Thread: Figures falling

Figures falling

Okay, thatīs it. Iīm SO fed up with She-Ra and Teela always falling off my shelf. And to top it all off, the stactions of Tung Lashor, Webstor, Mosquitor and regular colors Evil-Lyn are also so topheavy (or in the case of Lyn the legs are so warped) that itīs practically impossible to stand them without their bases. And even then at least Tung Lashor is so heavy, that his weight bends his legs over time and he falls, too.
    Yes, I know the boiling water trick to modify the limbs. But why for crying out loud did Mattel, NECA and/or the 4 Horsemen decide to design these figures so lousy?
    The sculpts are awesome and I love each and every single one of my 200x figures. Heck, I even have an army of Buzz-Offs that I customized into an army of generic Andreenids, and even they keep standing tall. Even though many fans claim their Buzz-Offs to be destined to fall down. I really donīt get it. Especially since the Evil-Lyn actionfigure, that uses the same buck and legs as Teela and She-Ra, doesnīt suffer from falling.
    It took me ten years to become this disapointed, but finally here I am.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Glue stactions to bases. Glue figure joints into a balanced pose or attach to a base. Problem solved.

I used to cringe at the idea of gluing a staction to a base, then my Sssqueeze took a tumble and his arms popped off. It was a clean break at the joint and I was able to reattach them. Just glue it dude!

No?

I donīt even have those ugly bases on display. They are stored in a drawer that I almost never open. Still, the question is not how to solve this, but to be angry about why they have been manufactured this way.

And hey, glueing the actionfigures legs will not help, since they ARE already straight and the design prevents the figures from being posed in a balanced way. And glueing the Staction bases is ... well, already done
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

My Trap-Jaw recently took a header and his leg fell off when he hit the floor. Oh well. Nothin a little superglue couldn't fix.

My Mantenna took a fall and his legs kind of got scrunched. As I tried to straighten them out, I ended up bisecting Mantenna. Funny thing is, I had him stand next to Cy-Chop and I moved him further away after that.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    My Buzz-off won't stand.... maybe for a day or two at the most. Had to use one of those Whippy stands and have him 'flying' in the background.
    Sorceress staction too. She's using a Whippy stand also.

My Mosquitor staction won't stand at all. Just useless. If he hadn't cost me so much, I'd have thrown him in the garbage a long time ago.

As much as I love my 200X collection, I've hated their pre-posed stances since day one.

A new variant for Mattel: Parachute He-man
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I use a small amount of Blu-Tack on the soles of the boots of the figures. As for stactions, Webstor is the one that worries me the most. Despite the fact he leans forward heaps, he seems stable enough... Haven't tried Blu_tack with stactions yet!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Teela is really impossible to stand without the staff. But the secret is on Evil lynn. If you look closely the legs are the same mold but they added some kind of platform so she can stand with no problem. If you add some rubber to Teela's feet she can stand pretty well.
    As for Buzz off It is difficult but not impossible to stand.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    thats what also suck about the girls in 200x.
    teela doesn't stand well, but evi-lyn stands good though.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor