Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Sales round up, how much did you buy?

I have no idea what it cost me - no doubt its a small fortune wiht cost of shipping to Australia.

I bought 2 of everything through the subs (both Club Eternia and 30th Anniversary), plus a third for each figure with 2 heads. I also preordered 4 subs and 2 Castle Grayskulls. I bought 7 x Snake Men 2-paks in total (including my 2 subs), 2x Granamyr, 2xTankTop Vykron and 3x Space Ace Vykron and 2x weapons pak. I also bought an extra Snake MAA, MAA, Skeletor and Dragon Blaster Skeletor to do some mixing and matching to create 200x MAA and each Skeletor body displayed with each armor (original and Dragon).

Matty also got me for a DC subscription, of which the only items I'm actually welcoming to my collection are Elastigirl & Dollman and the Mobius Chair with Metron. All the other figures I already had through DC Direct series and I'm not counting Rocket Red because a) he is not the iconic JLI version and (most importantly) b) he is not to scale!!

An .Orger helped me out with my 1x PowerCon Keldor sword.

Ebay stitched me up for 1x Barbarian Vykron, 2 x TOD Sorceress, 1x Zodak (in readiness for the head with Strobo) and 2x Teela for my M&M mini-comic Teela and caucasian Goddess display.

There is no way I'd ever want to add the cost of all that.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

All subscribtion items, all 30th anniversary sub items and all the stuff which came outside of the sub + 1 extra Horde Prime + 1 Faker from Black Friday + 5 Snake Mountain Stands.

Did not buy Granamyr yet, but I will.

Total bill 2012 about $1700.

EDIT:

Sorry, wrong currency, it is not 1700 US-Dollars it is 1700 Euros. So my real bill is $2240.
    Last edited by Barnster; January 2, 2013 at 11:11am.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

cyber-assassin
    71 figures including teela, b.a. faker, wun-dar, shadow weaver, 2 goddesses, marlena/cringer, adam/orko, king greyskull, and he-ro. most were 20-25each otherwise. or about 33 after shipping. So not counting exclusives, I figure I spent over 2 grand.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Heroic Warrior
    Here's my buy list:

Draego Man
    Sorceress
    MechAnek
    Palace Randor
    Horde Prime
    Snake Men pack
    Great unrest unrest weapons pack

That's pretty much it.

This is my first year for MOTUC, so I put a good dent into the collections so far...plus I collect vintage as well, so my funds get spread out a bit. But my Classics additions were.....

From Matty:
    Mosquitor
    He-man
    Skelly
    BA Skelly
    Adam/Orko
    EP Randor
    Queen Marlena/cringer
    King Grayskull
    BA Teela
    Mossman
    BA Evil Lyn
    Webstor
    Panthor
    Battle Cat
    Trap Jaw
    Merman
    Grizzlor

Secondary Market:
    Bow
    Stratos
    Rattlor
    MAA
    Hordak
    Zodak
    Leech
    She-Ra
    He-Ro
    Swiftwind
    King Hisss

This is a dangerous thread! Its sort of like a smoker adding up how much they spent on cigarettes for the year. Definitely a reality check to see the bottom line.

But also consider this. Some people spend hundreds of dollars on things like the aforementioned smokes, coffee (morning, afternoon, and mid-afternoon pick-me-up), manicures & pedicures. Some people get takeout for lunch or dine out for dinner every day.... If you've got the disposable income do with it as you please! Still, its very sobering for someone to look at their tally and realize they could have gone on a really nice vacation to the Caribbean!
    Odds, Bobs, Hammer and Tongs!

Ugh, I'd hate to look at the actual numbers but it's probably in the $2500+ range. Aside from the first set of figures I bought in Nov/Dec 2011, I bought EVERYTHING else last year. Once the Tytus I bought on eBay shows up in a few days, I'll be completely caught up with my collection. 2012 was an expensive year for MOTUC but I stopped buying DVD's & video games, as well as cut down a lot of other expenses during the year, so it all kinda evened out in the end!

All new 2012 figures, plus weapons pack, stands and bought some extra figures to display. So in the end...TOO BLOODY MUCH!!!
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Ugh, I'd hate to look at the actual numbers but it's probably in the $2500+ range. Aside from the first set of figures I bought in Nov/Dec 2011, I bought EVERYTHING else last year. Once the Tytus I bought on eBay shows up in a few days, I'll be completely caught up with my collection. 2012 was an expensive year for MOTUC but I stopped buying DVD's & video games, as well as cut down a lot of other expenses during the year, so it all kinda evened out in the end!
    same here, I purchased about a dozen or so figures before january of 2012... but EVERY other one was bought in 2012. I am right now caught up with all the figures released so far, an plan to stay that way if at all possible.

Heroic Warrior
    Added mine up. About $1100 total.

Looking back over 2012, the figures i purchased from Matty (subs notwithstanding) were MOTU Classics ~ and outside of that, select few Vintage and 200X figures to complete my collection of those lines.

Staying on topic, i have two MOTU subs plus i've bought extra figures/items outside of the sub meaning: ToD Sorceress (x2), PowerCon Keldor Sword (x2), Granamyr (x2), Weapons Pak (x2), Snake Mountain Stands (x7), SDCC Vykron (x2) plus the six 30th Anniversary figures (x2 of each) and to a lesser extent, other 30th Anniversary items.

I'm not sure i want to calculate how much it's cost in the end LoL, as long as i can continue to afford it i'll keep collecting MOTU Classics.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Purchases from 2012...

From Matty...
    - 30th He-Man and Battle Cat anniversary set
    - Frosta (DOS)
    - Castle Grayskullman (DOS)
    - Trap Jaw (Cyber Monday)
    - Stratos (Cyber Monday)

On the forums...
    - Skeletor (TRU)
    - Man-E-Faces
    - Capt Glenn (MOC)
    - Prince Adam
    - Orko (separate from Adam)
    - Zodac (TRU)

ebay
    - too much to list!

My total collection of figs right now is 22 (counting Cringer and the duplicate He-Man and Battle Cat my son has). I have 2 Mer-Man's in the mail that I traded for (from a sub holder that got the Frosta free gift) and I'm trying to work a deal for Keldor and Evil-Lyn (yellow) but that looks like it may fall through due to lack of contact. I also have a deal for a Ram-Man and Fang Man in the works. Sure hope that pans out!

My focus for 2013 will be...
    - Ram Man
    - Jitsu
    - Fang Man
    - Castle Grayskull (pre-ordered)

... and filling holes in the collection as much as I can. Granamyr is a lost cause as he's too expensive and I doubt anyone would take GIJOEs for him. He's cool and I'm happy he came in red. I'm a Filmation guy.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

For 2012 alone, and on Matty alone, I spent $1794.72. That is almost $700 more than I spent in 2011 ....so, I might be a little obsessed...and of course that doesn't include the occasional MOTUC purchase from ebay or BBTS or other outlets....

I got vikor,leech,mosquitor and the blue Merman coming in at about $80

Heroic Warrior
    I had both subs, bought two extra Sorceresses, two sets of Grayskull stands, and Granamyr. I've sold off Spector and Snake MAA, and am still trying to sell off the Star Sisters, Griffin, Dekker, and possibly the Snake Men 2-pack. Also trying to sell off an extra Snout Spout from last year. I'll see how my Granamyr comes out when I get him, but my favorite figures this year are the Sorceress, Granamyr, Filmation Randor, Slushhead, Draego Man, Shadow Weaver, Horde Prime, Mosquitor, Procrustus, and Kobra Khan. The others (that I'm not trying to sell) are all good, but the ones I mentioned are my favorites.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

I just started collecting in February 2012 and I spent $2391.51 this year on MOTUC!

Matty - $1408.64
    eBay - $561.36
    Amazon - $295.55
    Toys R Us - $125.96

And so far for 2013 I've already spent $112.48 for SHADOW WEAVER, plus an additional $270.70 is promised for Castle Grayskull

Here's my purchases thus far:

TEELA
    SORCERESS
    QUEEN MARLENA
    LEECH
    KOBRA KHAN
    GRIZZLOR
    FAKER
    FISTO
    WEBSTOR
    WHIPLASH
    CLAWFUL
    HE-RO
    ROBOTO
    GRANAMYR
    MOSQUITOR
    PROCRUSTUS
    TEMPLE OF DARKNESS SORCERESS
    SNOUT SPOUT
    VIKOR
    THE FACELESS ONE
    PRINCESS ADORA
    CATRA
    BATTLEGROUND TEELA
    CHIEF CARNIVUS
    COUNT MARZO
    KING RANDOR
    DEKKER
    RATTLOR
    KING GRAYSKULL
    BATTLE ARMOR HE-MAN
    WIND RAIDER
    MEKANECK
    SNAKE MEN 2-PACK
    WEAPONS RACK
    6” FLIGHT STANDS
    ETERNIAN PALACE GUARDS 2-PACK x 2
    BUBBLE POWER SHE-RA
    SHE-RA
    SPIKOR
    HORDE PRIME
    GRIFFIN
    EVIL-LYN
    STINKOR x 2
    KING HSSSS
    ORKO WITH PRINCE ADAM
    TRI-KLOPS
    MAN-E-FACES
    KELDOR
    BATTLE CAT x 2
    PANTHOR
    TRAP JAW x 2
    BATTLEGROUND EVIL-LYN
    HORDAK
    MER-MAN
    HE-MAN x 2
    SKELETOR
    MOSS MAN
    BUZZ OFF
    SYKLONE
    ZODAK
    STRATOS
    ZODAC
    BEAST MAN
    MAN-AT-ARMS

SUPER GIRL VS SHE-RA
    HAWKMAN VS STRATOS
    GREEN LANTERN VS ZODAC
    AQUAMAN VS MERMAN

2013 SHOULD be much cheaper than 2012!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know the answer money wise, but here is what I finally purchased for 2012: (I am a subscriber)

1 Star Sisters
    1 Sorceress
    1 Fisto
    1 Shadow Weaver
    1 Kobra Khan
    1 Stinkor
    1 Slushhead
    1 Horde Prime
    1 Spikor
    1 Mekaneck
    1 Frosta
    1 Rattlor
    1 Dekker
    1 Mosquitor (still waiting for delivery, the PO lost it and I hope Matty can make it right)
    1 TP He-Man
    1 Snake MAA
    1 DB Skeletor
    1 EP Randor
    1 Gryphon
    4 sets of Snake Men Warriors
    3 Vykrons
    1 Procrustus (Lost, hope Matty can replace)
    1 Photog
    1 Draego-Man
    1 Mighty Spector
    1 Sir Laser Lot
    1 Cy-Chop
    1 Castle Grayskullman
    1 Granamyr
    1 Catra (for my daughter)
    1 Wind Raider
    8 Snake Mountain Stand sets
    5 Castle Grayskull Stand sets
    1 Weapons Pack
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Not sure about totals myself but... I got: Thunder Punch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Sorceress, Filmation Randor, Mekaneck, Kobra Khan, Spikor and pre-ordered Castle Grayskull. Missed out on Fisto (screw you, eBay) and Stinkor.

2013 looks like it'll just be Ram-Man, Jitsu and Grayskull. Can't think of many other figures I'd even want at this point. Maybe Two Bad?
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Omg, I don't even wanna think about how much I spent on matty. I had one sub for both the 2012 eternia and the 30th and I bought an extra Spikor for myself, an extra Spikor, panther and battle cat as gifts, I bought one of each of all three vykron pack outs, one Granamyr and I think that's it unless you count my 4 castle grayskulls
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Heroic Warrior
    I added 40 figures and beasts in 2012. I am only 13 figures shy of being all caught up, which is my goal for 2013.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    So what does your haul look like this year for the MOTUC brand?
    I prefer not to think about it. I tend not to dwell in the past. It distracts from the now.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 7, 2013 at 11:22am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

My 2012 purchases were:

Fisto
    Draego-Man
    Stinkor
    Horde Prime
    Griffin
    Snake men
    GU Weapons pack
    Pre-order Castle Grayskull

I'm really happy with the figures I purchased, but overall 2012 had the highest percentage of lame ducks thus far.

Skipped:
    Star Sisters
    Sorceress
    Fearless Photog
    Shadow Weaver
    Kobra Kahn
    TP He-MAn
    Slushhead
    M Spector
    Snake MAT (purchased just the head)
    Spikor
    Vykron
    Lazer Lot
    Mekaneck*
    DB Skeletor
    Frostsa
    Rattlor
    Cy-Chop
    Dekker
    King Randor 2.0
    Castle Grayskullman*

*Would like to own at some point
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

about 1500.00
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Well from Matty i had:
    just the 1 main sub this year - 23 "mailer boxes of figures" (eg counted star sisters as 1 and same for Snake men 2pack)
    + 1 30th anniversary sub
    + 3 Vykrons
    + 4 additional snakeman 2packs
    + 1 TOD sorceress
    + 6 Snake Mountain Stands
    + GU Weapons Pack
    + 1 Granaymr
    + 1 additonal for customs/alt display options of Kobra Khan, Rattlor, Slushead, Mighty Spector, Horde Prime, Snake Man at Arms, Spikor, Adora (from Black Wednesday), Battleground Teela (From Black Wednesday)
    + 1 additional for my nephew of, Draego Man, Secret Identity pack (He-Man, BA Skeletor, Adam/Orko)
    + 2 Castle Grayskull pre orders (not paid for but ordered)

From Ebay
    + 2 Castle Grayskull Men,
    + 1 Jewelstar

...Damn. no wonder I am not going on holiday this year...
    Last edited by Nianotreve; January 9, 2013 at 09:37am.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm definitely not going to figure out the cost; no reason to depress myself by knowing how much money I've parted with here.

Basically, I got everything from the MOTUC line and DCUC line as if I had a sub with Matty. I had to pay through the nose for Weaver (missed the pre-order for her on Big Bad because my Matty problems occurred well after she was sold out), but did get Metron through BBTS. A couple figure I got multiples of, like Frosta, for possible future customs. I also got the non-sub items like weapons packs and the old dragon, as well. Basically, if it had Masters or it was aDC classics/Infinite, I got it. Also picked up all the JLU 3-packs.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman