Thread: Dare and New Adventures He-man question...

Widget

Dare and New Adventures He-man question...

Hi first time poster. Long time lurker. Just had a thought and question. This may have been brought up before. Does anyone else think Toyguru and Mattel are setting up the New Adventures He-man to be Dare aka He-ro son of He-man? He looks similar to the artwork in the He-ro series bible. I also found this q and a post from Matty:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/6401003487

Also this one when asked about a NA Adam figure:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5361081487

I am thinking it is more that upon his return, Dare eventually gets the power sword and the NA armor.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    People have no idea how upset it makes me that so many consider Scott's bios as canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    People have no idea how upset it makes me that so many consider Scott's bios as canon.
    Well, I mean... it is. One of many.

I'm disappointed that we have no concept sketches, or materials of what Dare actually looks like. It's been a long time now, you'd think that something would have been released by Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I'm disappointed that we have no concept sketches, or materials of what Dare actually looks like. It's been a long time now, you'd think that something would have been released by Mattel.
    Sure there is. Check out this link: http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...le-intro.shtml

Dare is on page 20, Dare as He-Ro is on page 22.

Edit: In color on pages 11 and 17.
    Last edited by hadley; January 16, 2013 at 09:26pm.

THANK YOU!!! I guess I haven't scoured this site nearly enough. Those designs however, are awful...MYP awful. A lot of interesting ideas in those pages.
    Last edited by sirsniffy; January 16, 2013 at 09:36pm.

gpAd6.jpg
    for those who don't wanna hunt.

Anything is possible. But with the story set that He-Man, She-Ra and several allies head to the Tri-Solar Galaxy for the NA chapter of the Neitlich-Verse storyline, I think it's unlikely. The only thing NA He-Man and He-Ro, II really share is the pony tail. Other than that, there's little similarity in design. I had a similar assumption until another fan suggested that the NA armor actually had been named in some NA fiction - and it was called Dare Armor - nothing related to SOHM.

I'm actually waiting to see what NA She-Ra is going to look like next to her brother in this fairly unexplored chapter.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Heroic Warrior
    With the way the Bio's have been going and She-Ra going with He-Man to the planet of Primus I would like to see an update of the Son of He-Man story and characters. I think Kay-La should be Clamp Champ's daughter it would bring so much more to the story if she was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    Anything is possible....
    I'm actually waiting to see what NA She-Ra is going to look like next to her brother in this fairly unexplored chapter.
    I just want to make sure I understand... NA She-Ra is Bubble Power She-Ra right? Or would NA She-Ra be Starburst She-ra?
    Last edited by Jedi_Kunle; January 16, 2013 at 11:01pm.

I'm totally cool with Starburst She-Ra being NA She-Ra. It's a great way to justify getting her out.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Looking forward for Son of He-Man characters & story.
    I just hope the story doesn't end in some time loop (He-Ro from the future gos to the past & dies in the past & this time loop continues for eternity).
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    I just want to make sure I understand... NA She-Ra is Bubble Power She-Ra right? Or would NA She-Ra be Starburst She-ra?

No. Bubble Power She-Ra appears in the mini-comic (in this new canon) fighting at the Second Ultimate Battle with Flying Fists He-Man.

Starburst She-Ra would actually work very well as NA She-Ra. The mini-comic that came with the vintage toy didn't actually give the Starburst armor an origin... instead it gave Swift Wind an origin for becoming a crystal horse.

Additionally, the UK Comics tell a story about the origin of the Starburst Armor... it had to do with She-Ra going into space to help an alien race.

I know Scott is aware of that because when the line first started, I mentioned that story in a thread here, and he asked for more details.

So hopefully he will use SB She-Ra as NA She-Ra. She was the second She-Ra variant, and it would be AMAZING to see the 4H's version of her.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So hopefully he will use SB She-Ra as NA She-Ra. She was the second She-Ra variant, and it would be AMAZING to see the 4H's version of her.
    This would be a case where I wouldn't mind cloth/fabric on a figure. I would hate for SB She-Ra to have 'Sorceress Barrels' for the cape action.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    This would be a case where I wouldn't mind cloth/fabric on a figure. I would hate for SB She-Ra to have 'Sorceress Barrels' for the cape action.
    You wouldn't have to use cloth. For a cape you could use a very soft rubber that would fully expand when the arms are extended. That type of plastic would have looked terrible for the wings of the Sorceress but would work just fine for a cape in my opinion.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    I had a similar assumption until another fan suggested that the NA armor actually had been named in some NA fiction - and it was called Dare Armor - nothing related to SOHM.
    Wait? Is that true? If so, do you have the reference?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Thanks for posting Crigg!!!!!

I don't think Dare/He-Ro II is meant to be NA He-man, but I could see how He-Ro II could be made easily using the NA He-man sculpt.

I just want Kayla and Air-Bag! One another note, if they made a Dare figure, they could use the smaller buck to make MYP Adam and Master Sebrian.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by UTK007 View Post
    Thanks for posting Crigg!!!!!

I don't think Dare/He-Ro II is meant to be NA He-man, but I could see how He-Ro II could be made easily using the NA He-man sculpt.

I just want Kayla and Air-Bag! One another note, if they made a Dare figure, they could use the smaller buck to make MYP Adam and Master Sebrian.
    And Lizard Man!