Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverhawks...a rainbow in the sky

Silverhawks...a rainbow in the sky

DID YOU HEAR!?

JK JK...

But I have just had a Silverhawks' marathon over the last 3 days and it has gotten me itching for a "classics" Silverhawks line!

I cannot be alone in this one...HOW COOL could this be!?!?

Of couse we would need the core group (with 2 heads each) with human face exposed & "wing it" mode (with their face shields down):

Stargazer
    Quicksilver
    Bluegrass
    Copper Kidd
    Strongwill
    Steelwill

Then there is:

Hotwing
    Flashback
    Moonstryker
    Condor

I would also LOVE to finally have an action figure of the Silverhawks in their track suites!!!

Not to mention:

Mon Star (in regular & "powered up") (FINALLY for "regular Mon Star)
    Yes-Man (FINALLY!!!)
    Hardware
    Melodia (FINALLY!!!!)
    Windhammer
    Mo-lec-u-lar
    Mumbo Jumbo
    Poker Face (FINALLY!!!!)
    Buzz Saw

And everybody else in the Universe! I would HAPPY buy EVERY figure in this line!!

How about it!? Am I alone!?

Where is the Silverhawks love!?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hate to burst your bubble but the only chances of having anything Silverhawks at all was through the new Thundercats series, and we all know what happened to that.

On the other hand, out of all of the toy commercials from the 80s, Silverhawks is the only one that I would think would be able to be properly updated into a live action movie. Transformers and GI Joe definitely can not, and I doubt Voltron or Thundercats would work. However, as a sci-fi space opera, Silverhawks could work extremely well.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

You could NEVER burst my Silverhawks bubble.

They are TOO cool! I am SURE we are going to see something from these guys again!

Eh, all these retro revamps tend to go the "adult collector" route and attract elitists. Not my gig.

I have been having fun with knockoffs and clearance items. I don't have to worry about ruining them if I paint them and they are cheap.

Just give me fun toys at a realistic price
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; January 2, 2013 at 12:00am.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Stop pooping in this thread!

Where is the LOVE for Silverhawks?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post

If you insist....

Bandai stole my love away when they ruined Thundercats for me.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

This has been on my wish list for a long time. I always liked Silverhawks over Thundercats as I felt the designs were much better.

I do, however, agree with Dr. Kain with the only chance we had of seeing Silverhawks again would have been with the recent revival of Thundercats. In the grand scheme of things, Thundercats were more popular than Silverhawks and I think both of these properties are now dead.

I am surprised, considering the amount of IP infringement by the Transformers 3rd party companies, that no one has tried to start a Kickstarter program. I know there was one for Sectaurs but I don't know how that all ended up.

I would be up for this. Having watched the two DVD releases, I would love to see a Yes Man figure. He's my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am surprised, considering the amount of IP infringement by the Transformers 3rd party companies, that no one has tried to start a Kickstarter program. I know there was one for Sectaurs but I don't know how that all ended up.

What's interesting is that they are all at retail and almost none of them are on on-line sellers. I guess it makes sense - nobody is going to pay $6 shipping on a toy that costs $2 and breaks in half an hour. But it's a totally different situation with Nintendo fakes, which are a real problem on ebay and amazon. I really think any economic loss from these is incredibly minimal.

I want them
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    How about it!? Am I alone!?
    Yeah, pretty much. I think Jean-Paul Sartre said it best when he said, "Yeah...you're pretty much alone."
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I would love another Silverhawks line, including Sectaurs For that matter, I hope a better Thundercats line comes out too As much as people complain about Motuc qc,etc--I really wish Mattel was doing other lines like Silverhawks,etc like Motuc.

For the more positive side, if they did a multi-posseable Quicksilver and Mon-Star, I would buy those two, but only those two. Unless it is Figuarts or DC, I've decided I will only collect the faction leaders from now on for series. For example, I am selling off my entire Transformers collection sans Megatron, Prime, Galvatron, and Rodimus. I'm considering selling off my MOTUC collection except Skeletor and He-Man (although, I might keep Teela, MAA, Beast-Man, and Evil-Lyn) and Hordak and She-Ra. And I have Mumm-Ra and Lion-O for the Thundercats Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm considering selling off my MOTUC collection except Skeletor and He-Man (although, I might keep Teela, MAA, Beast-Man, and Evil-Lyn) and Hordak and She-Ra.
    How did Dr. Brown put it? The space-time continuum will unravel and destroy the universe? I don't see this happening. I think you're bluffing

And I have Mumm-Ra and Lion-O for the Thundercats Classics.
    You mean they made somebody else???? Oh, that's right. I forgot about Tygra

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    How did Dr. Brown put it? The space-time continuum will unravel and destroy the universe? I don't see this happening. I think you're bluffing
    I will admit, it is not an easy thought, but I just got an offer for $1200 for my entire G1 lot, so I'm taking it.

As for the MOTUC, it depends. The other problem is my sub if I do sell them off. I don't want to cancel it because I want my DCU figures, but then, I don't want to be stuck with the figures for the entire year, especially when that dumb trio comes out.

As for the MOTUC, it depends. The other problem is my sub if I do sell them off. I don't want to cancel it because I want my DCU figures, but then, I don't want to be stuck with the figures for the entire year, especially when that dumb trio comes out.

Didn't they say they would finish all the rest of the vintage figures next year? This would probably be a terrible time for you to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Didn't they say they would finish all the rest of the vintage figures next year? This would probably be a terrible time for you to sell.
    Yeah, but I don't care about the vintage characters (and actually, it is as many as they can get next year). I'm sick of the constant defects (I have not bought Granamyr due to people having him defective), I am tired of Mattel's attitude towards their customers as they make it sound like we should be grateful to them, I am sick of Digital River (which is one of the reasons it would be nice to cancel my subs), and I need the room. I'm not into MOTUC like I was 2-3 years ago. Every month I get my subs, I open it, I pose it, I stick it on the shelf and that is it. I never look at it again for like 3-4 months, if that. I still haven't actually done anything with any of the figures since Horde Prime and Snake MAA.

Figuarts is what I want to collect now. Hence why I have bought 3 glass cases for them in the last month.

Yeah, but I don't care about the vintage characters (and actually, it is as many as they can get next year). I'm sick of the constant defects (I have not bought Granamyr due to people having him defective), I am tired of Mattel's attitude towards their customers as they make it sound like we should be grateful to them, I am sick of Digital River (which is one of the reasons it would be nice to cancel my subs), and I need the room. I'm not into MOTUC like I was 2-3 years ago. Every month I get my subs, I open it, I pose it, I stick it on the shelf and that is it. I never look at it again for like 3-4 months, if that. I still haven't actually done anything with any of the figures since Horde Prime and Snake MAA.

Figuarts is what I want to collect now. Hence why I have bought 3 glass cases for them in the last month.

I never really took much of an interest in the line myself - for a variety of reasons (no paypal, high shipping, high cost, out of scale with vintage figures, obscure characters, 5 minute sellouts, etc.) I have only 3 figures: Orko, Cringer, and the little falcon that came packaged with the sorceress. I sold off Battle Cat and Skeletor a while ago; was pretty underwhelmed with them. I would of liked to have a Granamyr, but I don't have room for such a huge item.

But.... we better get back on topic

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Is volume 1 still available anywhere online (outside of eBay, I mean)? I have been putting off getting it and I am ready to pick up. I would assume that since volume 2 is MOD, it would not be going anywhere for a long time.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

I think some Wal-Marts still have them...Best Buy would be an option. Amazon.

Silverhawks would make an amazing figure with better sculpts, articulation, and better materials.

Watching the V.I extras they talk about the toys and how, at the time, they were something different aesthetically with the vacmetal. I think it would still be something that stood out on the toy shelves.

Heroic Warrior
    I love Silverhawks. As a non-toy collector who has only ever collected MOTUC as an adult, I would be tempted by a Silverhawks line but probably wouldn't buy them. I would have bought the Thundercats Classics if the quality of the figures wasn't so terrible.

Out of the many toy lines from the 80's, Silverhawks did a better job than most of matching their cartoon designs. I honestly am fine with the vintage figures and don't feel the need to own new figures. But I'm not opposed to a new toy line coming out. I'll simply pass and stick with my vintage figures.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Thought this might be of interest: Mon-Star Cosplay

MonStar.jpg

MonStar2.jpg

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    That's a pretty cool Mon-Star costume. I wonder how many times the cosplayer had to answer the question "What anime is that from?" while walking around the convention floor?