Thread: The WHITE RANGER (from the original Power Rangers) or Scorpion (from Mortal Kombat)?

The WHITE RANGER (from the original Power Rangers) or Scorpion (from Mortal Kombat)?

EDITED FOR MORE SPECIFIC RESPONSES:

Okay... So these are most always "popularity contests"....so lets do this:

TWO separate questions:
    • WHO WOULD YOU WANT TO WIN? (ie. Who do you like better)
    • WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD WIN IN AN ACTUAL FIGHT and WHY? (ie. because he is made of kryptonite and Superman is vulnerable to kryptonite)

Who would get your vote? White Ranger (Tommy, from the Original Power Rangers) or Scorpion (from Mortal Kombat)?

This would be a one-off fight. (Since Scorpion is undead and can just come back if killed)

FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION (if its wrong) OR ADD TO IT

The White Ranger
    -Limited Invulnerabilty ? (Suit is resistant to fire, lasers, and ballistics)
    -Hightend strength
    -Most powerful of original Rangers (Most powerful?)
    -Enchanted Saber
    -Zord (if applicable in a fight)

Scorpion
    -undead
    -"spear" attack
    -flame attack

Did I miss anything for either?

1176158_10152154563321632_463161538_n.jpg
    Last edited by General Hawk 7; August 20, 2013 at 02:37pm.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Tommy rocks but he's better in Green. Scorpion is a killing machine. Have to go with Scorpion. Sorry JDF!

Neither!

Evil Green Ranger would beat the crap out of both of em!

What could Scorpion do to The White Ranger that could actually kill him though? Power Rangers seem to have a certain degree of invulnerablity. Scorpion has, flame? Doesn't seem to bother PR's too much. The "spear" thing? Seems likely it would just deflect off of The White Ranger's armor.
    Plus...assuming this was a "no holds barred" fight...couldn't Tommy just call on his Zord to step on Scorpion?
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    What could Scorpion do to The White Ranger that could actually kill him though? Power Rangers seem to have a certain degree of invulnerablity. Scorpion has, flame? Doesn't seem to bother PR's too much. The "spear" thing? Seems likely it would just deflect off of The White Ranger's armor.
    Plus...assuming this was a "no holds barred" fight...couldn't Tommy just call on his Zord to step on Scorpion?
    Rangers are tough and durable, but they're not immortal- the fact that one was actually killed (albeit temporarily) proves that even they have limits. Plus, Scorpion is an immortal being. Tommy can destroy Scorpion's physical form, but he can just come back- something Tommy would likely be unable to do.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

I've never ever been a Power Rangers fan, so Scorpion easily gets my vote.

Scorpion is one of the most lethal characters in the MK franchise. Scorpion should not be underestimated, unless you want to end up Toasty!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by transfan80 View Post
    Rangers are tough and durable, but they're not immortal- the fact that one was actually killed (albeit temporarily) proves that even they have limits. Plus, Scorpion is an immortal being. Tommy can destroy Scorpion's physical form, but he can just come back- something Tommy would likely be unable to do.
    Fair enough. But then by that standard...no one could actually beat Scorpion. ('Cept maybe the Ghostbusters. hehe)
    So you are saying, Tommy can beat Scorpion in a single match, Just not permanently. Sort of like beating many of the villians in sci-fi/fantasy worlds, you can beat them, but they just keep coming back. They are quite pesky that way. But in this case, you'd have an immortal "ghost" bent on vengence that would attack Tommy when he's not protected by his suit? (Or just keep comming back til he wears him down)

This would be a single match, though. Just a one time thing.

I have played Mortal Kombat years ago. I know Scorpion has the spear thing. Is that enchanted or anything? Someone I think told me he could throw flames as well?

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Scorpion...no contest.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

SCORPION

100%

SCORPION

No Power Ranger even comes close
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Fair enough. But then by that standard...no one could actually beat Scorpion. ('Cept maybe the Ghostbusters. hehe)
    So you are saying, Tommy can beat Scorpion in a single match, Just not permanently. Sort of like beating many of the villians in sci-fi/fantasy worlds, you can beat them, but they just keep coming back. They are quite pesky that way. But in this case, you'd have an immortal "ghost" bent on vengence that would attack Tommy when he's not protected by his suit? (Or just keep comming back til he wears him down)

This would be a single match, though. Just a one time thing.

I have played Mortal Kombat years ago. I know Scorpion has the spear thing. Is that enchanted or anything? Someone I think told me he could throw flames as well?
    I don't think Scorpion would hunt Tommy down, especially if it is just a single match. He may be immortal, but I don't remember him being straight up evil (though I could be remembering wrong).

I have only ever known Scorpion to use fire in his Fatalities, though the last game I played was Deception- the sheer overall difficulty of the series became a bit of a turn-off eventually.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

This is what Scorpion is capable of

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    This is what Scorpion is capable of
    Sure. That's easy when the other person isn't actually fighting back.

I could see Scorpion being very difficult for Tommy to fight, skill wise, but I dont see a lot that Scorpion does that would actually get through The White Ranger power armor.
    Johnny Cage whooped Scorpion. And he didn't have Ranger armor or an enchanted saber. (Or a Zord) (Go Cage!)

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

Well of course Cage whooped Scorpion, it was a movie and Cage was one of the main characters, Scorpion was just another villain for the heroes to defeat.

In a "real" fight Scorpion would have totally slaughtered Cage and he would kill Tommy as well

Okay, I edited the original post...

Okay... So these are most always "popularity contests"....so lets do this:

TWO separate questions:
    • WHO WOULD YOU WANT TO WIN? (ie. Who do you like better)
    • WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD WIN IN AN ACTUAL FIGHT and WHY? (ie. because he is made of kryptonite and Superman is vulnerable to kryptonite)

Who would get your vote? White Ranger (Tommy, from the Original Power Rangers) or Scorpion (from Mortal Kombat)?

This would be a one-off fight. (Since Scorpion is undead and can just come back if killed)

FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION (if its wrong) OR ADD TO IT

The White Ranger
    -Limited Invulnerabilty ? (Suit is resistant to fire, lasers, and ballistics)
    -Hightend strength
    -Most powerful of original Rangers (Most powerful?)
    -Enchanted Saber
    -Zord (if applicable in a fight)

Scorpion
    -undead
    -"spear" attack
    -flame attack

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

Who would I want to win? Scorpion

Who do I think would win? Scorpion

What you need to realize is that Scorpion's flames are not regular flames you get in any normal fire. They are magical flames aka "Hellfire" so are a LOT more powerful than regular flames. Also he has another power you forgot to add. Scorpion can teleport at will allowing him to kick or punch his opponent from all directions at super fast speeds.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yup, you forgot that Scorpion is a teleporter. He would teleport the White Ranger to his Hellish Dimension where the Ranger can't call on his Zoid. And given the terrain advantage for Scorpion, he would tear the White Ranger a new one.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 20, 2013 at 03:45pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

HD figures on youtube
    Green Ranger, FTW.