Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Estimating the demand for Teela

Court Magician
    I'm up for a rerelease, FILMation var, or both!

Evil Clone...in SPACE!! DarthFaker's Avatar
    I could use 2-3 more, and another BG teela as well.

Widget
    I would pick one up as well.

sorry guys, its a lost cause for you. Even if you get 2000 Teelas "pre sold" with this topic, no way is that enough for them to re produce her.

which im willing to bet the number doesnt reach 1000 in this topic.

It sucks for you guys that still need her, but this happens in any toy line you collect. If you miss something early in a line, its going to cost a pretty penny to pick it up. Its nothing new to toy collecting.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    sorry guys, its a lost cause for you. Even if you get 2000 Teelas "pre sold" with this topic, no way is that enough for them to re produce her.

It sucks for you guys that still need her, but this happens in any toy line you collect. If you miss something early in a line, its going to cost a pretty penny to pick it up. Its nothing new to toy collecting.
    I doubt you know that for sure... even though you spend your life here at the Org... I doubt that, even you, have the insight to make that call.
    Last edited by He-Dude; January 4, 2013 at 10:31am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I doubt you know that for sure... even though you spend your life here at the Org... I doubt that, even you, have the insight to make that call.
    He's just reiterating what TG has said many times in the past. Only He-Man has done well enough to go back into production. We would need an outcry from thousands of fans to make a difference, because Mattel is worried about sitting on their new stock of Teela after the 400 very loud fans buy her.

At this point, I would say the next best thing for fans to do is ask for a Teela 2.0. This is like a King Grayskull situation where many fans missed out on getting him. Mattel can also sell a new figure.

We would need a consensus on what features would a Teela 2.0 have... Would she be like the original Teela with a 2.0 waist? Or would she be Teela in her Filmation costume (big collar, high heels, hair in a bun, Filmation weapons)? Would she have an alternate blonde head with the big ponytail?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

As MGM said, I was not claiming to have inside info, its just me putting the pieces together with what TG has said many many times and from over 12 years of personal toy collecting experience.

and WTH is up with the Me spending my life here lol, heck I dont even post that much any more lol

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He's just reiterating what TG has said many times in the past. Only He-Man has done well enough to go back into production. We would need an outcry from thousands of fans to make a difference, because Mattel is worried about sitting on their new stock of Teela after the 400 very loud fans buy her.

At this point, I would say the next best thing for fans to do is ask for a Teela 2.0. This is like a King Grayskull situation where many fans missed out on getting him. Mattel can also sell a new figure.

We would need a consensus on what features would a Teela 2.0 have... Would she be like the original Teela with a 2.0 waist? Or would she be Teela in her Filmation costume (big collar, high heels, hair in a bun, Filmation weapons)? Would she have an alternate blonde head with the big ponytail?
    My issue with a Teela 2.0 is she worth taking up a month spot at this point? I would rather every spot be given to someone that has not had a figure made. I would be ****** if Teela 2.0 did happen, just would be more happier with brand new character

My issue with a Teela 2.0 is she worth taking up a month spot at this point?
    How many new fans have jumped on board since October 2009 who missed out on getting Teela? Teela has never been officially re-released in a sale and any leftover stock Mattel had shown up twice as a surprise sale and selling out insanely quick both times. She's a King Grayskull situation.

I would rather every spot be given to someone that has not had a figure made. I would be ****** if Teela 2.0 did happen, just would be more happier with brand new character
    Mattel could make her a bonus non-sub figure like Bubble Power She-Ra, so that she isn't taking up any slots.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

How many new fans have jumped on board since October 2009 who missed out on getting Teela? Teela has never been officially re-released in a sale and any leftover stock Mattel had shown up twice as a surprise sale and selling out insanely quick both times. She's a King Grayskull situation.
    I would agree if the line was very healthy, like it was when King Grayskull got his 2.0 treatment, but as it is now, we dont even know if we will for sure have a 2014 sub.

Mattel could make her a bonus non-sub figure like Bubble Power She-Ra, so that she isn't taking up any slots.
    This I would be very fine with. if she made outside the sub it would be the best of both worlds.

I'd definitley take 2, one for me and one for my son who has just started getting into the line.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Even more unfortunate that Teela is rare and expensive is the fact that the quality is iffy. Some Teelas had tight neck pegs and others had terrible bobble heads. I had 2 Teelas with bobble heads before I was finally able to acquire a 3rd Teela with very tight joints in great shape.

I think a Teela 2.0 would be better than a straight reissue, especially if Mattel could find a way to make her an official variant, like Bubble Power She-Ra.

If they did a straight up reissue then I would pass. If they did a recolor using the existing mold but gave her more accurate vintage toy colors (red accessories, dark red boots, all gold bracelets) then I would most likely buy her. If they did a 2.0 then I would definitely buy her.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I would buy 1 more

Ideally we would see something like this in 2013. Enough folks want a new Teela of SOME sort... this release could be a Teela with most of her first MOTUC appearance traits, but with the added upgrade of a two-piece tunic so she can twist at the waist, maybe scratch the cobra armor and helmeted second head, and instead include one of the following second heads instead: a blonde tiara'd Alcala mini-comic head, or a long ponytailed 2002 head, etc. Probably keep the paint decos the same as the original release, but accessory-wise swap out Zoar, the bird stand, and her previous accessories for all-new weaponry (like her Filmation sword or whatnot). A release like this could appease fans who never got a Teela in the first place and also lure in Teela fans like myself who already own both regular and BG Teela, but would welcome another variant so long as she turns at the waist, doesn't have bobble head, and came with a few new bells and whistles accessory-wise
    You would easily get another $27 out of my pocket if you did this, ol' Matty! Besides, I'd love to be able to mix and match parts between all three Teelas just to have some variety. Same goes with Evil-Lyn. I'd love to have a third Lyn figure released! Heck, give me a brand new outside-the-sub Teela Vs. Evil-Lyn variant two-pack (um, best idea EVER???!!!) and kill two birds with one stone! How cool would a set like that be? Especially for those MOC collectors...
    Last edited by zodak74; January 4, 2013 at 01:40pm.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Ideally we would see something like this in 2013. Enough folks want a new Teela of SOME sort... this release could be a Teela with most of her first MOTUC appearance traits, but with the added upgrade of a two-piece tunic so she can twist at the waist, maybe scratch the cobra armor and helmeted second head, and instead include one of the following second heads instead: a blonde tiara'd Alcala mini-comic head, or a long ponytailed 2002 head, etc. Probably keep the paint decos the same as the original release, but accessory-wise swap out Zoar, the bird stand, and her previous accessories for all-new weaponry (like her Filmation sword or whatnot). A release like this could appease fans who never got a Teela in the first place and also lure in Teela fans like myself who already own both regular and BG Teela, but would welcome another variant so long as she turns at the waist, doesn't have bobble head, and came with a few new bells and whistles accessory-wise
    You would easily get another $27 out of my pocket if you did this, ol' Matty! Besides, I'd love to be able to mix and match parts between all three Teelas just to have some variety. Same goes with Evil-Lyn. I'd love to have a third Lyn figure released! Heck, give me a brand new outside-the-sub Teela Vs. Evil-Lyn variant two-pack (um, best idea EVER???!!!) and kill two birds with one stone! How cool would a set like that be? Especially for those MOC collectors...
    Maybe add a "perched" version of Zoar along with the stand we need for TOD Zoar... I always wanted a Zoar with folded wings.

Maybe add a "perched" version of Zoar along with the stand we need for TOD Zoar... I always wanted a Zoar with folded wings.
    You know, that's definitely taking the mixing and matching aspect of these kinds of releases another step forward! Great idea Plus it would be nice to have some differentiation between Zoar and Screech. Screech is something that should be posed in flight and ready to battle, while you often saw Zoar in Filmation in that passive "perched there and watching you" mode. If I had a perched Zoar, I'd definitely put that one on display instead of the wings spread version.

I would buy 1 more Teela (re-release of the original MOTUC one) if Matty sold her again.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I would buy one, i dont have her in my collection and prices on ebay with shipping just hurts my budget on figures.
    That D-bait Guy From POLAND

Heroic Warrior
    I would like one more for a 'snake armor' version. Someone to represent 'Goddess' for me on the shelf.

Most of all, I would like a Teela Varient that LOOKS LIKE TEELA!!! I'm fine with blonde Battlefield version being an alternate variation...but I do NOT like that being the 'standard' Teela in the mythos.

Give us a 2.0 body for regular teela... Filmation Teela... Even a 200x Teela. SOMETHING that fills that niche and gives everyone a 'teela'.

Mattel has rereleased figures in other lines at later dates, in some cases they were new productions based on looking at them. I have seen many people complain about hasbro rereleasing mostly the same Star Wars figures over and over.

So there is precedence. This could help get a Teela 2.0 or something similar also. Considering how many people aren't happy with some of the characters coming out each year, I find the taking up a slot argument a bit eeh.

Also fan demand is what got the sub, and several other things that they said they wouldn't do early on.

It hurts nothing to try, but nothing will happen if everyone does nothing at all.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I would like one more for a 'snake armor' version. Someone to represent 'Goddess' for me on the shelf.

Most of all, I would like a Teela Varient that LOOKS LIKE TEELA!!! I'm fine with blonde Battlefield version being an alternate variation...but I do NOT like that being the 'standard' Teela in the mythos.

Give us a 2.0 body for regular teela... Filmation Teela... Even a 200x Teela. SOMETHING that fills that niche and gives everyone a 'teela'.
    They do that and people will STILL complain. Teela is different in every canon. Either she is blonde, she wears high-heels or she's a teenager. Mattel will simply have to pick one and pack enough accessories/extras to keep fans happy. Teela 2.0 is a way to get a Filmation Teela variant out there (which is the closest to the original version) and kill off that blonde tiara head in one swoop.

If we are getting a Teela again how about a Snake Teela???

My issue with a Teela 2.0 is she worth taking up a month spot at this point? I would rather every spot be given to someone that has not had a figure made. I would be ****** if Teela 2.0 did happen, just would be more happier with brand new character
    I understand where you are coming from. My expectation is that they will want to offer things like a real Teela 2.0 and Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn when they no longer have guaranteed sales with subs. Those are big name variants that even people who have been with the line all along will want to get--you know unless they were driven off by the QC problems.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I say Matty should add Teela to the Essentials (based on an order from the factory of a standard run for a re-issue figure) after BP She-Ra sells out (and dropped from Essentials). That way there are still a normal amount of "girl" figures available in the Essentials. It takes up no slots in the subs, and I can get 1, 2 or even 3 of her compared to the ZERO I have now (started collecting in Aug 2012). Hasbro always keeps the "main" characters from ANY toy line available each year by spreading them out through the waves. Matty does things differently, and if my idea was used, they could rotate in other uber-desirable figs into the Essentials so we can fill our collections and Matty's pockets! (maybe like Fisto, Sorceress, Evil-Lyn, MAA, etc).
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

I would take 2 more, straight up release, but not opposed to new release, 2.0 or some variant!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    I say Matty should add Teela to the Essentials (based on an order from the factory of a standard run for a re-issue figure) after BP She-Ra sells out (and dropped from Essentials). That way there are still a normal amount of "girl" figures available in the Essentials. It takes up no slots in the subs, and I can get 1, 2 or even 3 of her compared to the ZERO I have now (started collecting in Aug 2012). Hasbro always keeps the "main" characters from ANY toy line available each year by spreading them out through the waves. Matty does things differently, and if my idea was used, they could rotate in other uber-desirable figs into the Essentials so we can fill our collections and Matty's pockets! (maybe like Fisto, Sorceress, Evil-Lyn, MAA, etc).
    I don't think Essentials was meant to be a vehicle for new customers to purchase past core figs but more of a necessity to get rid of overproduced stock. I'm of the opinion that Matty wants to get rid of the Essentials shop ASAP.