Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Sales round up, how much did you buy?

2012 Sales round up, how much did you buy?

I was just going over my receipt list where I catalog what I spend on toys throughout the year. Can anyone say OCD? Well I found that I purchased approximately 89 items from Matty..or through a friend from Matty. Including shipping and taxes that comes to about $2500 this year. I really like the toys and will gladly spend this much next year if the product is available. So what does your haul look like this year for the MOTUC brand?

Edit: Title should read 2012..can a mod fix this for me??

My first year so...

58 MOTUC items plus a sub for '13 & Castle Grayskull.

I also dabbled in DCUC, Marvel Select, Doctor Who, Character Building (like lego), 90's X-Men & Fantastic Four, Danger Girl, Trash Pack, Monster High, Marvel Legends, DC Direct...and I think thats it lol.

Forecast for next year still playing catch up in MOTUC, new Watchmen sub, Power Lords reveal, more dabbling in randomness.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

After doing some calculations, I just found out that I've spent just about $2000 on MOTUC this year alone, that includes also the comics from DC!
    Man that's a little depressing to know, especially knowing where the line is headed...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I refuse to do this, as the end result would easily derail my MOTUC collecting habit. It's just best NOT to know...

Heroic Warrior
    I'm only 20 figures shy of completing the main collection (not including SDCC variants like color-changing Orko, etc) and I only started about half a year ago. I won't even try to figure out the cost.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Well, without getting into finances, and I too keep all the shipping invoices and catalog how much was spent....Why? I don't know, I just like keeping record of how long I had a particular collection piece....

From Matty....
    2011's BGEL & Demo Man!!!!! since I got billed for them in 2012....

15 2012 regular figures

2 30th figures

1 Weapons Pack

3 NOS (new old stock) figures I needed from DOS

3 extra 2012 figures for customs or for MOSC

2 regular NOS figures I needed & Marlena from BF/CM

And Granamyr, of which I am currently awaiting arrival....

From BBTS....
    2 regular figures

1 TRU 2 pack

30 MOTUC in 2012..........

I bought more than half my collection this year....very easily and cheaply I might add....I bought nothing from Ebay at all.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 1, 2013 at 08:45pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm a brand new MOTUC collector. Just started in November. I have about 22 figures, 2 monsters, 4 Beasts (Granamyr included) and I pre-ordered Castle Grayskull.

I was only able to get a few figures directly from Matty sadly since I am late and much of the stock is gone. But I bought what I could to directly support the MOTUC line. I missed the cutoff for a 2013 subscription, but will make sure I get a sub for 2014 if the line continues.

I stopped collecting comics (except MOTU from DC), and I no longer collect videogames like I used to, so now MOTUC is pretty much where all my money goes. I am addicted now.

...an the reason no one is posting the $$$ amounts of what they have purchased this year.... one word... [WIVES].

YOU SPENT HOW MUCH!!!?!!! WHERE YOU GOING?! GET BACK HERE! WE NEED TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW!

...lol
    Last edited by Replikor; January 1, 2013 at 09:21pm.

^

NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    This year I had 2x subs to MOTUC, MOTUC 30th, and Voltron (6 subs total), and I was playing catch-up from only starting MOTUC in August of 2011. Everything I bought from DR was charged to my Amex card so I just went onto my online year-end statement, and without giving away the exact amount, Digital River made up a whopping 11% of my 2012 spend! To put that in perspective, the next merchant in line was my local supermarket at 5% of my spend!

Glad I didn't sub this year... (And I'll be selling of the MOC versions of everything at some point in the next few months to reclaim some space!)

Heroic Warrior
    lol i refuse to do this!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I bought Fisto, Kobra Khan, TP He-Man, SMAA, Stinkor, Spikor, Mekaneck, DB Skeletor, Rattlor, Mosquitor, CG Man & Draego Man. So 12 figures for me.

Personally I would be saddened if I tallied it all up I bought the entire MOTUC collection this year and multiples of many of them. Well I still need Mo-Larr but he is a whatever figure to me. This has been a VERY expensive year for me. But I do not regret one penny of it.

Add 1 sub plus I buy extras of the vintage figures made into classics form. I also bought an extra Wind Raider,Snout Spout,Buzz Off,Moss Man & Clawful.

2 of everything except only one Granny and the Great Unrest Weapons pack.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...an the reason no one is posting the $$$ amounts of what they have purchased this year.... one word... [WIVES].

YOU SPENT HOW MUCH!!!?!!! WHERE YOU GOING?! GET BACK HERE! WE NEED TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW!

...lol
    LOL, I white out the total on my receipt list, just so my wife doesnt have to see it. She supports my addiction, but just doesnt care to see the $$ spent. MOTUC only represents about a quarter of my total for this year. I also collect Hot Wheels, CARS, GI Joe, Star Wars, Legos, etc. Then there is the 24 x 32 shop I am building in the back yard to house all this stuff. I cant wait for it to be done and then I can actually post some collection pics. Right now it is just stacks of boxes and not very interesting to look at.

Heroic Warrior
    Too much!

I got one of each of whatever was released, plus a few doubles to give as gifts to my kids.

2 Star Sisters
    1 Sorceress
    2 Fisto
    1 Fearless Photog
    1 Shadow Weaver
    1 Kobra Kahn
    1 TP He-Man
    2 Draego-Man
    1 Stinkor
    2 Slushhead
    2 Mighty Spector
    1 Horde Prime
    1 SMAA
    2 Griffin
    2 Spikor
    2 Vikron
    1 SLL
    1 Mekaneck
    1 DB Skeletor
    2 Snake Men Packs
    2 Frosta
    1 Rattlor
    1 Cy-Chop
    1 Great Unrest WP
    1 Dekker
    1 EP King Randor
    1 CGM
    1 TOD Sorceress
    1 Procrustus
    1 Mosquitor
    1 Granamyr
    1 MAA

I spent more than I was planning on...which is a pleasent surprise...I was going to pass on CGM and a few other figs Procustus / Frosta / Sir Lazer Lot / Draego Man...etc...but when it came time to buy and I saw reviews, I happily increased my 2012 MOTUC buying...bring on 2013!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    This came up before.

Still don't wanna know.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

...lol
    You nailed that one- Ha! Or Husbands too, I should think...

roughly $1100 on Classics and $600 on vintage.....next year I'm only in for my sub and will use the ones I don't want for trade fodder for the stuff I have left to get or extras I want that they throw at us.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I refuse to do this, as the end result would easily derail my MOTUC collecting habit. It's just best NOT to know...
    Holy smokes! You are so right....... I hate thinking about how much money I fork over to Mattel, BBTS, eBay, etc...

I'd rather not have that heart-attack!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    I Just decided to start a collection this past Black Friday, so my 2012 was $235 for the 10 figures I've bought off Matty Collector, TOys r Us and a collector selling off some of his pieces.

Panthor, Trapjaw, Merman, Skeletor, He-man, Man-at-arms, Orko/Adam, Sorceress, Fisto, Battlecat, DraegoMan, ScareGlow, Spikor, Clawful, Stinkor, Webstor, Mekaneck, MossMan, HordePrime, Mosquitor, Leech, Hordak, Frosta, SnakeMen Army Builder, Rattlor, Kobra Khan, Eternos Randor, Marlena, Dekker, Faceless One, Carnivus, King Greyskull, TOD sorceress, Castle GreyskullMan, BattleGround Evil-Lyn, Granamyr and ordered Castle Greyskull.
    Also got the most recent weapons pack and the Weapons stand.

Considering I only discovered that this line existed just before Stinkor came out this year, I've managed to do pretty well. I don't want to know how much money I've spent.

The only figures that I want and don't currently have are Thunderpunch He-man and Whiplash... I'd also like Teela but am not holding my breath for that one.
    Wouldn't mind a Tri-Klops if I can find one reasonably cheap.

1 Club Eternia sub + 1 30th anniversary sub + extra Sorceress + Vykron + MOTU 30th anniversary party hat & party blower + extra He-Man (for someone else) + extra Skeletor (for someone else) + TOD Sorceress + PowerCon fused Keldor Sword + extra Battleground Teela + Weapons Pack #3+ extra Castle Grayskullman

- Joni -
    Last edited by EuroCoin; January 2, 2013 at 08:53am. Reason: Some information added
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images