Thread: He-Man Fan Trailer 2013

Widget

He-Man Fan Trailer 2013

Here is a little project that me and some friends are working on. Let me know what you think,

stoosh

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...%3D48SpVT8go4M

Looks interesting. Can't wait to see it completed.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Heroic Warrior
    Looks great, I think if you look past......( please no offence is meant by this) .... The costumes/props,... the actors, editing, pace, and general feel of it is really good, also it's great to hear Skeletor with a half decent voice, instead of that joker cackle every one seems to like,..
    The thing with He-mans hair, the actor, again this is all just my opinion,.. ( not to sound like di€k but it is a opinion based on over 17 years working in film).. I thought was not to bad at all, but there's nothing worse than a bad wig, I actualy lol, then stopped and re-watched it, all in all
    I really liked this take and think it shows alot of potential.
    Thanks for sharing

Snappy Threader
    Ok I think that was wicked cool. great work.

Widget
    Thanks guys! And Zombihamma-AI, no offense taken. I appreciate the critique. We are pretty much newbs when it comes to costumes/props etc. So I do appreciate your input.

Mistico - I think we're just doing the trailer for now. Just have my fingers crossed for the REAL movie to come out and kick butt.

Thanks iron-pride!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stoosh View Post
    Thanks guys! And Zombihamma-AI, no offense taken. I appreciate the critique. We are pretty much newbs when it comes to costumes/props etc. So I do appreciate your input.

Mistico - I think we're just doing the trailer for now. Just have my fingers crossed for the REAL movie to come out and kick butt.

Thanks iron-pride!!!!
    Ah. Still cool anyway.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

im impressed looks fun and i liked the editing

Good...but...why He-Man fight against Man-at-arms?

Widget
    HAHA, yeah. Our original idea was for He-Man to turn evil (spell by Skeletor/Evil-Lyn) they lose control of "Evil-He-Man" and enlist the aid of the Masters to stop his murderous rampage.

Aw yeah! Some Spencer Voykin action! Hoping myself to be working with him on a project this year. As for this film: yes, the costumes have a bit of a campy look, but it looks like it'll be a good movie, and I can't wait to see it! Hollywood keeps dragging their feet about this line and we're just going to keep making fan-films until they finally get around to it. We (the fans, I mean) will probably end up making better films than the "official" one anyway.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Evil Master of Dreams skeletor73's Avatar
    Since you asked for feedback I'll throw some thoughts your way. At first I was confused if this was the fan trailer for "Wrath Of Tri-Klops" but then you clarified this was just a test run. I never can understand why people make previews for something that doesn't exist. Heck, make a 15-30 min. movie if you're going to all the effort to film a trailer, even if it is short. LOL

Someone else mentioned costumes so I won't harp on it too much. Unless it's intended to be a comedy the costumes have to be a little higher quality than the store bought Halloween ones. Also I would leave the musculature on Skeletor, off the bodysuit. It looks like it was drawn on with a sharpie. I know you said you guys didn't have much experience with it. Also no matter what you do for the final film, please promise me you will not have He-man wearing that awful orangey pageboy wig. (Why is everyone hung up on that Filmation look? Unless you are super tan it looks waaaay unnatural and even then) It's not very flattering and is kind of emasculating to the actor. I'd find something a nice dark blonde or sandy blonde. Something that looks a little more natural if he has darker hair and maybe slightly more barbaric (long and shaggy). Edit - I've looked at some of the costume concepts for Wrath of Tri and it looks good. I know Vahn is helping with it so it should be great.

I liked Skeletor's voice. I agree nice to hear something menacing and less cackly or lispy. The sound design and music was good but I would have liked to hear a few sound fx for the clashing of the weapons. Speaking of weapons you want to be careful when you film. There were a couple of instances when I noticed swords and I think Man At Arms mace bending, revealing that they are not solid. I know it's a safety thing but brings you out of the cool moments of battle. But again, I know this was just for fun.

Lastly, and this is just a personal gripe, I really wish people would stop using the Bleach Bypass filters to tone and color their films. I know it's a popular look on war and action movies but when I see it on the internet it just screams fanfilm and is sooo overused. Maybe try a gold or warm tone to warm up the scene or even a blue crush to tint it. You can get some great effects with simple color correction. Maybe try a brighten to enhance the colors, something that looks a little more cinematic. It's just an opinion though.

So why all the feedback? Well, first, I am a fan of you guys on FB ("Wrath of Tri-Klops") and am eagerly watching your posts every day. I think what you're wanting to do is cool. Second, I'm currently getting my BFA in computer animation (specifically visual effects), so I'm excited to see what you guys do with it. Lastly, I was not going to say anything because it's going to take a while becuase I'm a perfectionist on costumes/props/sets/acting but I'm planning a fanfilm of my own. I had the idea right before John Caroll announced Wizard of Stone Mountain. I feel like MOTU is the one fandom that is just getting started in the realm of Fan Film making. Just look at Star Wars or Batman by comparison.

Also, Vahn is right. Who knows when we will get our movie from Chu and Sony and even if we do, chances are, there will be things we don't like. So I'm planning to take my background in acting/directing/costuming and my new VFX skills and put them to use to make something I enjoy. I don't have a time table on it for sure but I'm going more the route of the 87 Hollywood Cinematic style on a skintight budget (if it's even doable). LOL I'd actually toyed with a web series but that may be too ambitious.

So back to you guys, Good job. I'm really excited to see what you come up with and how things progress. Good luck with it! Keep me posted.

Interesting editing, music, and colors. Very interesting. As others have pointed out, the costumes/props are what drag this down.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Widget
    Thanks for the feedback skeletor73, this is a seperate project from Wrath of Triclops, but some of the same people are involved on that one too and it does look promising. I'm looking forward to seeing you film and it would be really cool if you did do a web series. check out hemanfan.com and join our facebook group as well. We'll be hitting up a few cons this year and will be posting tonnes of pics and vids. Thanks again!

Clay