Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 65 of 65

Thread: 2012 Sales round up, how much did you buy?

  1. #51
    Fake Impostor Non-Fan pH6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Lapua, Finland
    Posts
    11,600
    7 figures, 2x2-pack. Some cherries willingly unpicked, for some didn't even have a chance.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior braxsis364's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    7 figures, 2x2-pack. Some cherries willingly unpicked, for some didn't even have a chance.
    Im up to about $1,300.00

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    Im up to about $1,300.00
    slacker...

    I came in in November of year before last, an bought [ALL] of the figures released up to now in 2012, all during last year except for 12 I managed to find in a bulk lot on ebay before January of 2012 at $200.
    So, as of last count [counting the extra figures I purchased for custom figures] I am pushing...

    [make sure ot make the lil cha-ching sound then an a lil bacon sizzling sound when you click for full effect, lol]
     
    $3,960... my wallet is still crying in the corner from all the abuse of 2012... lol
    right now for 2012 purchases alone. An that's a rough estimate guessing, at $30 per item for "ALL MOTUC items to date including non figure items which dont go for that much". So $30 x the 131 figures I own [counting extras for customs, giants, vehicles, accessory packs, etc]. "An this estimate is coming from buyin from reputable .Org marketplace sellers ONLY, an waiting for good deals... "

    I dont even wanna thinks about using secondary markets like Amazon an Evil-bay only... [shivers]....

    So for new ppl coming into classics, I recommend having at least $4K ready to be spent so you can get caught up for all of the 2008-2012 figures [excluding the silver shera, and bronze & spirit grayskulls]... lol
    So as of RIGHT NOW! Masters of the Universe Classics will run you as much as a used car to be caught up!!!! INSANE!!!! lol
    Last edited by Replikor; January 11, 2013 at 09:26am.

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    356
    I started collecting toys after SDCC 2012. Between SDCC Exclusives, GI Joes, Marvel Universe, MOTUC, Transformers and DC Collectibles, I have about 2500 spent in the last 6 months.

  5. #55
    Refreshing Midwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Home of the Power Tour
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    I started collecting toys after SDCC 2012. Between SDCC Exclusives, GI Joes, Marvel Universe, MOTUC, Transformers and DC Collectibles, I have about 2500 spent in the last 6 months.
    I remember the days before I got married and had a kid!

    You are on a rampage! Rock on!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

  6. #56
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,719
    I'm too tired to do the math right now but I had one regular sub and the only extras I picked up were Fearless Photog, an extra TP He-Man, and Vykron.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    I remember the days before I got married and had a kid!
    Same here. I made sure to buy the holy grail of my toy collection a few months BEFORE I got married because I knew it wouldn't happen afterwards.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior AdultCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,669
    How much did 2012 cost in terms of shipping and tax? I'd also like to know just how much more money the price increases have cost us, and how much more we should expect to spend this year.

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    I remember the days before I got married and had a kid!
    lo...that's embarrassing...I have been married for 13 years and have 2 kids!!!

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior aey103's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    144
    I really shouldn't have checked but I totaled up my purchases in the order history and including shipping I spent just under $1700 on Matty Collector in 2012. Included in that total is the main MOTUC sub, 30th sub, and Voltron sub as well as 12 other MOTUC figures, 2 weapon packs, 3 SDCC exclusive Vykrons, Blazing Sword Voltron, and DCIE Atrocitus. Oh and a PKE Meter too. In 2013 I hope to limit the extra MOTUC figures and with no 30th Sub or Voltron sub I would like to see my spending this year go below $1000.

  10. #60
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,013
    Gosh... It would be easy to see if my Order History weren't missing But I guess I can do it this way:

    Star Sisters x 2
    Fisto x2
    Sorceress x2
    Fearless Photog x1
    Fearless Photog x1 (sale price)
    Shadow Weaver x1
    Shadow Weaver x1 (BBTS, not sure that this counts)
    Kobra Khan x1
    TP He-Man x2
    Draego-Man x2
    Stinkor x2
    Slush Head x2
    Snake Mountain Stands x2
    Spector x1
    Spector x1 (sale price)
    Horde Prime x2
    Snake MAA x2
    Griffin x1
    Spikor x2
    Vykron SDCC x2
    Sir Laser Lot x1
    Sir Laser Lot x1 (sale price)
    Mekaneck x2
    Snake Warriors 2-pack x1
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor x2
    Temple of Darkness Sorceress x4
    Frosta x3
    Rattlor x2
    Cy-Chop x1
    Weapons Pak #3 x2
    Dekker x1
    Eternos Palace Randor x1
    Castle Grayskullman x2
    Mosquitor x2
    Procrustus x1
    Granamyr x1

    Add to this all the DC figures... as well as Cyber Monday (half-off) purchases of Icarius, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Grizzlor, Count Marzo, Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw, & She-Ra


    YIKES.
    2013 would be more conservative if I could have my way, but there's more to spend on that will be coming...
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 12, 2013 at 06:58pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  11. #61
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,787
    Bunches.

    I spent bunches.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

    Also...get her into the line!

    Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    125
    I'm home sick from work today so as one of those rainy day items I went back and reconciled how much I thought I should have been charged by Matty in 2012 vs my Amex Year-End Summary. The good news is that everything seems to be in order. It was a pain in the @$$ since the "view invoice" link on the order history pages seem to be broken, and the Star Sisters installment billing plan had incorrect total info on the order history page, but at least everything seems to balance.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    How much did 2012 cost in terms of shipping and tax? I'd also like to know just how much more money the price increases have cost us, and how much more we should expect to spend this year.
    I didn't seen your question before I did my reconciliation, but with all the noise on S&H going on around here lately, I actually took a look at shipping and handling charges for myself. $281.14 for me. That is spread across my 2 subs for MOTUC/30th Anniversary, plus 2x Voltron, plus monthly non-sub orders. The funny thing is in the months where I got Voltron items with the order, it only increased the S&H charges by maybe $5.00. If I take out my non-sub orders it comes to $168.19, and without Voltron I'd say I spent $140.00 on S&H across 2 MOTUC + 30th Anniversary subs.

  13. #63
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I refuse to do this, as the end result would easily derail my MOTUC collecting habit. It's just best NOT to know...
    QFT, these threads are sooo depressing.. You always feel guilty in a weird way.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Gosh... It would be easy to see if my Order History weren't missing But I guess I can do it this way:

    Star Sisters x 2
    Fisto x2
    Sorceress x2
    Fearless Photog x1
    Fearless Photog x1 (sale price)
    Shadow Weaver x1
    Shadow Weaver x1 (BBTS, not sure that this counts)
    Kobra Khan x1
    TP He-Man x2
    Draego-Man x2
    Stinkor x2
    Slush Head x2
    Snake Mountain Stands x2
    Spector x1
    Spector x1 (sale price)
    Horde Prime x2
    Snake MAA x2
    Griffin x1
    Spikor x2
    Vykron SDCC x2
    Sir Laser Lot x1
    Sir Laser Lot x1 (sale price)
    Mekaneck x2
    Snake Warriors 2-pack x1
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor x2
    Temple of Darkness Sorceress x4
    Frosta x3
    Rattlor x2
    Cy-Chop x1
    Weapons Pak #3 x2
    Dekker x1
    Eternos Palace Randor x1
    Castle Grayskullman x2
    Mosquitor x2
    Procrustus x1
    Granamyr x1

    Add to this all the DC figures... as well as Cyber Monday (half-off) purchases of Icarius, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Grizzlor, Count Marzo, Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw, & She-Ra


    YIKES.
    2013 would be more conservative if I could have my way, but there's more to spend on that will be coming...
    I sincerely hope that you dont have your way! It is amazing to see all the goodness that we got this year. We tend to get all wrapped up in the moment of the current situation, but looking back..it sure looks nice. I can use at least as much this year, if not more. Get it while the gettin's good.

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior Nekk-ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    QFT, these threads are sooo depressing.. You always feel guilty in a weird way.
    Think about some of the things other people spend their money on; you'll feel better. For example, I think about how much someone who smokes spends on cigarettes here in Michigan ($5-8 a pack), and my hobby is pretty darn cheap, and the toys are still there even when I'm done with them.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •