Thread: Man-E-Faces: Expanded Bio

Man-E-Faces: Expanded Bio

Man-E-Faces by *MattiasFahlberg on deviantART

Once known to the people as the greatest actor in Eternia, the man called Perkaedo was afforded many luxurious and exciting opportunities, including the honor of performing before King Randor and Queen Marlena at Prince Adam’s 18th birthday celebration. It was at this prestigious event, that he caught the attention of Skeletor, who had been searching for the perfect specimen for his latest scheme, an experiment that would yield the creation of a powerful new warrior to aid in his quest for power.

Disguising himself as a well known Eternian scholar and biographer, Skeletor lured the proud man away from the safety of the palace and transported him to Snake Mountain where he would undergo a gruesome transformation into a chimera, a creature created from the parts of many. A perfect fusion of man, beast and machine, to serve the Overlord of Evil, while tearing at the hearts of the people of Eternia via the loss of one of their greatest living treasures.

The transformation left his mind completely shattered, and the man known as Perkaedo was no more. Even Skeletor underestimated the might of his new creation, as it escaped and terrorized Eternia, destroying the Widget Village which lay in the path of its rage, before being halted by He-Man. With the magic of the Sorceress, Perkaedo was cured from this unhinged state of mind, but the actual process of transformation was irreversible, leaving him forever split between not just two; but three personalities. Having always felt as though he was a bit of an outsider, eclectic and unlike those who admired him, this chameleon of a man became comfortable in his new body, having always felt a passion in challenging new roles.

Skeletor’s freakish experiment had bestowed upon him an array of unusual powers, which vary depending on which facade he chooses to wear, including the most state of the art robotic sensors, and superhuman strength from a strange green skinned monster of unknown origin, all wrapped up in an armored body, and combined with the various skills/talents he had acquired as an actor. Even with all his new found abilities, his natural talent and honed training to mimic sounds, adopt characters, and wear convincing disguises still serve him in the fight against his evil creator in the most surprising of ways. Even though he is a pale reflection of the man he used to be, he still retains many the many recognizable traits from his previous life as a celebrated actor, including his sense of humor, love of the theater, and impressive physique, which has garnered him a whole new following of eager fans and enthusiasts, fascinated by his unusual personal story. He remains in the Palace of Eternia, and inspires young thespians and warriors alike, acting as a teacher of Eternian art and culture, and aiding in the orientation and training of future royal guardsmen.

Athletic, resourceful, intelligent and with a good, honest nature, the heroic Man-E-Faces was born out of unfortunate circumstance, only to rise in the ranks of the Masters of the Universe and defend Eternia. In seeking to bolster his own evil force, Skeletor inadvertently increased his adversaries by three; human, robot and monster, he is Man-E-Faces, the Master of Disguise.

This is my most altered biography from the original MOTUC cardback. I'm just not satisfied with 'drank an evil magic potion while at a birthday party', sorry to those who love it. Doesn't work for me. Man-E-Faces is one of my most loved heroes in MOTU, and I feel he deserves better than that.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 4, 2013 at 02:52am.

More good stuff! Not too different from my origin story on this bizarre character with the most confusing ability in MOTU. Here's some drawings I did of my horrific origin story:

"I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    More good stuff! Not too different from my origin story on this bizarre character with the most confusing ability in MOTU. Here's some drawings I did of my horrific origin story:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l9...-E-Faces01.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l9...-E-Faces02.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l9...-E-Faces03.jpg
    Great artwork, I remember these pieces from when you previously posted them. Man-E-Faces is such a cool character. The MOTUC cardback bio was kind of joke. Considering how apologetically they kill of Masters characters, they could have given Man-E-Faces an appropriately darker bio.

Your vision is so much more accurate to what the character deserves. Great minds think alike!