Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 108 Discussion!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Big Bad New Jack who wouldn't last two minutes with one person in UFC, Dream, or Bellator. Just like any of those "old school" or "new school" pro wrasslers. Save Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Don Frye, Josh Barnett, Brock Lesnar and a few others who have crossed over between both.
    That's like saying a baseball player wouldn't last two seconds in the UFC. Wrestling is entertainment, UFC is professional fighting. Not saying they aren't athletic, but wrestlers don't train for real fights.

Broadway actors can put on a hell of a sword show too, but they might not stack up to real sword fighters, lol.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Broadway actors can put on a hell of a sword show too, but they might not stack up to real sword fighters, lol.
    Wanna bet?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Big Bad New Jack who wouldn't last two minutes with one person in UFC, Dream, or Bellator. Just like any of those "old school" or "new school" pro wrasslers. Save Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Don Frye, Josh Barnett, Brock Lesnar and a few others who have crossed over between both.
    Some of those guys are traditional wrestlers. New Jack, Sandman and alot of those ECW wrestlers are hardcore wrestlers. They hit you in the face with Super Nintendos and toasters and then jump off very high places and finish you off. They aren't known for technical wrestling skill. They fight with foreign objects.

Two totally different styles, but still entertaining with the larger than life personalities and storylines.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    That's like saying a baseball player wouldn't last two seconds in the UFC. Wrestling is entertainment, UFC is professional fighting. Not saying they aren't athletic, but wrestlers don't train for real fights.

You are correct with your point, but the point I had is that New Jack tries to be a bad ass and he frequently discusses how much of a bad ass he is, actually hurting people on purpose and gloating about it (he stabbed a guy nine or so times in the ring before, not to mention other incidents). The point is that he wants to act like a real bad ass, but in reality, he's nothing.

I am a former mixed martial artist. I fought several times. There are only a few instances I could think of to make me want to get back in the cage. Someone like this is pretty motivational to me and others I train with. He can bring all the Super Nintendos and toasters he wants.
    Last edited by RockinHard; January 5, 2013 at 11:42am.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

This was a really good episode. Rob Base gets more entertaining every time I hear him, and this was the Duke's best appearance on the show yet (I feel the need to point this out because I disagree with almost everything he says on the board, haha!). The two of them had some really cool discussion.

I'm a weirdo in that when I get used to a routine and then it gets switched around (including when members of a podcast change) I don't want to give it a chance. But the extended RGD family is working out fantastically. Great job everyone!

You are correct with your point, but the point I had is that New Jack tries to be a bad ass and he frequently discusses how much of a bad ass he is, actually hurting people on purpose and gloating about it (he stabbed a guy nine or so times in the ring before, not to mention other incidents). The point is that he wants to act like a real bad ass, but in reality, he's nothing.

I am a former mixed martial artist. I fought several times. There are only a few instances I could think of to make me want to get back in the cage. Someone like this is pretty motivational to me and others I train with. He can bring all the Super Nintendos and toasters he wants.
    The ECW wrestlers WERE badass compared to the rich middle-aged and older millionaires wrestling in their multi-million dollar arenas. That was their charm. Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Triple H and most of the major WWE and WCW wrestlers wouldn't do half of the startling and low-budget things the ECW wrestlers did in their bingo hall.

You're comparing professional fighters to sports entertainment stuntmen who get sell their injuries for a living. These are apples and oranges. Randy Couture isn't going to jump off a balcony to hit someone lying dazed 15 feet below or endure a dozen chair shots to the head over a beer lying in the middle of the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    No no... it's the Bronx! Don't let Rob fool you with his Brooklyn claims.
    ... well, i knew it was 'bro-something'

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    NJ?!?! Who told you I grew up there!?!? Who!? Oh, wait... I did...

I've lived in Manhattan for 13 years now... I wonder when I get to be an official New Yorker?

I had a GREAT time on the show - Rob was a lot of fun to talk with... the others too, but that goes without saying.

ive been lucky enough to have travelled to NYC on vacation twice; i am in love with the place - it's the greatest city on earth, and you and rob are testament to that! great co-hosts!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The ECW wrestlers WERE badass compared to the rich middle-aged and older millionaires wrestling in their multi-million dollar arenas. That was their charm. Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Triple H and most of the major WWE and WCW wrestlers wouldn't do half of the startling and low-budget things the ECW wrestlers did in their bingo hall.

You're comparing professional fighters to sports entertainment stuntmen who get sell their injuries for a living. These are apples and oranges. Randy Couture isn't going to jump off a balcony to hit someone lying dazed 15 feet below or endure a dozen chair shots to the head over a beer lying in the middle of the ring.
    So you condone New Jack's attitude and him stabbing people. He's a real badass, right? Randy Couture has nothing on him. New Jack for the win!

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

The ray of sunshine here. The reversed forearms I was referring to were Stinkor's. My VM was from before the Frosta debacle. I enjoyed listening to your comments. Will I still be buying the figures like Brian said? Yes. But now I have the option of skipping said figure if issues are found.
    Last edited by Lookie; January 5, 2013 at 03:32pm.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

So you condone New Jack's attitude and him stabbing people. He's a real badass, right? Randy Couture has nothing on him. New Jack for the win!
    No, I'm not condoning anything. I'm just noting that hardcore matches where anything goes and the human chess matches of professional martial arts and some instances of professional wrestling are two entirely different things. As far as getting put through a table by a 300 lb. man, New Jack is the man. Can he beat a UFC fighter, hell Kurt Angle, in a straight up test of pure wrestling skill, no weapons? No, he'd get destroyed.

I was comparing New Jack to OTHER wrestlers, who aren't so willing to get injured to get over with the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    The ray of sunshine here.
    LMAO!!!!
    Jeremy is my ray of sunshine!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    LMAO!!!!
    Jeremy is my ray of sunshine!
    Just for that, I have updated my title. No longer a Keebler Outcast.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

This is what pixie dan can look forward to!

Penny Dreadful talked through the part of me saying if she gets in the ring I got no problem hitting a woman! It figures Pixie Dan would stay home this show, cause he heard my voicemail beforehand! I challenge him and I will donate all the money for the night to charity and not the pixie Dan new toy fund, but a real one!
    Last edited by mossyman; January 7, 2013 at 05:05pm. Reason: right post!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    This was a really good episode. Rob Base gets more entertaining every time I hear him, and this was the Duke's best appearance on the show yet (I feel the need to point this out because I disagree with almost everything he says on the board, haha!). The two of them had some really cool discussion.

I'm a weirdo in that when I get used to a routine and then it gets switched around (including when members of a podcast change) I don't want to give it a chance. But the extended RGD family is working out fantastically. Great job everyone!
    Thank you . See, getting to know each other puts our postings in better perspective. I'm
    Glad you liked the show!

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    ive been lucky enough to have travelled to NYC on vacation twice; i am in love with the place - it's the greatest city on earth, and you and rob are testament to that! great co-hosts!

See, I've been to the UK twice. Lived there for several months during university. I loved it!
    NYC is great, but it's good to get away sometimes lol.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I think they need to have me on an episode to provide a positive mood and outlook. Everyone on this show is sooo negative.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    See, I've been to the UK twice. Lived there for several months during university. I loved it! NYC is great, but it's good to get away sometimes lol.
    whereabouts did you stay if you don't mind me asking? ... i like living here, but it's my dream to one day live in the states
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    i like living here, but it's my dream to one day live in the states
    We'll be waiting for you, t-mac! Mwahahahahahahaha!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Great Idea's on POP weapons! Augie has some great idea's for weapons as well. Danielle I 100 percent agree that Mermista should get a trident!
    I agree about the weapons and in general spicing up the PoP figures a bit with some cool gear or accessories. That's a great looking custom and the trident looks fantastic with it, btw.

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Great show and love the special appearance by Da Duke and Da Base!!!

I definitely am in the group for the POP Bios having a little more meat; as I have even posted on threads some "revised" details in Bios for Bow and Frosta myself, Duke actually came exactly close to what I proposed for Frosta. ĪI have begun to envision Etheria as the more regal of the planets between itself and Eternia and a planet of riches and royals which made it even more of a shock to these now rebels when they were invaded and conquered by the Horde. Which in turn hardens this characters and provides great character evolutions....

I am in the many waiting for this game to come to either Android, Playstation Store or Xbox Live Store!!!

Maybe the next Weapons Pack can be the Great Rebellion??? Just sayin...

Rotar / Twistoid Oversized or Beast Pack???

And You hit the nail on the head Rob, I WANT SONGSTER!!! But I would love to make him a Baddie!!!! Bio and Mini Comic ready to go!

Eldor should be the next Sub Exclusive cause I think 2014 can be a great year!!!

NY Comic Con (or any other 'Con) is the way to go especially last minute. Not many want to take all that stuff home and your chances are better on Sunday. Many dealers are growing on to the Sunday haggle and are trying to stand their ground, but flash the cash and you can sure find someone willing to help make that green disappear from your hand; I bought 4 He-Ro's for about 60 bucks alone and plenty of other things I had scanned out since the beginning of the show. And if I didn't get it during the Professional preview night for a cheap price (i.e I bought the Takara Megatron Masterpiece for about 115.00 and once the general public came in the same dealer changed the price to 250.00 - 300.00) I would definitely try and get it by late Sunday. and another thing I learned is when you go with a bunch of people looking to score everyone walks away happy, Rob you know what I mean? It's like when you use to go to Delancey and by a leather coat on Orchard Street...

The problem with quality control is that when it's been promised to change for the better and it hasn't, it's not good business. I know this cast is dated but I can't wit til you guys discuss Mosquiotr's hand, Procrustus' arm joint and Granamyr's... well you pick one!

I think the problem with the 'vote a character twist' was I could've swore the main complaint that it wasn't supposed to be A-List character and there were 3 variants of such (if you include Marlena as an A-Lister). So the steering was there how strong, hmmmm that can be debated.

Awwww man I remember the Elks Lodge and good ole ECW days Rob, especially the Massacre on Queens Blvd!

AND CAREFUL GUYS: the "Mafia Mouse" is always listening and watching!!!

Great Episode Guys!!!
    I miss the old ECW and the Elks lodge. You can still kind of haggle the con guys and without haggling NYC's Chinatown would be nothing lol... thanks for listening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

Thanks i do aim to please!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ufc is fighting ECW was a religion. Ufc is fine its "real" but ufc fighters have no persona wrestling is 3/4th story and u100% action. Ken shamrock,Dan Sev and Tank abbot are good in ring but couldn't drive a story
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Great episode! It was great to have Rob and Bruce on - added some new perspective and opinions. Variety is the spice of life!
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeMindz View Post

Ufc is fighting ECW was a religion. Ufc is fine its "real" but ufc fighters have no persona wrestling is 3/4th story and u100% action. Ken shamrock,Dan Sev and Tank abbot are good in ring but couldn't drive a story
    You are so wrong on that on so many levels, particularly there being no storylines or personas in UFC (this shows how little you've watched mma and lack of education on the subject) and that the fighters you named can't drive a story (although none of them aren't active fighters anymore, and can only drive a storyline in pro wrestling in accordance to what they are given, whereas in the UFC all of these fighters led very memorable, ticket-selling story lines), but it's obvious you've made your mind up and won't even begin to note anything I or the millions of mma fans and fighters (myself being a former fighter) have to prove otherwise.
    Last edited by RockinHard; January 9, 2013 at 11:25pm.

Another great episode.

It was great having Brian on the Gooble again.

I'm glad my question made for a good conversation. I do like the idea of battle fans and they would relate well to Peekablue's feathers. From a character stand point I think it's better if she remain a pacifist, only brought in the battle due to the Horde kidnapping her.

Also, thanks for saying I'm great, it's always good to know you're liked. But I do have to say it's kind of surreal hearing people talk about you while listening to a podcast at work.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar

Rockin hard

You are so wrong on that on so many levels, particularly there being no storylines or personas in UFC (this shows how little you've watched mma and lack of education on the subject) and that the fighters you named can't drive a story (although none of them aren't active fighters anymore, and can only drive a storyline in pro wrestling in accordance to what they are given, whereas in the UFC all of these fighters led very memorable, ticket-selling story lines), but it's obvious you've made your mind up and won't even begin to note anything I or the millions of mma fans and fighters (myself being a former fighter) have to prove otherwise.
    Mma is real there should be no need for story arc. My point if you took the time to read was about how MMA are fighters and that sometimes it doesn't translate into pro wrestling. As fantastic as the guys I mentioned were they couldn't carry a main event level story arc. It has nothing to do with the fighters now. I watch MMA for the fight not the build up but that is me. ( my background was in pro wrestling and I have a ton of former wrestlers who worked with me who now attempt MMA)

Thanks for listening and responding !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post
    Great episode! It was great to have Rob and Bruce on - added some new perspective and opinions. Variety is the spice of life!
    Thanks I love talking with everyone and thank you guys for putting up with the Filmation hater
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

whereabouts did you stay if you don't mind me asking? ... i like living here, but it's my dream to one day live in the states
    When I lived there I stayed in London just south of Euston Station. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post
    Bruce?!!! What?!?! LoL!!!