Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 108 Discussion!

First RGD I've listened to in a long long time. Thank you Brian and Rob! You guys totally made the show worthy of the 2hour playtime.
    Here's hoping the both of you get a lot more air time in the future. When you guys are back to talk, I will be there to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    We'll be waiting for you, t-mac! Mwahahahahahahaha!
    ... i'll bring desert ...

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    When I lived there I stayed in London just south of Euston Station. I loved it
    awesome
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    First RGD I've listened to in a long long time. Thank you Brian and Rob! You guys totally made the show worthy of the 2hour playtime.
    Here's hoping the both of you get a lot more air time in the future. When you guys are back to talk, I will be there to listen.
    Thanks, I know sometimes I grate on people's nerves but love the support
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Great Idea's on POP weapons! Augie has some great idea's for weapons as well. Danielle I 100 percent agree that Mermista should get a trident!
    That's a fantastic custom Angel-T! The trident rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    No Rotar, Go Rotate! I'm willing to join that bandwagon
    Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

• I thought that Despara's "Hordak look" was good, because it "monsterized" her to the people of Etheria, like the other members of the Horde... The Despara look makes her appear to be Hordak's literal daughter.
    That's a really cool way to look at it and I really like this angle MGM. I can wrap my head around the mask idea now because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyman View Post
    Penny Dreadful talked through the part of me saying if she gets in the ring I got no problem hitting a woman!
    What?! I could make porkchops outta you Razorback, but I won't get my lovely hands dirty. I'll let the rest of the RGD stable handle you. Go on guys, defend my honor!...

Um... Guys?...

*crickets*
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    ... i'll bring desert ...
    Well, I'd prefer a dessert but a desert is good. Me and Penny D can make sand-witches.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    That's a really cool way to look at it and I really like this angle MGM. I can wrap my head around the mask

Yeah - I like that idea too. The daughter concept works with that in such a creepy way.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

ok, now I posted my video per the rules

I just want one match with Pixie Dan! Just one! Rob Base can be the ref Cause Dan will need all the help he can get! I don’t think Dan can handle me!

Just listening now... kinda take issue with telling folks to go and sell unwanted figures... lets just see if the $75 FFM sell on the secondary market at cost price first.... comparing selling the sub exclusive to selling an expensive 3-pack is ridiculous!

You also went off in a tangent saying that making all A list characters would kill the longetivity of the line (which is true) but I'm not sure the listener meant they should release Glimmer, Mantenna, Scorpia, Two-Bad etc... all in succession. I think he meant the most fan demanded characters. The FFM are not fan demanded in my opinion and when many others felt the same at the time they were revealed, it's not just a winey fan impatient for Christmas You made it sound like he was complaining that he wasn't getting 'his' choice of what he wanted, when in actual fact his complaint was about concept characters like the FFM. He even said there were many characters from the Vintage, POP, NA and MYP that are still to come! I think some of the comments were very unfair to be honest and I feel sorry for the guy who called in.

Respect to Danielle who was unbiased and saw things from both sides of the coin
    Last edited by blackiecats; January 14, 2013 at 10:11pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Just listening now... kinda take issue with telling folks to go and sell unwanted figures... lets just see if the $75 FFM sell on the secondary market at cost price first.... comparing selling the sub exclusive to selling an expensive 3-pack is ridiculous!

You also went off in a tangent saying that making all A list characters would kill the longetivity of the line (which is true) but I'm not sure the listener meant they should release Glimmer, Mantenna, Scorpia, Two-Bad etc... all in succession. I think he meant the most fan demanded characters. The FFM are not fan demanded in my opinion and when many others felt the same at the time they were revealed, it's not just a winey fan impatient for Christmas You made it sound like he was complaining that he wasn't getting 'his' choice of what he wanted, when in actual fact his complaint was about concept characters like the FFM. He even said there were many characters from the Vintage, POP, NA and MYP that are still to come! I think some of the comments were very unfair to be honest and I feel sorry for the guy who called in.
    I actually have to disagree with what you're inferring... I can only speak for myself, but I think the caller was on point with regard to concept characters... Maybe I have to listen again, but I don't remember disagreeing...

The problem is that when the FFM were planned, Scott and his team didn't have the scare of less sub buyers to help motivate the planned line-up. If we had another 4 or 5 years guaranteed, then the FFM would be an awesome thing... even though it's expensive...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I actually have to disagree with what you're inferring... I can only speak for myself, but I think the caller was on point with regard to concept characters... Maybe I have to listen again, but I don't remember disagreeing...
    You commented on selling the unwanted figures, but I don't think you got chance to agree or disagree with the caller on concepts. However Danielle was the only one to say she could understand the frustration with the FFM.

Just to add in regard to my previous post, He-Ro and Wundar are not concepts, so those were poor examples. I'm not sure some of the hosts understood the actual comment/question...

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that when the FFM were planned, Scott and his team didn't have the scare of less sub buyers to help motivate the planned line-up. If we had another 4 or 5 years guaranteed, then the FFM would be an awesome thing... even though it's expensive...
    Definately, but the guy was saying this could be the reason for declining sales. Maybe if one of the pilots were released as the $25 variant figure and the 3-pack were the Rock guys, might have made sub sales so different!
    Last edited by blackiecats; January 14, 2013 at 10:34pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I was personally saying I haven't had an issue selling off any unwanted figure. I also feel that we didn't miss his point we simply didn't agree with him. If we all agreed on everything it would be one boring podcast.

I feel the pacing of the figures is good. Because If it was all the figs i like i wouldn't have bought Gygor or the shadow beast but i love them in my collection.

I also feel that he seemed like his opinion should matter more since he has 4 subscriptions but I don't feel anyone's personal beliefs are better than others

In the end its all our own take on this subject. I want the rock people really bad as well!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

What I meant by He-Ro and Wundar is (btw since He-Ro was never mass produced he is technically a concept) the subscription should give us awesome figures like eldor,he-ro and figs like that sace SDCC for repaints. These figures could more than make people buy a sub again over a repaint.
    Last edited by AlternativeMindz; January 15, 2013 at 09:34am.
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Yeah - I like that idea too. The daughter concept works with that in such a creepy way.
    But in this new version Hordak didn't "adopt" her, Shadow Weaver said, she took and raised her (and would Hordak be like the father in the other dimension and see her once a week?).
    Or did she lie? Doesn't matter, she said it to Adora, and she seems to think it is that way, so she should wear a red hood

Heroic Warrior

I don't want to collect this line for another 4 or 5 years and having the demanded characters stretched out again. I'm getting tired...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I don't want to collect this line for another 4 or 5 years and having the demanded characters stretched out again. I'm getting tired...
    I completely understand it's trying really hard
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective