Thread: MOTUC Mino-Taur (With Custom Kevin "Tin" Kosse head!)

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC Mino-Taur (With Custom Kevin "Tin" Kosse head!)

So I got myself a Christmas present this year a bit out of the ordinary.

A custom never-before-created Kevin "Tin" Kosse custom head.

I've always been fascinated with old stories and their impact on sci-fi and fantasy.
    So the custom head I wanted was basically a cyborg-minotaur head, a mix of both fantasy and sci-fi,
    just like Masters of the Universe is.

Before I share the pictures here's a little back story on him, a long with some notes.
    This is by no means a definite background, but I had created a few short stories in my head to
    sort of capture the essence of this character:

Horde Bull Character
    Bull-men of Minos

Mino-Taur

The Bull-men of Minos, one of the habitable moons orbiting the Planet Asterion. Ovid Thunderhorn belonged to a group of common farmers on the flat grass filled moon, living in peace until The Horde arrived and started to enslave the people there. The Horde quickly discovered that a ferocious rage was inside the inhabitants and could be set loose given the right triggers.
    Lobotomizing half of the people enslaved and making the rest into warriors by neural chip control, Ovid Thunderhorn stood out from the rest as a ferocious and brutal warrior. He also seemed to regain more control then the rest but still stayed faithfull to The Horde. Quickly gaining rank and given the title "Bos Taurus" which is essentially a chieftain amongst the people of Minos, Mino-Taur is a Sergeant of the Horde, staging brutal attacks in their name.
    But there are times when the frantic war-beast calms down, and fierce intelligence can be gleamed in his eyes. Hordak himself is suspicious if the neuro chip will control Mino-Taur for very much longer.

The dwellings on Minos are below ground, below the rich farmland into the rock of the moon itself. Labyrinthine passageways are second nature to the Bull-men, so they rarely get lost.

The neuro chip works with the innate rage that is DNA encoded into every one of the Minosians. It taps into the feral part of their brain, releasing testosterone and neural inhibitors preventing higher thought functions, basically turning the chipped into raging frantic war-beasts.

The moon Minos is the only known place to have Bull-men in all of the Universe, and their numbers are dwindling in the service of the Horde, maybe one day to extinction. If Ovid Thunderhorn was himself, he would probably not like that at all.
    ------------
    Without further ado here are some pictures:

There was a concept sketch that I had my original idea based on, but I wanted it more motucized:

I take no credit for this original piece of artwork, It said Kevin Sharpe on the image file, but I'm not
    sure who the credit should go to. (I'm sure someone here can provide the info though.)

Anyways with that I also wanted a different twist on it, and new it would be a collaboration between
    this sketch, my original idea, the sketch I had a friend make and Tin himself who will sculpt and paint
    the final head.

Here is what I wrote to my artist friend (who was in the middle of his finals and still did this for me!
    yeah he is my best friend.):

Traditional Minotaur head.
    One eye needs to be bionic/mechanical
    3 rings in one of the ears.
    One horn broken.
    Goatee
    Sideburns, maybe like wolverine
    Mohawk that goes back into a pony tail pinned to his neck (make it as flat as possible.)
    Ring in the nose
    Feral growl on his face, lower canines longer and strutting out.

And this is what he came up with:

I knew the final product would be different, this was just a starting point.
    After a little bit back and forth on ideas, I let the project into the very capable hands of
    Kevin "Tin" Kosse.

After a little while he had sculpted most of the head and gave me an update, his take on the character
    was more MOTUC and less WOW as the drawing my friend did was very WOW inspired. (Which is perfect, I
    already knew this would be a collaboration of some great people )
    Here's the first image I got:

After some more time he had it done and painted:

---------------------
    Now the project got into my hands, as I needed a body for the figure.
    I awaited some black friday figures I had ordered before I could start.

This is pre-paint and then after some paint. Notice the Axe still haven't gotten all it's alterations:

Now keep this in mind. I plan on making at least 2-4 bodies for this specific head, and that this
    is a work in progress and not the final figure.
    I also made a custom axe for him.

There is a pony tail that I got with the head I have yet to attach. I'm afraid it will break because
    it is so tiny, I'll probably glue it on eventually, but right now the head goes off and on to much
    for me to even consider it.

So without any more ado, the semi-finished first body of my custom character Mino-Taur:

Fabulous secret powers revealed

That Minotaur is awesome. Congratulations
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Princess View Post
    That Minotaur is awesome. Congratulations
    Thanks!
    And it's only the first body
    I plan do do a couple of more at least.

You can never go wrong with a Kosse collaboration.

Haradrel, this guy is ffffffantastic! The two-toned paint for his fur works really great. The snakeman is also very well done. My only complaint is that he's too cool to be just another Horde member... he needs his own logo!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    You can never go wrong with a Kosse collaboration.

Haradrel, this guy is ffffffantastic! The two-toned paint for his fur works really great. The snakeman is also very well done. My only complaint is that he's too cool to be just another Horde member... he needs his own logo!

Thanks, a lot of thought has gone into him

As for his own logo, well "keep reading the bio"
    I do plan on making a few bodies for his head, basically creating a time line for the character.

That's cool - awesome custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Thanks, a lot of thought has gone into him

As for his own logo, well "keep reading the bio"
    I do plan on making a few bodies for his head, basically creating a time line for the character.
    Good, let's see him break out on his own!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Great custom! Great work all around!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    that's really cool!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys.
    I'll update this thread when there is new stuff, which will probably take some time, I don't have a lot of time these days for personal projects.

That would actually work well in the MOTU-Verse. Looks awesome!!!
    "I'M THE SHADOW THAT MOVES ON THE WALLS"

SUPER-inspiring....that's a lot of work and decision-making....and the outcome(s) is/are incredible.....WOW!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Snappy Threader
    Very nice. He looks real cool.

He looks great and reminds me of another fan creation. Mean-O-Taur.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys.
    I won't have the chance to work on his alternate bodies for some time now, but at least his first one is almost finished.