Thread: ViewMaster. Finnish edition.

ViewMaster. Finnish edition.

All right, I'm man enough to admit it. I'm obviously a stinkin' liar. For years I've kept saying there was ever only The Christmas Special we got in the 80s. Today I've learned there was at least one other thing: a set of Viewmaster reels. Copyright year for this is 1985. Here's a pic from a closed auction

And if there was any doubt, a pic of a single reel (and I can confirm the language is Finnish)
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Yup..... I did know not such exits until now.

Christmas Special, View Master... this is too much Finnish POP for my mind to process.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Christmas Special, View Master... this is too much Finnish POP for my mind to process.
    Prepare to have your mind blown: This is the third time we saw She-Ra here in the 80s as far as I know (by this rate I'm gathering new information, there might be two more tidbits by the time I reach retirement age! ). Here She-Ra is an illusion image created by Evil-Lyn. Source: Finnish MotU comic 4/89, translation of UK original.

Back to back posting, so this will get auto-edited...but I got the set today.

Here's the Finnish cardback with the story:

Which episodes/images do the discs feature?

Busta Toons will tell you all about it. In 2014. I honestly couldn't tell 99 times out of 100 where a scene or pic appeared in PoP cartoon...but I think I can safely say that the transformation pics in these reels aren't from the toon.
    Oh, and it's exactly the same set as the English release, just the texts on the reels and cardback have been translated into Finnish. Every single pic with speech bubbles are still in English!

Pics with speech bubbles? Non-Filmation transformation images? Intriguing....