Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Estimating the demand for Teela

I'd get another!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

+1 here....She is one I missed and definitely want!

Count me in for 2 more Teela figures.
    I'd like one to display in the snake armor and a MOC one.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'd get one or two if it was a 2.0 Teela with a softer Filmation-inspired tunic, twisting waist, blonde-haired version of the Classics head, and an extra head with red 200X-ish ponytail. There's no reason to include the Goddess Snake Armor or Headress since we already have two versions of that. Call her "Eternos Palace" or "Captain of the Royal Guard" Teela, just as long as she isn't a straight re-issue of the original version!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I looked when I came in around July 2011, she was $60 along with Tri-Klops & MAA was $80....for those prices....I was fine without, even though I needed them badly.

Enter 2011 Matty BF/CM sale....hello guys, welcome to the collection! I just wish I bought 2 Teela's.
    Pretty sure I got her in an eBay lot for about $30 per figure.

Heroic Warrior
    5 on the spot. More over time if she were regularly available as an "Essential". Mix/matching with BG Teela is a great female army builder.

Heroic Warrior
    I have 2 already, but I want 1 more for her vintage snake-armor look. So...

+1

Sorry about your count, OP.

+1
    Own one from my original subscription but would purchase another to display with alternate head/sword.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Definately NEED another one!

+1!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I'd buy 1-2 Teela 2.0, provided that the cobra armor and helmet are separate pieces.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I'd buy 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Armoured View Post
    I'd buy 2.
    I was lucky my first motuc lot I won of ebay had the clasics collor sorceress shes fetching a pretty good price as well but I do need a teela or two. please rerelease her mattle by the DR gods I comand!!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't see a straight rerelease happening but an Eternos Palace version is highly probable and I'd buy one of those.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd definitely buy 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I'd get one or two if it was a 2.0 Teela with a softer Filmation-inspired tunic, twisting waist, blonde-haired version of the Classics head, and an extra head with red 200X-ish ponytail. There's no reason to include the Goddess Snake Armor or Headress since we already have two versions of that. Call her "Eternos Palace" or "Captain of the Royal Guard" Teela, just as long as she isn't a straight re-issue of the original version!
    This is a great idea. The only tooling would be for the new head. Just make sure the tunic can actualy twist like was intended. Cobra armor is available in the weapons pack anyway.

I'd definitely snag another Teela if she were available although I imagine there are enough things to do with Teela to make a decent release without the need for simple 2.0 nonsense.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Pretty sure I got her in an eBay lot for about $30 per figure.
    Not when I was looking, she was selling for around $60, and I saw no less than 6 to 7 of her at a time going for that much, even the BIN figures were selling for that....and I mean selling, not asking prices. Hence why I didn't own her until BF 2011. Otherwise at $30 I would have snapped her up fast, and as far as lots....I didn't have that kind of money to buy a whole lot, regardless of how much a figure they came out to be.

The individual figure prices were around $60 when I was looking.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

lots are good for getting figures like Teela cheap, but you often have to pay for a bunch of stuff you don't want at all. When I looked last week she was going for 90 on Ebay. Since she is the only figure left I want it's kind of frustrating.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    lots are good for getting figures like Teela cheap, but you often have to pay for a bunch of stuff you don't want at all. When I looked last week she was going for 90 on Ebay. Since she is the only figure left I want it's kind of frustrating.
    That is another reason I don't like lots, I don't want to have to waste time and effort to resell a bunch of figures I didn't want in the first place, and paying all that money just to get the one figure I wanted.

And yeah, Teela is bad in Ebay now....horrible, worse than MAA before BF 2011....I hope you can find her somehow cheaper....The last figures I want from what's released is Griffin & Wun-Dar, but if I can't find Wun-Dar for a price I want to pay, then I can live without, as I don't need him, he'd just be cool to have. And Griffin, I may get if I get around to him, if not, no biggie.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I'd probably get at least 2...one to open, and one to keep carded...working on my 8-back collection. Bring her back!!!
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    That is another reason I don't like lots, I don't want to have to waste time and effort to resell a bunch of figures I didn't want in the first place, and paying all that money just to get the one figure I wanted.

And yeah, Teela is bad in Ebay now....horrible, worse than MAA before BF 2011....I hope you can find her somehow cheaper....The last figures I want from what's released is Griffin & Wun-Dar, but if I can't find Wun-Dar for a price I want to pay, then I can live without, as I don't need him, he'd just be cool to have. And Griffin, I may get if I get around to him, if not, no biggie.
    Yeah you can turn the lots thing around and say something like that also means you probably paid 30 bucks for Faceless one, Carnivus, each Star Sister and a few others. I say that liking Faceless One and Carnivus.

At least I decided I didn't want to go for the original figures with Beastman. Merman and Man-at-arms wouldn't be too much work atm, but Beastman and Teela would be a nightmare.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'd buy 1 more right now and maybe a 2nd once CG comes out and I start thinking about how to display my figures with it.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    If Mattel don't want to "turn the machine back on" for Teela, then release a new variant of her out of the sub - A filmation style Teela with waist swivel (pack in a blond head or something) is also in demand and could be a winner - new fans will pick her up, completists will and if she's different enough, people who already have the 1st release.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

As I don't have any and looking at prices on Ebay I'll definitely buy at least 2, but I really hope they will re-release her!