the hunt.
    There is something weird with a man running around half naked screaming "I Have The Power"

Widget
    K this is defenetly not a Hoax, I saw this at probably the same Wal-mart, my first reaction was to look for the other ones. I'm assuming it was overstock from matty collector, not sure why, I do remember telling my wife "how the hell is this here, is online sell only" she just laugh, either way, I'm proof I saw it, not sure the why or how, but it was there. Roboto and the big giant gorilla, and no it was not a cheap version, it was the no BS same ones.

not sure about the location of the Wal-mart, but I'm from 29 Palms, and do my rounds once a month, so I saw it at Wal-mart (new one) next to the highway 60/215 CA, whatever that place is.

There's no way Mattel will bring this line to retail with all the problems it has with QC,this is them getting rid of stock,interesting to see if any Roboto's are returned due to cracking.
    It will also be interesting to see if any other figure's pop up maybe even some that Mattel said were off the table for a second run.
    TG your silence is deafening...........

Crazy. 17.99 and why am I paying 25 a figure now? I feel its very taxing and heart breaking to be a subscription keeper. Your paying the highest price on figure and shipping and we are always getting the early production mess ups. Tough buns.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakahn View Post
    Crazy. 17.99 and why am I paying 25 a figure now? I feel its very taxing and heart breaking to be a subscription keeper. Your paying the highest price on figure and shipping and we are always getting the early production mess ups. Tough buns.
    Because of the white mailer box.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Because of the white mailer box.
    Also for not having to step foot in Wal-Mart. Major premium!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

We are paying $25...Wal-Mart is selling at $17.99 a regular figure like Roboto....but they are not paying this price because they have to gain money on the sales...so, I am thinking that Mattel is selling to Wal-Mart at $8/10 around? lol

Mattel is also actually saying "no reissues" and we got Snout Spout recently at the Black Friday sales and we will have it again this month at the january sales (at $25 this time? lol)....so, 3 months ago Snout Spout was confirmed to be totaly "out of stock" by DR themself (last september/ take a look at the last pages in the Snout Spout "problems" thread)...*** sincerelly????

I am tired by many things concerning Mattel to be honest and it is why I stopped my subs some months ago, Castle Grayskull killed me...Hey guys...$300 around (with/out shipping!) for a large "plastic" Castle Grayskull if you are not pre-ordering it right now at $250??? please wake up!

Mattel, at my eyes, has no reason to sell the figures at $25 each this year, they are just playing with our money...and badly it is perfectly working with most of us because "we do not have the choice" as fans we are...
    If the line will die (I hope no), it will not be the fault of fans, but the Mattel's fault.

Mattel is just getting rid of these, probably at a loss just to move stock out. That doesn't mean they can't sell every figure for $17. Stock in a warehouse means you're LOSING money every day it just sits there. So it's better to take a hit and get rid of it however you can.